PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler's interception

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about the Julio Jones touchdown against the Seahawks this playoffs. And I said Offensive pass interference. So, uhm, what exactly are you on about? lolo_O

Oh lol nm

I'm 40 and was watching the game w/ my 17yr old son and a friend of mine and I kept saying midway through the 3rd qtr.. One play at a time. We started chanting it like zombies as Brady led them down the field at the end of the 3Q and into the 4th.

Then Kerse happened. I just stood there w/ my hands on my head. Stunned. Incoherently babbling to myself.

Then the the Lynch run and we barely stopped him. Looking at the clock and wondering what the heck was going on. Then I start to say "One play at a time" .. Then all 3 of us started to say it. Then IT happened. I've never been so LOUD in my entire life. PURE JOY. I will never forget that moment in my living room for the rest of my life. My son and I will always have that memory.

So many great lessons about not giving up.

p.s. I must have watched those Seahawks fan reaction videos for a month straight by myself. I know I'm not a good person. But man I've never laughed so hard in my life.

After the Kearse catch I said something that could have sent me straight to hell. Thankfully I'm still here . . .

They're keeping the seat warm.

I was calm through most of the game. It looked to me like the patriots were moving the ball pretty easy they just had to cut down a few mistakes. Then it came down to a stop....then a freak catch.... then I was mad.

Then Butler comes in like this black swan event and changes everything. It was like the script was written, and everyone played their role but someone forgot to tell Malcolm.

I was watching it at a buddies and I just remember pacing back and forth in his hallway with my hands on my head after the kearse catch thinking are you ****ing kidding me. Then I'm just staring at the tv when they're on the one yard line and butler intercepts it, could not believe what I had just seen.

It was a snowstorm in that area, at least 3 feet of snow and I literally jumped in the snow with my t shirt on rolling around like a little kid. It felt sooooo good.

Was lucky enough to be at the game. Sitting in section 106 row 25 seat 9. Surrounded by Seahawks fans already congratulating each other and celebrating the impending win. Us Pats fans standing quietly in disbelief that "this" was happening again. Eyes checking the scoreboard," maybe they can get the ball back with time to score?" Nope. Brain struggling to find any path that would lead to a Pats victory.

Ball is snapped. Then it's just a blur. It takes a split second for what just happened to sink in. "He picked it!!! Oh my God!!!! No flags!!!! He picked it!!!!

The celebration by Pats fans in our section is deafening. Jubilation on the verge of being violent. Seahawks fans must have all spontaneously combusted because I don't remember seeing any after that. Game ends with the GOAT kneeling it out. PURE JOY!!!!
I too was fortunate to be waving a blue "we're on to Arizona" towel at the game, but up in the nosebleeds surrounded by obnoxious Seattle fans who disappeared when Butler made his interception and I lost my voice yelling "F you Roger" at the top of my lungs.....Best event ever.......and I was there for Fisk's home run back in '75

After the Kearse catch I went outside to commiserate with my brother-in-law while he had a smoke. We heard my nephew yell "pick!" and we ran in. I missed it live. :(

It was still the best night ever.

Sucks to be you (with luv and respect). It was the most awesome thing to see live. I went from verge of tears of pure anger and hatred to tears of joy and bliss in a matter of about 3 seconds. F- ing INCREDIBLE!!!

Last edited:
I went mute when he made the interception...then I fought back tears....then I was still nervous because we were close to our end zone and ish could still happen but the Seahawks let their emotions get the best of them.

For some reason I don't remember where I was watching the game.. I honestly don't remember. But it was a great game to watch, just when you thought they were going to be beaten again by another fluke or great play... Malcolm Butler saves the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe