PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burton Just talked to Branch (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Burton Just talked to Branch

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No you're wrong, and it's not that simple. Not all the people that have been "bad mouthing" Branch are going to run right out buying his jersey again if he comes back.

You're confusing a normal sunday fan with a fanatic... the fanatic quotient on a message board like this generally outweighs the casual fan, and many of the die-hard fans here are exactly the type that would never buy nor wear a Branch jersey again. That doesn't mean that IF he comes back, they won't root for him to catch that ball that Tommy just threw to him, that doesn't mean they won't wish the best for him while he's on the field in a Flying Elvis, that doesn't mean they think the team is better without him. However many of them are sincere in their feelings that since Branch has now shown that he is not (in their opinion) the "Patriots-type" player we all thought he was, they will no longer chose to single him out with their support and honor his name on their back. Book it... if he comes back or not, many here will never look at Deion Branch the same way again.

By the way, I say 'they' instead of 'we' because I'm just not a jersey guy. I got my #54 and that's all I want. Although I too will be seriously pissed at Branch, not that it matters to him, if he's not back by the first game. I root for the team, not the player, and if he's ON the team, I'll be rooting for him, whether I personally like him or not.

Exactly. If DB comes back, that'd be great, if not, it'd be okay too. The Patriots is more than just him alone. I root for the Patriots, not Deion Branch, of course there are a few players who have earned my cheers (Brady, Tedy, Rodney)

I will never look at DB the same way again.

the overnight french fry engineer at McDonalds can afford to "feed his kids"... what the hell is his problem..... ??

You could tell by his body language that as soon as the question was asked about him playing his full contract out, he was gonna start talking some b.s.

I thought it was better than nothing tho.. He seems fairly confident it will work out...

I guess he would probably say that anyways......... but if you are looking for something good out of it, you could point to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

I ain't touchin this topic with a 10 foot pole, last time I mentioned how much I hate holdouts I bascially got called a Nazi....

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
I ain't touchin this topic with a 10 foot pole, last time I mentioned how much I hate holdouts I bascially got called a Nazi....
yeah before if you mentioned you didn't like the holdout or suggested what to do you would get chewed out, but now things are different.

he's been pulliing this crap for a while tho.

I still think we should trade him... Whenever it happens. Im not giving a time, this year next year whatever. But i would prefer if we traded him.

If anyone can handle playing without Deion Branch, it's TomBrady, and we could get something good for him too... hopefully.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Oh my god... he actually used the now famous "feed my family" defense.

He could always put his rings and that MVP trophy that is at the root of all this on e-bay...

Not wishing him any ill but if he got hit by a car tonight leaving the Fleet Center where he was doing a "celebrity" promotional gig for some sort of semi pro basketball league his family would be out the $4M that he scoffed at in May. Of course that would also be the case if he were to play here without an extension in exchange for a promise he wouldn't be tagged in 2007, so blaming this on his family's need for long term financial security is what it is too - disingenuous. This is all ego. And it started when the idiot media decided to snub Tom and give this kid what should have been Tom's third straight SB MVP.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
LMAO.

I didnt know he had a wife and kids? :confused:

He's starting to crack.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:

My "Dead to me" thread ran 3 to 1 against Branch.

R

Branch "But I have a family to take care of" defense

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=154079

He thinks it'll work out, of course he doesn't say when. He's getting to sound more and more like Ty Law, except of course that Law didn't hold out...

He starts of by saying “I’ve got a great feeling that we’re both going to do what’s right,” Branch said. “We’re going to make sure everything works out.”

But ends with: “They’re going to do what’s best for the team, I’ll do what’s best for me.”

Last edited:

I'm pissed he's holding out. He signed a contract and he should honor it. But I didnt really hear anything negative in the interview. So he said "take care of my family"...big deal. Doesnt he have a family? I've never been in his shoes so I cant say what he is doing is right or wrong...but from a fan perspective...yeah...I dont like it.

Re: Branch "But I have a family to take care of" defense

“For those that have their opinion on that, I respect their opinion,†Branch said. “But I have a family to take care of for the rest of my life and that’s the most important thing in my life. I need to make sure I do what’s right by my family.

How is he helping his family by losing money in fines? Nice example he's setting for his kids.

He has virtually no leverage in this matter. Does he not see this?

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him. He's not smart enough to make a decision in this and he's listening to Chayut, who is only looking out for himself.

Taking care of his family....Is what he saying that He CAN NOT with the Patriot's offer?? He's an idiot...disingenuous....laughging and laughing and...I hope he's laughing like that in November..

I feel that as well...and very true how it started out...and how it ended..MP me in TEA< though Deion..and you are letting ytour teammates down. Burton went along as the straight man in this fiasco..and should have countered that BS line of taking care of his family with "Deion are you saying you can't take care of your family with the Patriot's offer?? Why?"....But of course..that would have made much sense.

Deion is cracking. It's only a matter of time. Giving this interview was him trying to bring the matter to public appeal to try to win the public's favor.

Two weeks and he'll be back.

This is the same guy who said back in April:
http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167092
My job is to finish my contract regardless of whether I get an extension or not,”
Obviously that was BS
And according to Reiss's Blog today the Pats haven't talked to Branch's agent in a while.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
The Patriots and Branch’s representatives haven’t had discussions on an extension for some time.
And now he's saying that he thinks something will get done. Well I certainly hope so. This has gone on long enough. But I'll believe it when I see it.
I believed what he said back in April. What a fool I was. :bricks:

Last edited:
I'm truly getting pissed at Branch. It's one thing when we can pretend it's all his agent ill-advising him, but clearly the man knows what he's doing.

I am really shocked after all that Tom Brady has done for Branch that this little WR would now leave his QB out to dry. He's under contract and should be out there for his main man. But he's putting himself first. "F" him.

The only thing I feel good about was that he thought it would get done soon...OK..soon..meaning what?? Was he saying he was going to get off his duff and get into camp?? It's almost like he's making a joke of the whole thing..that was unsettling..but maybe hidden in that was his realization that he was making a return soon. THAT is the only way it gets done..

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I hate it when they say that for one reason and one reason only. I'm not a CEO of some big corporation, I don't yet own my own business. I haven't made it with my music. I don't make big bucks. But I've been a working schmoe for 8 years now and for all 8 years I've supported my team with my own hard earned dollars wether it was buying jerseys or buying beers and lunch/dinner to watch the game at a sportsbar. I won't make a million dollars this one year no matter what else happens. I still feed my family just fine. It's an absolute JOKE that anyone couldn't feed their family on a million bucks in one year. Give me a million and i'd probably be set for life, but these jokers need to afford their LIFESTYLE! It has nothing to do with feeding a family, and anyone that has seen Ty Law or Rod Coleman's episode of MTV's Cribs knows EXACTLY what the truth is. What a sham. It's stuff like this that really starts to gnaw at my enjoyment of football as a professional sport.

I wonder if these guys realize they should just keep quiet about this stuff as half the people watching will be lucky to make $1M in their lifetime, let alone laugh at it for one season.

Whatever, I've passed the anger stage and moved to acceptance. I like our offense without him - and I love it with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe