PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo 13, Jets 3 -- I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few more points from the Dolphins and they'd be 0 - 8. Karma is a *****.

Although at some point you have to hope they win a game or two or they'll end up with the pick just after Miami or St. Louis and just before the Pats S.F. pick.

Anyway, nice to see that jackass get what he deserves.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...1092429.column

A week earlier, Jets coach Eric Mangini came to the postgame podium and talked rough and tough in defeat. His voice trembled with anger. He warned he was putting everyone in the organization, coaches and players, "on notice." He intimated cage-rattling changes might be made before yesterday's game against the eminently beatable Buffalo Bills. Then the game began and Mangini had nothing up his sleeve. Nothing.

The Jets are now 1-7. But contrary to what the hollow-eyed Jets players were whispering after yesterday's dreadful 13-3 loss, the Jets' fifth straight, not all of the losses are the same. This one was on Mangini.

The Jets weren't just out-played by the visiting Bills in a game that was sitting there, still screaming to be taken, with four minutes to play. The Jets were also outcoached.

Jets quarterback Chad Pennington didn't explicitly say that. Not exactly. But the longer he talked about what a "great game plan" the Bills' defense had yesterday, and the more he elaborated about how the Bills, now 3-4, have re-invented themselves as a team since the last time they played (and beat) the Jets a few weeks ago, the more damning the Jets' inability to change and adjust - not just within a game, but over the course of this season - looked.

And again, that's on Mangini.

The Jets are not just a team that is suffering from poor execution or a bad bounce here, a fluke play there.

Yesterday, the Jets were once again undone by Mangini's stubbornness and inertia.
Like the Jets' game plan for their first loss against the Bills, which Pennington admitted, "didn't quite work out for us the way we thought it would," the defensive tendencies the Jets' offense prepared all week to play off yesterday "didn't show up quite as often as they had in the past." And the Jets never adjusted.

The Jets were outcoached. Again.

Music to my eyes!

Reminds me of a joke.
One Sunday afternoon, a guy walks into a bar with his pet dog. The bartender said, "Sorry, pal. No pets allowed."

The man replied, "This is a special dog. Turn on the Jets game and you'll see."

The bartender, anxious to see what will happen, turned on the game.

The guy said, "Watch. Whenever the Jets score, my dog does flips." The Jets keep scoring field goals and the dog keeps flipping and jumping.

"Wow! That's one hell of a dog you got there. What happens when the Jets score a touchdown?" asked the bartender.

The man replied, "I don't know. I've only had him for seven years."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back