PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo Fans - Why no outrage by the league?

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This was just brought up on WEEI and it's a fair thing to ask. Pretty sure if that game was in Foxboro Saturday night, the NFL and the networks probably would have been outraged by a lot of what went down. Fans were chucking snowballs at players, officials, etc. Yet the Bills and their fans seem to be getting a pass for some odd reason.

I thought the same thing while watching it. Buffalo fans are portrayed as lovable losers who are so fun and crazy that they jump through tables. Patriots fans are associated with a 20 year dynasty that everyone outside of New England despised (and continues to despise). They get a pass purely based on their perception.

I want to see the Woodstock 99 level chaos if Buffalo hosts an AFC Championship.

This was just brought up on WEEI and it's a fair thing to ask. Pretty sure if that game was in Foxboro Saturday night, the NFL and the networks probably would have been outraged by a lot of what went down. Fans were chucking snowballs at players, officials, etc. Yet the Bills and their fans seem to be getting a pass for some odd reason.
They are the worst fans. I've had my car vandalized in the parking lot. On separate occasions we had a beer thrown at us and a hot chocolate. Completely unmotivated too we are not in anyone's face on the road being jerks. In fact one had nothing to do with the game just an ******* Bills fan. My seat got called for one of the stadium contests and I won something and when I stood up as the winner someone threw their beer at me.

Not to mention the bildos and absolutely dangerous and frat level drinking that grown adults are allowed to get away with.

I travel to one or two road sites a year and I see nothing like what I see in Buffalo just absolute trash and they and the general public celebrate it.

They announced a potential 15 yard penalty against the Bills if more snowballs were thrown…..great tool for opposing fans to stop or continue drives….

That Greg Hill show is a tough listen for me. You're a better man than I am.

Reactions: Ian
It’s our home field advantage :)

They are the worst fans. I've had my car vandalized in the parking lot. On separate occasions we had a beer thrown at us and a hot chocolate. Completely unmotivated too we are not in anyone's face on the road being jerks. In fact one had nothing to do with the game just an ******* Bills fan. My seat got called for one of the stadium contests and I won something and when I stood up as the winner someone threw their beer at me.

Not to mention the bildos and absolutely dangerous and frat level drinking that grown adults are allowed to get away with.

I travel to one or two road sites a year and I see nothing like what I see in Buffalo just absolute trash and they and the general public celebrate it.

I always tell opposing fans to pick a different away game than Buffalo. It’s not a welcoming environment for opposing fans. I stopped bringing friends who were opposing fans after my buddy got kicked in the back of the head because he was wearing Panthers gear.

**** the ****ing Miami ****ing LOLphins... I mean seriously who ****ing gives a ****ing rat's ass about them?

If I were there I would've been chucking snowballs at them too, and that's the fact, Jack...

I always tell opposing fans to pick a different away game than Buffalo. It’s not a welcoming environment for opposing fans. I stopped bringing friends who were opposing fans after my buddy got kicked in the back of the head because he was wearing Panthers gear.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
I don't even care that much that it happens I kept going back. There was always a schadenfreude aspect to my enjoying that trip so I got what I deserved somewhat. I mean I wasn't harassing anyone so I didn't bring it on but still whatever I can deal and even laugh.

My car certainly only got it for having Mass plates.

But I just find it annoying how much you drunk yokels are getting celebrated as a great fan base because you jump through tables for your team.

As a side story I went to a trip to Dallas almost 2 decades ago now. Still the old stadium and the way they park everyone you were set a distance from the stadium and they had pedestrian walkways and the Dallas Die Hards would park along that pathway and absolutely harass the opposing fans on the way in. I assume it might be worse for their rivals but I remember walking thinking how crazy and rowdy it seemed but in a fun way and I've always kind of used that as my barometer for how opposing fans should behave nothing wrong with getting after it but you can't be threatening, vandalizing, or throwing things.

Whenever i read something like this i instantly remember the final line from the movie Chinatown which was "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown" So Ian, in the spirit of Chinatown "forget it Ian. its the Goodell" We all know that the patriots embarrassed goodell the year he susspended brady, he had to hand BB and Brady the trophy, and we all know it goes back much further than that.

Last edited:
White trash gonna white trash

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back