PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Bug Report - Reactions/Self-Pinned Threads/Twitter Feed - Report any issues here

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just a quick note on a couple of things. As I mentioned in the welcome thread, there are still some things being worked out. Reactions (Likes/Dislikes, etc.) are disabled until later this morning because they're still importing. So those will be available soon.

Self-pinned threads (read the pinned post with the tutorial on this) is currently unavailable on lower-resolution screens/mobile. That will be corrected later this evening.

Same with the Twitter feed. That will now also be available on mobile later tonight. Unfortunately, I spent most of yesterday trying to complete the import and it put some of the tweaks/corrections on hold but I'll get all of that wrapped up later this evening.

Again, welcome back and please point out any additional bugs/issues and I'll take care of them. I appreciate it. :cool:

Also - the discussion bar that ran across the top with posts from outside the main forum is temporarily disabled but will be returning. Ran into a conflict with the new software and unfortunately, this process kept me from working on it yesterday while I continued moving everything. I'll hopefully get that fixed this evening.

One other note, the search function is also disabled, that will be returning as well.

Also, the enhanced ignore function is currently unavailable. That will be added later tonight and I won't get into the specifics, but it should make life a little easier for those who utilize it and I'll get into that further once it's running and I have some additional time to test it.

Thanks Ian...was afraid that the missing Reactions was something on my Google Chrome end...Look forward to giving lots of Thumbs Ups soon...

Thanks Ian...was afraid that the missing Reactions was something on my Google Chrome end...Look forward to giving lots of Thumbs Ups soon...
Thanks. Yes, having the reactions unavailable is irritating. My wife is working from home and texted me and said it's at 92%, so hopefully not much longer ;)

Awesome design Ian. I was so used to the old lay out that I was a bit nervous on how this would work, even though i get why revamping was necessary.

One function that i see missing and I really enjoyed it was the boldness of topic's titles when they have new messages. Now, they are all simple, no bold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian
Awesome design Ian. I was so used to the old lay out that I was a bit nervous on how this would work, even though i get why revamping was necessary.

One function that i see missing and I really enjoyed it was the boldness of topic's titles when they have with new messages. Now, they are all simple, no bold.
They should still go back and forth between bold/no bold. Although some of it depends on the age of the posts. If they've gone several days in between activity, I think it goes back to a standard font but if you look below, it should be working:

1598968960589.png

They should still go back and forth between bold/no bold. Although some of it depends on the age of the posts. If they've gone several days in between activity, I think it goes back to a standard font but if you look below, it should be working:

View attachment 28385
Got it, now everything that is new is way more obvious, great for dummies like me. Thanks for your hardwork and everything man

Got it, now everything that is new is way more obvious, great for dummies like me. Thanks for your hardwork and everything man
Let me know if it's not working...I had an issue with the font where it initially wasn't working but it should be now. I tested it on each browser to make sure but if you're still having an issue - definitely let me know :)

Reactions should now be up and running. Let me know if they're working for everyone.

One bug in the old forum was I could not zoom in to imagines without forcing a reload and causing problems in the browser. Really glad that’s fixed now.

Reactions should now be up and running. Let me know if they're working for everyone.
They are for me now, thanks...I mentioned this in the Welcome Back thread, but will the Disagree, Surprised & Useful/Interesting icons also be returning?

They are for me now, thanks...I mentioned this in the Welcome Back thread, but will the Disagree, Surprised & Useful/Interesting icons also be returning?
I'll post this here too. I'm not sure...I tried to condense them down because if you notice on mobile, the window stretches to the edge and if I add another, they would wrap and it would be tougher to use them.

Hey @Tony2046 - are the reactions a little easier on the thumbs? :haha:

Ian, I'm on a PC, and the Like icon descriptions either don't show at all, or only show a portion, or if they show it is on a random location on the page.

Ian, I'm on a PC, and the Like icon descriptions either don't show at all, or only show a portion, or if they show it is on a random location on the page.

I’m having the same thing happen. Thinking I’ll either sue Ian for this outrage or leave.

Attachments

• 0509B6D5-5151-4DD6-9D81-BB428FB61FF1.png
    0509B6D5-5151-4DD6-9D81-BB428FB61FF1.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 4
Getting a template error when i click the forum nav link
UCfYvmD.jpg

LJ7Przb.jpg

• Winner
Yeah...apparently there's a conflict with the Ignore Add on. I trusted installing it here vs my test board and crashed things...that was dumb :rolleyes:

I'll figure it out and will attempt it again once I do.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back