PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Ridley? No thanks. (EDIT: Signs With Titans)

The dolphins are over the cap no? Any chance we can try to steal away waddle?

And DEMANDING a trade...

Wouldn't cost two first rounders now....we can sit out on this one until the trading deadline in October though....

He isn’t getting traded nor will he sit he’ll play on a contender and hit FA next year

I'm in on Ridley because his team still wants him for big money, even with a deep draft for receivers.

It looks more than likely that Ridley will be returning to Jacksonville. I would offer a 2nd and 4th round picks in the 2025 draft for Tee Higgins. Those picks will probably still be in the top 10, and with the WR talent being so deep in this draft, Cincy can probably pluck a WR in the 1st or 2nd round in this draft (in addition to what they'd do with those 2 picks of ours in 2025). I don't believe Cincy would accept such a deal, but it's at least worth offering.

Seems to me they would have to offer him an overwhelming contract to get him from Jax. And the sad fact of the matter is that due to taxes, they have to offer him 9% more than Jax just to equal his take home pay.

So in order to really overwhelm whatever Jax offers, NE would have to go ridiculous, which ain't gonna happen.

Seems to me they would have to offer him an overwhelming contract to get him from Jax. And the sad fact of the matter is that due to taxes, they have to offer him 9% more than Jax just to equal his take home pay.

So in order to really overwhelm whatever Jax offers, NE would have to go ridiculous, which ain't gonna happen.
This is where reality will set in for us until we're legitimate contenders again. All the details in free agency that got overlooked for years when we were rolling out of bed to 12 wins a year are all relevant again. Cold weather, higher taxes, 45-60 minutes into the city. Not make or breakers for a winning team but when you and another bad team are competing for a guy sometimes you need to overextend to make up for those factors.

Best option?

The Pats are in a rebuild and this draft class is loaded at WR.
Your Ridley Pats Jersey will be on me thanks don't mention it.

Your Ridley Pats Jersey will be on me thanks don't mention it.
I’ll just cross out “Schuster” and write “Ridley” on it in crayon.

Last edited:

I understand that if they wait a couple of days, Ridley going back to the Jags makes it a new contract and then they only have to give the Falcons a 3rd round pick instead of 2nd rounder. I suspect him going back to the Jags is a done deal and they're just waiting to sign it to only have to give up a 3rd rounder. So, it's time for the Pat's to go to Plan B (if there is a Plan B).

Just don't let Mulegeta play you
He Plays everyone

Where are you coming up with 9%? State income tax in Mass is 5%. Secondly, it’s no where near as big an issue as you’d think. Taxes are paid based on the location the game Is played in. So it only effects half games.

Where are you coming up with 9%? State income tax in Mass is 5%. Secondly, it’s no where near as big an issue as you’d think.
5% Mass. state tax + 4% Mass. millionaires tax after 1st million
Taxes are paid based on the location the game Is played in. So it only effects half games.
Jacksonville plays 13 games next year in states with no state income tax.
I believe NE has 3 games in such states

Last edited:
Where are you coming up with 9%? State income tax in Mass is 5%. Secondly, it’s no where near as big an issue as you’d think. Taxes are paid based on the location the game Is played in. So it only effects half games.
C'mon man. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back