PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Playoff Discussion Thread

B's look like the better team for most of the periods, bad puck luck, or good puck luck for the Isles won them game 2, I see the B's winning in 6, 5 if the Isles used up all their puck luck.

B's are significantly better than last year's version thanks to the trade deadline moves....but.....their inability to get the puck out of their defensive zone is frightening. Washington didn't, and NYI haven't yet exploited this problematic reality........but Tampa has the talent to abuse them ......again.
But this year, Boston might just be able to outscore them.
Can't wait to find out

........and

Fu*k the Celtics......Globetrotter weaving primas

Possible lightning matchup. We know the history already lately against them.

This season has been so hollow considering how teams were entirely confined to their own new divisions. Maybe the Lightning will still completely own the Bruins, maybe the Lightning have taken a step back and no one can really tell. Who knows!
This is a much better Bruins team than last year with the addition of the trade acquisitions and Rask instead of Halak. This is also a weaker Islanders team since Anders Lee went down for the season.

Except when they continually beat the Bruins. That Islanders team is one of the most underrated dynasties of all time.

Yep, the '82-83 team came the closest, but the lack of 3-line-deep scoring balance (an on-going problem here for the last, oh I don't know, Forty Years) and the terrible play of Peters & the defense against the NYI doomed them in the ECF...Let's hope the same doesn't happen again, because they better figure out a way to score more than one lousy goal in regulation play at their house...

Carlo is day to day so he could return at some point. Ideally Carlo and Miller make it back. Something has to change with the fourth line which is a deficit at the moment. If things fall their way, I think they can compete with any team.

I'm not a hockey fan, but do watch some of the playoffs. That Merchand OT goal was just incredible. An impossible angle where no one expected a shot. Skill got it into the position where luck kicked in and had the puck catch the corner of the cage. Amazing!

Carlo is day to day so he could return at some point. Ideally Carlo and Miller make it back. Something has to change with the fourth line which is a deficit at the moment. If things fall their way, I think they can compete with any team.

Lazar & Wagner are good for what they are asked to do, though I do wish that Wagner had tried to bring the puck to the far post because he should've seen that the short-side post was covered...Bruins don't try that move nearly often enough...The problem with the 4th line, when everyone is healthy, is Kuraly - dude has terrible hands/shooting savvy around the net...The other albatross of the Forward group is Jake DeBust - dude is a ****ing moron without the puck...Unfortunately, we're stuck with both of them because there is Nobody below them worthy of taking their spots...And when I say Nobody, I mean like NOBODY.

Yep, the '82-83 team came the closest, but the lack of 3-line-deep scoring balance (an on-going problem here for the last, oh I don't know, Forty Years) and the terrible play of Peters & the defense against the NYI doomed them in the ECF...Let's hope the same doesn't happen again, because they better figure out a way to score more than one lousy goal in regulation play at their house...
In fairness though, few teams have true scoring that goes 3 lines deep.

Lazar & Wagner are good for what they are asked to do, though I do wish that Wagner had tried to bring the puck to the far post because he should've seen that the short-side post was covered...Bruins don't try that move nearly often enough...The problem with the 4th line, when everyone is healthy, is Kuraly - dude has terrible hands/shooting savvy around the net...The other albatross of the Forward group is Jake DeBust - dude is a ****ing moron without the puck...Unfortunately, we're stuck with both of them because there is Nobody below them worthy of taking their spots...And when I say Nobody, I mean like NOBODY.
I sometimes text with a friend during Bs games and DeBrusk auto corrects on my phone to Debris.... pretty apropos ....lol

Fu*k the Celtics......Globetrotter weaving primas
Gtfooh w that weakasss shiit.
What does "globetrotter weaving " even mean?
Primas? Don't think so, son. Ive never heard that label applied to this team.
Mostly a lot of hard-nosed humble players. Got some examples to prove your point? Didnt think so. Stick to what you know.

Possible lightning matchup. We know the history already lately against them.
The Lightning have been everyone’s “ daddy” over the past couple of seasons, they are a great team.

This season has been so hollow considering how teams were entirely confined to their own new divisions. Maybe the Lightning will still completely own the Bruins, maybe the Lightning have taken a step back and no one can really tell. Who knows!

I liked it, I’d like to see them keep these divisions.

Wooooooo this is going to be a blood bath of a game.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back