PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2022-23

Besides Cale Makar, who is another defenseman that is as much fun to watch as Lindholm? I don't watch many other games besides Bruins games, but if there are other defensemen like Lindholm or Makar I would love to catch a few games. When Lindholm is on the ice (which fortunately is often) I rarely watch other players. He is such a dynamic player with amazing instincts and great decision-making skills, both offensively and defensively.

Also, this year, especially in the first 20 games or so, I really love how the B's defensemen rarely pass it to each other in the defensive zone. They are getting the puck and pushing it up the ice not letting the other teams forecheck get too organized/established and just putting the pressure on them. I fcuking love it.
Let's keep rolling!

Besides Cale Makar, who is another defenseman that is as much fun to watch as Lindholm? I don't watch many other games besides Bruins games, but if there are other defensemen like Lindholm or Makar I would love to catch a few games. When Lindholm is on the ice (which fortunately is often) I rarely watch other players. He is such a dynamic player with amazing instincts and great decision-making skills, both offensively and defensively.

Also, this year, especially in the first 20 games or so, I really love how the B's defensemen rarely pass it to each other in the defensive zone. They are getting the puck and pushing it up the ice not letting the other teams forecheck get too organized/established and just putting the pressure on them. I fcuking love it.
Let's keep rolling!

Lindholm is an absolute stud. His presence in that lineup gives the B's two A+ defensemen allowing for great flexibility in the pairings. Montgomery has juggled them a bit but absent particular matchups they want to get , more and more we are seeing
Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Clifton

I really like Grizz paired with McAvoy, they intuit each other so well. Carlo can bring the thump so Lindholm doesn't have to take inordinate punishment and Forbort is so positionally solid and situationally aware that Cliffy can take some risks. I don't get to see that much of the western teams but I doubt there's a better 1-6 stable in the league. Certainly there isn't in the east

...Also, this year, especially in the first 20 games or so, I really love how the B's defensemen rarely pass it to each other in the defensive zone. They are getting the puck and pushing it up the ice not letting the other teams forecheck get too organized/established and just putting the pressure on them. I fcuking love it.
Let's keep rolling!

One of the complaints about Julien was his break-out system: while they were waiting for a forward-line change, the defencemen would play patty-cake with the puck, thereby allowing an aggressive forecheck to develop from the opponent... Don't think that Butch did a whole lot of that thankfully; and Monty has taken Butch's system and carried it into the offensive zone now, with the defencemen following-up their own shots and not settling for dump & chase all the time...

One of the complaints about Julien was his break-out system: while they were waiting for a forward-line change, the defencemen would play patty-cake with the puck, thereby allowing an aggressive forecheck to develop from the opponent... Don't think that Butch did a whole lot of that thankfully; and Monty has taken Butch's system and carried it into the offensive zone now, with the defencemen following-up their own shots and not settling for dump & chase all the time...
It's amazing to watch when it is clicking. Let's hope it keeps clicking until June. It sure helps to have the forwards buying into the defensive side of the game too.

I miss my Bruins!
I'm really needing my fix tomorrow night.
SwayMark.png

I miss my Bruins!
I'm really needing my fix tomorrow night.
View attachment 48564

75l992.jpg

A little surprised that the NHL didn't play at all over the Christmas weekend...Seems that it would be a natural draw...

Yeah, it's puzzling. I can get not wanting to go up against the NFL on Saturday & Sunday but the opportunity for Monday Matinee games seemed almost tailor made

Yeah, it's puzzling. I can get not wanting to go up against the NFL on Saturday & Sunday but the opportunity for Monday Matinee games seemed almost tailor made

It's got to be based on some kind of survey about viewership, but seems like a massive missed opportunity. Put two of the best teams out there and PR the hell out of it.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that the Bruins are 40% of the way through the regular season and on pace to have the best record OF ALL TIME? Coverage of New England sports radio would have you think that the Patriots' mediocrity and Red Sox lack of 10 year $300M contracts means we should all be miserable.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that the Bruins are 40% of the way through the regular season and on pace to have the best record OF ALL TIME?

Sure plenty of us have noticed. None of the media mind you but us puckheads? Hell Yeah, we've noticed.

