PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton: "I'm far from perfect, but loyalty, I deserve it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hes actually referring to his situation with the Pats- then hell yes! thats outrageous and delusional and I say f him. But it was a cryptic post. We dont know exactly what hes referring to. Thats why I think all this piss and vinegar is premature.

What if it was the loud stadium cheers for Mac ? I don't see that changing the next few preseason games or regular season. It's going to intensify. Some in the media are openly clamoring for Mac. This could sour and get ugly real fast with Cam in Boston.

Why did AndyJohnson ever change is name to Ring6 anyway? Did he get banned? Ive been lurking for 5+ years (post for <1), must have missed it.
Don't know. You'd need to ask him.

Tom House, noted throwing expert coach to multiple star players including Tom Brady, believed earlier this year Cam could have a bounce back year:

"Tom House, a former MLB pitcher and renowned throwing mechanics coach who also works with Tom Brady, says Newton’s increased removal from shoulder and foot injuries that hampered him in Carolina — as well as the chance to operate under a normal training camp — could be the “perfect storm” for the quarterback to have a big 2021 season.

...“What people don’t realize is Cam has been injured,” House said in an interview with NBC Sports Boston’s Patriots Talk Podcast. “He hasn’t had the ability to work on mechanics like he should or could have because his health was an issue. And what you saw with the pandemic and all the upheaval and weird things that were going on with the day-to-day process, he probably didn’t have the time, or what I would say — his efforts had to be directed toward just plain competing.”

...But House says Newton’s bigger problem may have been the Lisfranc injury that eventually ended his 2019 season.

“I think his foot injury bothered him more than his shoulder injury,” the throwing expert explained. “These athletes throw with their feet. The quicker their feet, the quicker their release. He went through a full year where he couldn’t step and throw without pain in his foot.”

Last edited:
This could get ugly fast, if fans in the stadium are screaming for Mac every time Cam is out there, and over time it affects Cam and he behaves not ideally.
Division among fans is one thing, division among players would be another.

Whether we accept it or not, Cam is a legendary player in the eyes of many of the other players.

BB could be playing a dangerous game because of divided loyalties.

We all know Mac will be seeing the field sooner rather than later.

Even last year BB put Hoyer and Stid out there after Cam struggled.

Now this year it's going to be even messier if/when he puts Mac out there.

He really might be better off just releasing Cam at the end of training camp and keeping Hoyer around for mop up duty.

Give Cam a pat on the back for his role in developing Mac and write a check for the remaining balance on his contract and send him on his way.

Doubt it plays out this way, but a man can dream...

Division among fans is one thing, division among players would be another.

Whether we accept it or not, Cam is a legendary player in the eyes of many of the other players.

BB could be playing a dangerous game because of divided loyalties.

We all know Mac will be seeing the field sooner rather than later.

Even last year BB put Hoyer and Stid out there after Cam struggled.

Now this year it's going to be even messier if/when he puts Mac out there.

He really might be better off just releasing Cam at the end of training camp and keeping Hoyer around for mop up duty.

Give Cam a pat on the back for his role in developing Mac and write a check for the remaining balance on his contract and send him on his way.

Doubt it plays out this way, but a man can dream...

Perceptive post. Yeah. Belichick knows this, which is why he's been saying Cam is the starter The. Whole. Time.

Agree players will turn if they just toss Cam. He's beloved in the locker room. But Cam Newton in Boston and this media, this is kind of working out as predicted. I wish I could have bought stock in "Cam Newton as starting QB in Boston will not end well" (or rather a prop bet).

Perceptive post. Yeah. Belichick knows this, which is why he's been saying Cam is the starter The. Whole. Time.

Agree players will turn if they just toss Cam. He's beloved in the locker room. But Cam Newton in Boston and this media, this is kind of working out as predicted. I wish I could have bought stock in "Cam Newton as starting QB in Boston will not end well" (or rather a prop bet).
It'll be very interesting to see how it plays out.

A lot will depend on who BB thinks will give him the best chance to win.

We all know where BB picked TB12 over Bledsoe and was asked why he did it and said it was due to what he saw in four pre-season games.

He acted decisively and Drew was gone quickly.

In theory it could go down that way again, but BB seems pretty dug in on the idea that Cam is QB1 and gives him a better chance to win despite what we're seeing so far.

Randy Moss's time here in Boston also ended quickly. BB kept him when he was of use to him, but when the pain exceeded the gain he was gone.

Will BB be as ruthless with Cam, or has he mellowed with age?

Based on all the puffing and strutting in Cam's IG posts he won't accept being QB2 gracefully, but when confronted with either being QB2 or hitting the road, what will he do?

LOL at Cam on Stevenson’s long TD run 0:07

We all know where BB picked TB12 over Bledsoe and was asked why he did it and said it was due to what he saw in four pre-season games.

In theory it could go down that way again, but BB seems pretty dug in on the idea that Cam is QB1 and gives him a better chance to win despite what we're seeing so far.

Randy Moss's time here in Boston also ended quickly. BB kept him when he was of use to him, but when the pain exceeded the gain he was gone.

Based on all the puffing and strutting in Cam's IG posts he won't accept being QB2 gracefully, but when confronted with either being QB2 or hitting the road, what will he do?

I agree on where you were going, if ultimately they aren't going to ride Cam all year, this could get real ugly real fast inside the locker room with pissed off players.
I was thinking, the next 10 days are very important, maybe they have to give a real close look at Cam and preseason snaps. Ride Cam all the way or make some moves. But how to quiet down the media will be tough. The media here will likely be a major factor if the season is derailed.

I really think he will be gone if he loses this QB competition. He isn’t here to back anyone up.

My favorite poster is @Ring 6 because it’s heroic to overcome a severe personality disorder and low level of intelligence…and still remain undefeated in arguing (in his mind.) There were so many times over the years where he looked humiliated and defeated and had to really dig deep to come up with some of the worst dogshit tactics for the W. I just hope when law enforcement seizes his hard drive, they’ll preserve some of his most memorable debates.
Your obsession with me is frightening. I’m think I own at least 20% of the space in your brain at this point.
Your inferiority complex is showing.

I agree on where you were going, if ultimately they aren't going to ride Cam all year, this could get real ugly real fast inside the locker room with pissed off players.
I was thinking, the next 10 days are very important, maybe they have to give a real close look at Cam and preseason snaps. Ride Cam all the way or make some moves. But how to quiet down the media will be tough. The media here will likely be a major factor if the season is derailed.
I agree. The media has already made this a QB controversy and I think it is going to be epic. Bill is not going to move off of Cam easily and his favorite line from last year "Cam gives us the best chance to win" won't work this year. We have seen the goods with Mac and we know where he was drafted so the push to start him/play him will be enormous. Bill's "hand wave" answers will not work and I agree with you that the media will be thronging for Mac to play and the fans too. The standing ovation was just a taste of how badly the fans do not want to see Cam anymore and that was before Mac had even played a down.

All I can say is, Get your popcorn ready!

Again…I don’t need to insult others. I figured you’d punt because you can’t prove it…and I was right. Big Win here.
You unprovoked out of the blue made a post with no intent but to attempt to insult me. “Proof” is right in the thread. You responded to a childish post with a more childish post.

You just called your own post childish, since I responded to only your posts and not mine. Cool…glad we‘ve established that. Time to move on and stop needing to get in the last word. It’s a compulsion of yours...so childish.
Wrong again. You are obsessed with me to the point that when I start ignoring your drivel, you create a post about me just to try to get me to pay attention to you.
I get that you live for my attention, but it’s really creepy, so just stop, for your own good.

Back to the thread, I think based on the situation the Pats should play Cam a ton the next preseason game or at least go all starters and see if this is going to work or not the first couple series. Bill will need to either decide and tell media to stfu, or this will continue to fester and it will be a massive waste of free agent resources as the locker room implodes from a bunch of teammates who love Cam Newton and sour on the franchise.

I really think he will be gone if he loses this QB competition. He isn’t here to back anyone up.
The fact that he rocks "1" on his uniform suggests you are right.

I agree. The media has already made this a QB controversy and I think it is going to be epic. Bill is not going to move off of Cam easily and his favorite line from last year "Cam gives us the best chance to win" won't work this year. We have seen the goods with Mac and we know where he was drafted so the push to start him/play him will be enormous. Bill's "hand wave" answers will not work and I agree with you that the media will be thronging for Mac to play and the fans too. The standing ovation was just a taste of how badly the fans do not want to see Cam anymore and that was before Mac had even played a down.

All I can say is, Get your popcorn ready!
I agree there will be a controversy, but BB has more job security than anyone in the NFL who isn't an owner. The hand wave answers will work as long as Krafty Bob lets BB get away with them. Cam will have to really stink up the joint for more than a few games for RK to decide it's time to lean on BB, IMO.

Pitiful you can’t just walk away and have to get in the past word. It’s a sickness.
You are the one who can’t walk away. When I do, you just call me back.
I bet you can’t not respond to this.

The fact that he rocks "1" on his uniform suggests you are right.

BB has more job security than anyone in the NFL who isn't an owner. The hand wave answers will work as long as Krafty Bob lets BB get away with them.

Worst case scenario is littlefinger McD engineers a locker room implosion , Bill leaves, he becomes HC under the rationale of developing Mac, promptly nose dives the entire franchise. It probably wouldn't be an engineered coup, more like total ineptness at managing the offense and inadvertently pissing off Cam, pissing off most of the team, and leading to Bill leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back