PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Building my Patriots Big Board: RB's and FB's

I wouldn't mind taking him during the 2nd half of Day 3, but only if one RB and one WR have already been taken ahead of him.

As for Develin being a better lead blocker, that's true; but if he is willing to stick his neck out and give it
his best effort, then maybe he can become good enough that his other attributes can be used more often
in more ways. I also want to see what Iosefa can do with a full TC here.

Warming to Brandon Wilds in the 6th. I was watching a lot of Brandon Shell, and kept noticing Wilds show up in a positive way. Not a star, necessarily, but has some good traits and seems to run hard. Decent receiving stats for his career, too (over 500 yards). He's not quite as athletic as Matt Forte, but they have a similar body type (6'1 #220) and their testing numbers are within 10% of each other across the board. Obviously, Forte has been very good for a very long time, and I don't project Wilds to have his level of success, but I do think that he could be a solid contributor in both the running and passing game.

Warming to Brandon Wilds in the 6th. I was watching a lot of Brandon Shell, and kept noticing Wilds show up in a positive way. Not a star, necessarily, but has some good traits and seems to run hard. Decent receiving stats for his career, too (over 500 yards). He's not quite as athletic as Matt Forte, but they have a similar body type (6'1 #220) and their testing numbers are within 10% of each other across the board. Obviously, Forte has been very good for a very long time, and I don't project Wilds to have his level of success, but I do think that he could be a solid contributor in both the running and passing game.

I like Wilds too. Don't expect too much from him but would be worthy Blount competition in camp. I hope they choose to aim higher with their RB strategy though. I think I'm going to be pretty disappointed in one of Williams/Booker/Henry/Dixon or, at worst, Ervin/Prosise/Marshall isn't on this team by sunday.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back