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to an opponent. With 49 stops tonight Cam Talbot definitely earned one. When people talk about a goalie just being in the zone, what Talbot did tonight is what they mean. He flat out stole that game for Ottawa.

What a game but hockey OT/shootout is just a cut above the rest. The open ice action is just fantastic. End to end in seconds.

Swayman stopped some kill shots too.

Great game. Bruins and Celtics look for real. It's very early for both but they look legit.

I thought Swayman played well and made some really nice saves last night. One of the better games he has played.

What a game but hockey OT/shootout is just a cut above the rest. The open ice action is just fantastic. End to end in seconds.

Swayman stopped some kill shots too.

Great game. Bruins and Celtics look for real. It's very early for both but they look legit.
I agree about the 3 on 3 OT, but the shootout is boring as hell to me. I would rather see a Power play "shootout" type thing occur after the 3 on 3 OT. not sure how it would work, but never been a fan of the shootout.

I agree about the 3 on 3 OT, but the shootout is boring as hell to me. I would rather see a Power play "shootout" type thing occur after the 3 on 3 OT. not sure how it would work, but never been a fan of the shootout.
I love the 3 on 3! These guys are impossible to defend on open ice.

Idk I really like watching guys like Z, Pasta and others do their thing. I absolutely love the strategy behind the different shots or attack they'll use. Love the use of tempo. Again almost impossible to stop.

I love the 3 on 3! These guys are impossible to defend on open ice.

Idk I really like watching guys like Z, Pasta and others do their thing. I absolutely love the strategy behind the different shots or attack they'll use. Love the use of tempo. Again almost impossible to stop.
Never played a bunch of ice hockey (too expensive for my family to afford), but when I did play on the ponds (and in tons of street hockey games) I always was the guy in the corners scrapping for the puck to feed the talented shooters. So, I guess I have always been partial to that aspect of the game and enjoy a great corner battle that leads to a goal. When it is a penalty shot/shootout it just doesn't interest me that much. Obviously i am invested in the outcome, but I'm usually just waiting for it to be over. But respect your opinion for your appreciation of the talent that shines in those instances. Go B's!!!

NGL I am not a fan of the shootout. It's probably the goaltender in me or it could be the purist but the solo breakaway/penalty shot is such a limited in game occurrence that it seems silly to be deciding a game based on something that seldom happens during one.

Here's a team stat you won't see very often in the course of an average NHL season, not one of the B's regular skaters is on the minus side of the +/-. The only players with a negative number are taxi d-man Little Z (13 games played) and cast off Studnicka (one GP) both at -1. A staggering 12 of 18 everyday players are double digits to the good. As a rule, because of the assignments they typically draw, players on the 2nd and 4th lines are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to +/-. Having 2/3's of the everyday roster double digits to the good is flat out amazing.

Last edited:
Here's a team stat you won't see very often in the course of an average NHL season, not one of the B's regular skaters is on the minus side of the +/-. The only players with a negative number are taxi d-man Little Z (13 games played) and cast off Studnicka (one GP). A staggering 12 of 18 everyday players are double digits to the good. As a rule, because of the assignments they typically draw, players on the 2nd and 4th lines are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to +/-. Having 2/3's of the everyday roster double digits to the good is flat out amazing.
This team is playing so well. Certainly there are areas of improvement but any Bruins fan has to be thrilled with how this season is going.

Heading to the game today!

This team is playing so well. Certainly there are areas of improvement but any Bruins fan has to be thrilled with how this season is going.

Heading to the game today!
Enjoy the game.

They are definitely still playing well, but I've noticed them being a bit less fluid overall lately. passes are a bit off; shots are not on target as often and they are giving up way more prime scoring chances to the opposition. In other words, they are playing like a normal good team, instead of the otherworldly team they were earlier in the season. But the crazy thing about it is they are still winning and getting points almost every game. The goaltending has been phenomenal, and the offense is gutting it out when they need a goal. If they pick up one more goal scorer for depth (or maybe Marchand will kick it back into gear) and avoid any major injuries, they will realistically have a chance to set the all-time record for points in a season and obviously be a favorite to win the Cup.

Does anyone remember who won the 7th man award last year? I was surprised two years ago that Craig Smith didn't win it.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back