PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam is not the Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportnik

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I've seen enough. Newton is the polar opposite of the type of QB that will excel in the Pats O. We don't need a big arm. We don't need athleticism. We don't need a QB that kisses BB's ass. We need a QB that makes quick decisions and throws with accuracy. Did BB forget about his scouting report from 1991?

#1 is to make good decisions. Then arm, size, physicality, tough, leadership, guy other guys look up to and have confidence in, a real competitor. An emphasis in our game will be decision, timing, accuracy, guy needs to be confident, intelligence is important but not as much as field awareness & judgement. Can't be sloppy fundamentally, unsound guy with ball handling, tech, etc. Footwork, drops, release, etc. - QB has to throw the ball with accuracy.

I'd rather see the team go 2-14 & draft Lawrence than propel the franchise into perpetual mediocracy with Cam. This Cam thing isn't going to work & I can't watch another week of this BS.

You've been waiting for a reason to bash Cam I see. Newton wasn't the reason for the loss. Not even remotely.

Try again a few weeks ago.

You've been waiting for a reason to bash Cam I see. Newton wasn't the reason for the loss. Not even remotely.

How many f'n balls in the dirt? How many balls did JJ Watt knock down? Ho many times did he fail to set his feet before throwing? How many times did Cam hold the ball more than 5 seconds? It was a pathetic performance. Brutal.

Cam is likely better than anyone else we have, and better than most anyone we can find on the open market. If Garoppolo is available, you can bet Belichick tries to sign him in the offseason.

My problem with Cam is that he is a little late on his throws. He reminds me of a much better Tyrod Taylor. But I don't know how or why he can't read who is going to rush him from the LOS. That late sack he took was hard to fathom since the safety gave himself away by coming over the LOS before getting back onside. In fact, if one of our OL moved, Houston would have been called for encroachment.

That being said, I'll take the bad with the good and recognize that Newton is better than anyone we're likely to find on the FA market, and also we're better off with him starting while a rookie learns the position.

I've seen enough. Newton is the polar opposite of the type of QB that will excel in the Pats O. We don't need a big arm. We don't need athleticism. We don't need a QB that kisses BB's ass. We need a QB that makes quick decisions and throws with accuracy. Did BB forget about his scouting report from 1991?

#1 is to make good decisions. Then arm, size, physicality, tough, leadership, guy other guys look up to and have confidence in, a real competitor. An emphasis in our game will be decision, timing, accuracy, guy needs to be confident, intelligence is important but not as much as field awareness & judgement. Can't be sloppy fundamentally, unsound guy with ball handling, tech, etc. Footwork, drops, release, etc. - QB has to throw the ball with accuracy.

I'd rather see the team go 2-14 & draft Lawrence than propel the franchise into perpetual mediocracy with Cam. This Cam thing isn't going to work & I can't watch another week of this BS.

The issue with you post is that it isn't a question of whether Cam is the answer. The question is where is the better option. Don't say Stidham. He's not the better option. We let Brady walk. We didn't have an answer. Stidham clearly wasn't the guy. We took a chance on Cam. He revealed to the coaches just how bad an idea rolling with Stidham and Hoyer was. We did not make a play to pay Rivers or somebody else. We did not attempt to trade up. We will have a hard time finding a QB in the draft this year.

The easy part is identifying the problem. The hard part is finding the solution. Teams sometimes take years trying to find the QB they need. We have to accept it might be awhile before a better answer than Cam is in arms reach. Quite frankly, the way some people post, I also see everyone getting sticker shock if a QB does end up available in free agency that we can possibly get. That's another problem.

Cam is likely better than anyone else we have, and better than most anyone we can find on the open market. If Garoppolo is available, you can bet Belichick tries to sign him in the offseason.

My problem with Cam is that he is a little late on his throws. He reminds me of a much better Tyrod Taylor. But I don't know how or why he can't read who is going to rush him from the LOS. That late sack he took was hard to fathom since the safety gave himself away by coming over the LOS before getting back onside. In fact, if one of our OL moved, Houston would have been called for encroachment.

That being said, I'll take the bad with the good and recognize that Newton is better than anyone we're likely to find on the FA market, and also we're better off with him starting while a rookie learns the position.
Cam needs to get set better for his mechanics. However, his receivers give him small windows and the line isn't helping.

Really a separate thread for this? We’ve already known he wasn’t the long term answer just like we know he’s still the best qb currently on the roster. We weren’t in range to grab one of the big 3 at qb (burrow tua Herbert). We will see where we are at qb next preseason.

Im far from thrilled with him but no qb is winning with this defense and nothing but byrd and meyers to throw to. Hes at least given us a shot to win and made something out of whats there.

Really a separate thread for this? We’ve already known he wasn’t the long term answer just like we know he’s still the best qb currently on the roster. We weren’t in range to grab one of the big 3 at qb (burrow tua Herbert). We will see where we are at qb next preseason.
Yeah. Spot on. Cam is not the answer but Bill didn't pick him up on June 28 to be the answer. He was the best option at that time because Stid is a bust. Have to start over next year at the QB spot. Absolutely no succession plan by Bill post Brady.

I will. Gladly.

and Jimmy G is the answer. Should never have let him go. A perfect fit.

major injuries in 3 out of the last 4 seasons. Hard to call anyone like that an answer. Also while cam aint clutch jimmy is not much better in that sense either

Yeah. Spot on. Cam is not the answer but Bill didn't pick him up on June 28 to be the answer. He was the best option at that time because Stid is a bust. Have to start over next year at the QB spot. Absolutely no succession plan by Bill post Brady.
From where we are likely to be drafting 10-20 I’m going to just forget about TLaw fields and most likely Lance. Pipe dream. Next tier guys Zach Wilson mac Jones and Kyle trask. Cowboys could be a wildcard if they decide to go with a rookie instead of paying Dak. Then Dak could be available as well.

Im far from thrilled with him but no qb is winning with this defense and nothing but byrd and meyers to throw to. Hes at least given us a shot to win and made something out of whats there.

The point is the Cam is the polar opposite of everything BB said he wanted in a QB. Yet he blows smoke up BB's ass, so we need to waste a season watching him make poor decisions and throw the ball like a slightly better version of Tim Tebow.

BB should have been drafting QB's the minute he traded JG, starting with Lamar Jackson. It's pathetic that the so called greatest coach ever has let his team become non-competitive because he can't find a QB. Maybe BB has just lost his fastball. It happens open you turn 70.

The point is the Cam is the polar opposite of everything BB said he wanted in a QB. Yet he blows smoke up BB's ass, so we need to waste a season watching him make poor decisions and throw the ball like a slightly better version of Tim Tebow.

BB should have been drafting QB's the minute he traded JG, starting with Lamar Jackson. It's pathetic that the so called greatest coach ever has let his team become non-competitive because he can't find a QB. Maybe BB has just lost his fastball. It happens open you turn 70.
Lamars not the answer either. Baltimore is currently finding that out.

Since Cam did not contribute even remotely, what were the reasons?

the line isn't helping.

It is one of the best OLines in the NFL. How good does the OLine have to be? The Texans line is much worse. How much responsibility is on Cam for not adjusting blitz pickup, holding the ball too long, and not stepping up to set his feet and deliver an accurate throw?

He was the best option at that time because Stid is a bust.

I agree that Cam is most likely the best option, but how do you know that Stidham is a bust after 27 snaps in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes