PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2022-23

Was really hoping for back-to-back shutouts for Swayman. I feel a bit greedy. But fcuk it, how often does your favorite sports team have this kind of season (so far).

Any news on Carlo?

Was really hoping for back-to-back shutouts for Swayman. I feel a bit greedy. But fcuk it, how often does your favorite sports team have this kind of season (so far).

Any news on Carlo?

Swayman looked very sharp again last night. He struggled just a bit coming back from injury but definitely seems to have recovered his timing. It's tough to compare because of the number of games played. The '03-'04 and '16-'17 Pats were close to this dominating but the number of games the B's have been doing it for is becoming almost absurd.

Nothing yet on Carlo. At least it isn't another concussion.

Swayman looked very sharp again last night. He struggled just a bit coming back from injury but definitely seems to have recovered his timing. It's tough to compare because of the number of games played. The '03-'04 and '16-'17 Pats were close to this dominating but the number of games the B's have been doing it for is becoming almost absurd.

Nothing yet on Carlo. At least it isn't another concussion.
Spoiled Boston fans, we are. (if knew how to do memes I would insert Yoda here)

Have always loved watching the B's more than any other sports team, even in their not-so-great years, but this year is oragsmic. Let's hope we get to finish.

Spoiled Boston fans, we are. (if knew how to do memes I would insert Yoda here)

Have always loved watching the B's more than any other sports team, even in their not-so-great years, but this year is oragsmic. Let's hope we get to finish.

As a sport and certainly as a live event, nothing comes close to hockey. Unfortunately it translates poorly to TV

As a sport and certainly as a live event, nothing comes close to hockey. Unfortunately it translates poorly to TV
I think if you watch enough live games (High School, College, pee wees, etc.) it translates just fine (although it sucks to be dictated to by the camera). When I watch live, I find myself watching players away from the puck more, but on TV that can be frustrating because the camera sometimes doesn't allow you that option. Although even while watching on TV I miss some great passes by other players when Bergeron is on the ice because oftentimes, I watch his every move. He will be missed when he decides to retire.

Looks like the B's dodged the bullet with Carlo only to have it hit Nosek. That's going to have an impact on the PK. Depending on how well his role gets filled we could be looking at some TOI increase for Krecji and Bergeron. Montgomery has been doing a decent job limiting their minutes so far

i agree, but like it on TV as well. I could watch any 2 teams play whether it be high school, college, pros, euro etc. I think it is far more entertaining than any other sport to include football.

No upvoting here, but if I could, I would upvote anyone that is posting about the B's.

Did I read the schedule right and see that we will actually be playing a team from Montreal this year?

i agree, but like it on TV as well. I could watch any 2 teams play whether it be high school, college, pros, euro etc. I think it is far more entertaining than any other sport to include football.

I did a poor job of fleshing out that thought, of course as fans of the game we can appreciate it on TV. What I meant by saying it doesn't translate well concerns the average sports fan. I believe if a quarter of the excitement and entertainment of any decently played hockey game and the speed the game is played at from the high school level on up could somehow be appreciated through a TV broadcast hockey would be the number one sport worldwide by a large margin.

No upvoting here, but if I could, I would upvote anyone that is posting about the B's.

Did I read the schedule right and see that we will actually be playing a team from Montreal this year?

Imagine that!
The NHL screwed the pooch with this scheduling format. Any schedule that doesn't have the B's and Habs going at it at least 6-8 times a year is unacceptable. I despise the Canadiens with the heat of a thousand suns, no other sports hatred is in the same universe. The Yankees, Lakers and Colts/Fish all rolled together don't even come close.

Imagine that!
The NHL screwed the pooch with this scheduling format. Any schedule that doesn't have the B's and Habs going at it at least 6-8 times a year is unacceptable. I despise the Canadiens with the heat of a thousand suns, no other sports hatred is in the same universe. The Yankees, Lakers and Colts/Fish all rolled together don't even come close.
You really need to learn how to express your feelings. Seems like you might be holding back a bit. ;)

"heat of a thousand suns"....Fcuking love it.

You really need to learn how to express your feelings. Seems like you might be holding back a bit. ;)

"heat of a thousand suns"....Fcuking love it.

You and I both know every Canadiens player clubs baby seals for sport and their favorite team meal is puppy hearts en casserole.
In order to be a Habs fan one must first have a soul-ectomy followed by an add-a-****-to-me.
All apologies to Obi-Wan but there is indeed a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than Mos Eisly space port, the Belle Center.

Last edited:
78ndly.jpg

The Habs brought it. They played well over their heads and Montreal goaltender Montembeault stood on his. It wasn't enough. Boston simply rolled with their formula, stayed within their game and took the W in the 3rd like they have so many times this season. This Bruins team is impressively consistent and consistently impressive. Number one right wing and primary PK center both out with injuries and it's barely noticeable.

We may well be watching something generational

great win against those filthy Canadiens. Montembeault was outstanding and they played really good D. In the end, we stuck to the game plan and did not panic. Too much talent on this team even with injuries and not getting much from Hall so far this year. He is streaky so anything can happen.

great win against a crap franchise

A meh third in Tampa the other night carried over to disjointed play against FL tonight. And now having lost 2 in a row the B's head to Carolina for yet another back to back road game. The absence of Nosek really showed tonight and obviously there'll be no practice tomorrow to iron things out. A bit of pre All-star break adversity to prevent complacency from setting in might not be the worst thing that could happen.

DeBrusk certainly came back with a vengeance last night.

Really like this trade going into the Play-offs. Hathaway is a tough SOB, with skills. Orlov Play-off proven. 12 goals last year with a +25. Tough too.
This is a serious team with this Trade, 4 strong lines, and 3 pairs of good D-Men.
McAvoy -Orloff
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbert - Clifton
Now that's a D you can go to war with.
With help if needed if injury.

Last edited:
Ok .. I am not a big hockey fan. At all. But, I occasionally take a look at the standings.

Are the B's really this good? 13 pt lead, best record in the NHL, single digit losses. Damn!

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back