PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton: "It's really put-up or shut-up time"

And there it is. Didn’t like him from the jump.

So?

Everything I said about his game - inaccuracy, inconsistency, mounting injuries - proved accurate.

Are you a Cam fan? I won’t attack you if you are…I’m not a fan. I think the Patriots sre much better off without him. They might as well dump him and Stidham with one fell swoop and sign a veteran journeyman. Almost guaranteed to be a better option.

If Cam says that he's willing to compete but if he loses out he'll be the backup, retire or ask to be released, then that isn't really "letting the chips fall where they may."

Talk is cheap. And not very many do more of that than Cam, the wanna be icon.

If he's the starting QB for this team this year then we're screwed. It will mean that the Pats dumped the GOAT QB without another option available.

If I had to guess how we ended up in this situation mine would be that Bill was so sure that he could lowball the GOAT QB that he wasn't ready for him to leave.
You lost me as soon as you made your Brady comment.

The more I think on it, the more I agree with Bill on Brady.

Think about what the Pats would have looked like WITH Tom Brady in 2020. We barely had any cap space and we had a $1MM QB not a 20MM one. Think about Brady playing with 2 6th round rookie OT's for a lot of that season. Think about the TE's and WR's. MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE Brady gets that team to 9-7 or 10 and 6. So its us not Miami who misses the playoffs..

No Brady was exactly where he needed to be to succeed, a team with the most talented skill players in the league. And the Pats needed to move on because it was time to retool and Brady had no time to spend retooling. None of the moves the Pats made with the cap space they had would have been possible if they kept Brady. It wouldn't have been fair to Tom and a poor way to show our gratitude for his service.

BTW- Bill DID have a plan for the future of the position, it was called Jimmy Garopollo. It wasn't his fault that Brady refused get old. And plan B looks (cross fingers) solid as well. Even if Cam sucks for a 2nd year, how horrific would it be if it took us 2 whole seasons to move to a solid QB situation after a 20 year run of unprecedented greatness.

He is also one of the richest professional athletes in the world, yet he left for more money too. I know you aren't really all that bright, but why do you think he left? Because Bill was mean to him?
That's a punk comment and one that you probably wouldn't have the balls to say to someone's face.

Brady left to show that winning is more about the players. He succeeded in spades.

Bill Belichick is on the hot seat this year. If the Pats lose more games than they win (again) and BB's record without Brady drops further below .500 then it will get even hotter.

But hey, at least Bill will be the top paid HC and his kids will have a place here, unlike Brady.

That's a punk comment and one that you probably wouldn't have the balls to say to someone's face.

Brady left to show that winning is more about the players. He succeeded in spades.

Bill Belichick is on the hot seat this year. If the Pats lose more games than they win (again) and BB's record without Brady drops further below .500 then it will get even hotter.

But hey, at least Bill will be the top paid HC and his kids will have a place here, unlike Brady.
He is really sassy behind his keyboard. He also doesn't like Brady anymore because he is a Patriots super fan!

Dumbass whines incessantly about Brady discussions and goes around the forum sniffing farts to try to find a Brady discussion, where he can add his moronic, low-IQ opinion.

I love this this is all to climb a hill, and die on that hill, to argue Brady left for more money. You can't really be that stupid...really...can you? This is Dunning-Kruger squared.

Dumbass whines incessantly about Brady discussions and goes around the forum sniffing farts to try to find a Brady discussion, where he can add his moronic, low-IQ opinion.

I love this this is all to climb a hill, and die on that hill, to argue Brady left for more money. You can't really be that stupid...really...can you? This is Dunning-Kruger squared.
Who?

Especially when Kraft said he wouldn't let him leave if it was just money.

07WorkFriend-01-facebookJumbo.jpg

Oh my now the mean old Brady boys are going to complain I am calling them out. It is funny, I like Brady supported him, am saddened because he left, wish he hadn't and understand why he did. But because I refuse to place all the blame on Bill and the Patriots for him leaving, moronic posters like 1960 and 203 and the ice boys consistently get butt hurt when I post.

Tom left for his business, Tom left because it made much more sense for him to go to a place where he could win immediately, because, lets face it, he has a few years left at most. Tom left to help grow TB12. Tom left because he can separate himself from Bill, get out of his shadow and perhaps get more glory because of it.

All of those things are his right, I don't fault him for it, and thank him for the time he played for the Patriots.

However, as soon as he decided to leave the Patriots he left the Patriots. I root for the players currently on the team, not players who used to be on the team and left for more money or more fame, or for whatever reason he left. When he retires and he ends up in the hall of fame wearing a Patriots Jersey I will be happy for him. Until then, he is a player on another team who I want to lose when they play the Patriots.

And I am happy to call anyone who disagrees an idiot over a beer any time they want. I will even buy the first round.

You lost me as soon as you made your Brady comment.

The more I think on it, the more I agree with Bill on Brady.

Think about what the Pats would have looked like WITH Tom Brady in 2020. We barely had any cap space and we had a $1MM QB not a 20MM one. Think about Brady playing with 2 6th round rookie OT's for a lot of that season. Think about the TE's and WR's. MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE Brady gets that team to 9-7 or 10 and 6. So its us not Miami who misses the playoffs..

No Brady was exactly where he needed to be to succeed, a team with the most talented skill players in the league. And the Pats needed to move on because it was time to retool and Brady had no time to spend retooling. None of the moves the Pats made with the cap space they had would have been possible if they kept Brady. It wouldn't have been fair to Tom and a poor way to show our gratitude for his service.

BTW- Bill DID have a plan for the future of the position, it was called Jimmy Garopollo. It wasn't his fault that Brady refused get old. And plan B looks (cross fingers) solid as well. Even if Cam sucks for a 2nd year, how horrific would it be if it took us 2 whole seasons to move to a solid QB situation after a 20 year run of unprecedented greatness.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME

Woah woah woah now...

keep it civil. nothings worth the amount of effort you’re putting in here bud.

must be typin away with the anger. Go take a walk outside.

wanna go around the Internet proving your smarts, show us a degree or somethin

btw anybody got some analysis?

So?

Everything I said about his game - inaccuracy, inconsistency, mounting injuries - proved accurate.

Are you a Cam fan? I won’t attack you if you are…I’m not a fan. I think the Patriots sre much better off without him. They might as well dump him and Stidham with one fell swoop and sign a veteran journeyman. Almost guaranteed to be a better option.

surprisingly, not really. lol. Pats fan. He’s the pats starting QB.

Woah woah woah now...

keep it civil. nothings worth the amount of effort you’re putting in here bud.

must be typin away with the anger. Go take a walk outside.

wanna go around the Internet proving your smarts, show us a degree or somethin

btw anybody got some analysis?

Ehhh…

I like your energy. Whatever, for now. God knows Team Bill needs a fresh voice.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back