PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose to the Jets at home in the AFCDG I really may never turn on the television again.

But this year, I would be really, really shocked if we didn't beat them.

I can't even contemplate how devastating a loss that would be.

Merge to "the jets suck" thread ;)

EDIT: it is related, just the idea of them being in the play offs sucks.

The Jets will be coming to town for the divisional game. If ever there was a must win in this franchises history it will be this game. After last years debacle I don't think I could show my face in public if they lost to them a second straight year.

Calling it now ... Your calling it now will fail and you better not show your face on this board when it does.

The Green Beans are dead.

The Jets will be coming to town for the divisional game. If ever there was a must win in this franchises history it will be this game. After last years debacle I don't think I could show my face in public if they lost to them a second straight year.

Nope. The Giants will win their last two to make the playoffs and essentially crush the Jets hopes tomorrow.

I think alot of people are falling into the trap of thinking that this years Jets team is the same as last years team. From what I've seen in the 4 or 5 games I've watched them play this season, they are not. Their mid level talent is simply not as deep as it was in the previous 2 years.
It would not surprise me if they won one of thier last two or even lost them both. The G-Men appear to be a better team and I know who I'd put my money on between Eli and Sanchez to win a big game and it aint Sanchez!
And if you think Miami is going to roll over the last week of the season for the Jets, you have not been watching the Dolphins the last 6 weeks.

I HATE the Jets, from thier fanbase to their QB, to their douche GM and their A Hole coach. LT is a fraud and Fireman Ed can go to Hell. Their wide receivers are classless punks with no understanding of situational football (see Holmes TD celebration down 18 against the Eagles)and did I mention that LT is the biggest fraud in the NFL? What a miserable franchise of has beens and never weres.
May they all rot in Rex Ryans' stomach juices.

Merry Christmas to all Pats fans and their families.

I'm calling it now.......the Jets are losing their last two games to end on a three game losing streak. They suck on the road this year and the Giants at home is a quasi-road-game. The fish will stick it to them as well and the eagles destroyed them.

Whoever the opponent is it doesnt matter.It could be the steelers or the jets.This team needs a playoff win in the worse way.I still think this defense has to step up.You need your defense to get stops in the playoffs.

By the way, i was looking at that loss last year and clearly the coaching was brutal along with the playcalling!!!They maded zero adjustments to what the jets where doing.BB got outcoached!!

I think Tennessee could screw NY up if they win both their games. if NY loses one of the next two games and Cincy loses one, TN has the tie breaker, no?

Last edited:
The Jets will be coming to town for the divisional game.

Not entirely locked up that they will be in the playoffs.

Uh, I think that you and a few others might need a refresher in what constitutes a "Call." ;)

A "Call" is valid precisely because it isn't yet "locked up."

Of course, it's not much of a Call, is it??

If the Jets simply maintain their current Seeding and then beat a probable opponent that is both utterly inexperienced ~ in the PlayOffs ~ and rolling out its 3rd String QB...then The Prophecy Is FulFilled!! :eek:

Personally, I have little fear of the Jets.

I posted, this Spring, that it might literally be years before Ryan beats Belichick again, and I see no reason to back off on that at this point. :D

I will not be able to watch ESPN for prob two months if the Pats don't beat the Jets in the playoffs. Hell, if they lose period, I will not be able to watch TV...lol

Personally, I'd probably rather face the Jets then a "streaky" Texans team if "current" bracket remains the same. This Jets team isn't that good, and if we can't beat them at home this year in a playoff, we don't deserve to be in it.

Either way, bring whoever on.

The Texans will be the #3 seed, if the Pats are the #1 seed we can't see them we will play the lowest ranked of the 4-6 seed.

I think Tennessee could screw NY up if they win both their games. if NY loses one of the next two games and Cincy loses one, TN has the tie breaker, no?

I think we're all gonna be Titan and Raiders fans these last two weeks. If Jets lose just one of their games, those are the teams that can cause them the most problems. I guess I'd prefer to see the Titans or the Bengals get the sixth spot.

Calling it now .....

Rex Ryan is fat and will be fatter after the December holidays!

yeah...i see the jets getting lucky and backing into the playoffs yet again...beating houston first game (houston isn't winning a playoff game). Then they come here....will be a must win...especially vs the jets

but i think giants win vs the jets..but other teams will lose as well...cin ect

I agree the stars look to be aligning for another Jets-Pats rematch. The Bengals and Titans suck so the jets could probably sneak in at 9-7. As far as the matchup goes I say bring it on. Regardless of what happened last year, if we can't beat the Jets we wouldn't have beaten Balt/Pitt/GB/SF/NO/etc all way tougher teams.

Has trap written all over it ... :p

I think that the Jets luck streak has run dry. Sanchez's ineptness has finally caught up to them as their D has gone from top rank to just good. Not good enough to cover for piss poor QB performance.

21st in points allowed isnt even just good.

The debacle last year had to do with coaching and the playcalling.Coaching needs to get better come the playoffs and the defense.:rolleyes:

Calling it now . . .

The Pats will play the Dolphins this Saturday at 1pm . . . just a hunch.

I will not be able to watch ESPN for prob two months if the Pats don't beat the Jets in the playoffs. Hell, if they lose period, I will not be able to watch TV...lol

Why would ANY Pats fan watch ESPN anyhow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes