PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Boston win the championship grand slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I exchange this thread with the RIP Doris Day thread?
Asking for a friend
Feel free to I.D. the "friend" as me. Jesus, this is bad...

Dingleberry is too kind. You're a dink. How can something that doesn't exist be tattooed? Enjoy your weekend.

You have a good weekend as well.

Wait, are you implying I have no scrotum? Ummm, ok.

There have been threads previously on what Pats SB win (IE SB 38) you'd exchange for a Pats SB loss (IE SB 42). What if you were to use this for other Boston sports? Tineframe we are using is 2001 through the Pats SB 53 win.

For example, I'd have the Red Sox lose the 07 WS in exchange for a Pats SB win in 07. The 2004 Red Sox are memorable for obvious reasons. 2013 is memorable because of what they did after the Marathon bombing. But the 07 WS win is just kinda....there. it's not particularly memorable for me. Although SB 42 stings less with each SB win, it still sticks out like a sore thumb.

Another one: I'd have the Bruins lose in 2011 in exchange for a Celtics win in 2010. Blowing a 3-2 lead in the Finals stinks. Blowing it to the Lakees of all teams sucks more.

What "exchanges" would you make? Why?

I would trade the Bruins, Celtics, and one of the Red Sox titles for 07, 11, 17.

I would do 07 Sox for Pats although I did love that title, but that's a no brainer.

Not sure I'd trade anything else though, I've thoroughly enjoyed the other titles and the Pats have won a crap ton so I think I'd be good with that.

Easy: New England Revolution 0-5. I'd be happy with one MLS Cup.

I’ll trade a 2019 cup for the bruins for the continued success of the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen.

I’ll trade a 2019 cup for the bruins for the continued success of the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen.
says the blues fan lol. non boston fans should be banned from this thread. or ill trade all the lakers titles for the 2013 stanley cup. lol

Last edited:
Only one city (Detriot) has won 3 major championships in same year (Lions, Tigers, Red Wings).

So if the Bruins finish the job, the 2018 year of Boston sports will be the greatest of all-time, given the fact there were respectively 6, 12 and 16 teams in the NHL, NFL and MLB the year Detriot did it.

Patriots weren't expected to get to the SB. Red Sox weren't favorites going in. Bruins sure as heck weren't favorites. The Celtics were expected to make the Finals. They should feel shame if they end up the only team in town not to make (And win) a title. I'll go a step further: With Kyrie they were the most "hated" team in town.

Patriots/Rams: 57.4
Bruins/Canucks 46.4 (game 7 2011)
Red Sox/Cardinals 40.6 (2013 game 6)
Celtics/Lakers 39.6 (2010 game 7)

This is as close as you can get with deep games this decade.

I wonder if this is because the Celtics already won in 08. Where as the Bruins had a chance to do something that wasn't done in 39 years.

With the ring Ceremony and game 5 scheduled Thursday it would be cool to clinch it the same night. LFG!

Another one: I'd have the Bruins lose in 2011 in exchange for a Celtics win in 2010. Blowing a 3-2 lead in the Finals stinks. Blowing it to the Lakees of all teams sucks more.

What "exchanges" would you make? Why?

I'd trade all the Red Sox titles for the Bruins winning in 2013. Because who cares about the Red Sox.

Not that long ago the Pats had never won a championship and were cursed losers and the Red Sox werent much better.

Boston fans haven't always been spoiled with sports dynasty

That's a valid point. On the other hand, at 39 titles (about to be 40) Boston has the second most major championships of any city. New York has 54 and Chicago 30. New York has the advantage of a lot more teams and both New York and Chicago have been NFL cities far longer than Boston.

BTW if the Bruins and win two more games Boston will join Detroit as the only city with 3 championships in the 4 major sports in the same year. The Lions (image that), Tigers and Red wings all were champs in 1935.

Other cities might claim it with soccer or the WNBA thrown in but that's crap in my mind. I tf the Revolution won I would be claiming the grand slam for Boston. It would have had to have been the Celtics to complete it.

I'd trade all the Red Sox titles for the Bruins winning in 2013. Because who cares about the Red Sox.
Why TF would you even write that crap? (That's a question mark, by the way, of which you evidently have no knowledge.) Fact: far more people both here in NE and across the country root for the Red Sox than the Bruins. That's not an editorial observation on the relative worth of rooting for either team. Rather, it's reflective of the clearly regional appeal of ice hockey, as opposed to baseball's more widespread popularity. I get it. You don't like baseball and/or the Red Sox and you like hockey and the Bruins. To answer your question, which you incorrectly wrote as a statement, more people care about the Red Sox.

Honestly?

Many multiples than care about the Bruins.

And I'm a Bruins fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots