PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2022-23

Meanwhile over here in the land of Boston Puckheads, it's a beautiful day!

I'm glad that Pasta scored #60 vs a Goalie instead of an empty net like I was afraid might happen.

(Please tell me that, if there's a tie for the league lead in goals scored, the First tie-breaker are Empty-Net goals.)

Didn't really care about the wins record because of what happened to the two teams the Bs passed to achieve it.

Might as well get the points record now, because at least Montreal actually accomplished something meaningful that year, as opposed to the 1996 Red Wings & 2019 Lightning.

(Please tell me that, if there's a tie for the league lead in goals scored, the First tie-breaker are Empty-Net goals.)

No tie breaker, if there's a tie both win. That's what happened when Ovie & Pasta tied in 2019-20, co-winners

Last edited:
More history for hockey's best The Boston Bruins are now the all time leaders in points and wins. Now it's one more against the hateful baby seal clubbing despicable Habs and they're on to the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Playoffs?? We're talking about playoffs??! You're damn right we are.
While the regular season doesn't predict the playoffs, the amazing depth on this team has this fan feeling pretty good about their chances. No Krecji? The 2nd line has still led the team in scoring during his absence. No Foligno or Forbort? This team has killed 38 straight penalties. For the last several years the Bruins have gone as far as their top line, #1 goaltender and top D pairing's health could take them. This year's incarnation of the killer B's brings scoring depth on all 4 lines. There's an all-star on each of the 3 defense pairings. The two goalies aren't just quality starters and collectively the best pair in the game, they are individually both top five in goals allowed and save percentage, with Ullmark #1 in each category.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are a long grinding battle of attrition but as they prepare to run that marathon, there's not a team out there I'd take over them. That's not unabashed homerism, looking over the field I just don't see a team that can beat Boston 4 times in 7 games. The Islanders are looming as the most likely 1st round opponent. While they play a heavy game and it's going to be a physical challenge to escape a series against them without injury, they just don't have the scoring depth to outlast the Bruins. The second round opponent will be either Toronto or Tampa. They are both very good teams but not deep enough on the blue line to take a 7 game series from Boston. It's not easy to predict who the Eastern Conference finals opponent will be. Carolina should get out of the 1st round without any great difficulty but then they have to face the winner of the Devils/Rangers series. Whatever team does come out of the Metropolitan Division, their bruises will have bruises.

Last edited:
and Montreal.

Oh look, the trolling welsher chiming in and showing he's as ignorant about hockey as he is about most everything else. Here's your cookie troll, consider your sad existence acknowledged. Maybe try something new, pretend you're a man and try to enjoy the playoff run. I know manliness is foreign to welshers, so this could be an opportunity to learn something.

The Bruins will be sending as much of their Providence team to Montreal for that meaningless game as the NHL rules allow. Outside of avoiding injury, this is one game against the sorry ass Habs that really doesn't matter in the least.

But do feel free to continue to display your ignorance for our amusement. Just know the regulars in this forum will be laughing at your ignorance and childish attempts to trigger them. Said it before and I'll say it again welsher, when it comes to B's fans you couldn't trigger a ****ed gun with Alec Baldwin's help.

Oh look, the trolling welsher chiming in and showing he's as ignorant about hockey as he is about most everything else. Here's your cookie troll, consider your sad existence acknowledged. Maybe try something new, pretend you're a man and try to enjoy the playoff run. I know manliness is foreign to welshers, so this could be an opportunity to learn something.

The Bruins will be sending as much of their Providence team to Montreal for that meaningless game as the NHL rules allow. Outside of avoiding injury, this is one game against the sorry ass Habs that really doesn't matter in the least.

But do feel free to continue to display your ignorance for our amusement. Just know the regulars in this forum will be laughing at your ignorance and childish attempts to trigger them. Said it before and I'll say it again welsher, when it comes to B's fans you couldn't trigger a ****ed gun with Alec Baldwin's help.
GFY cheating POS

GFY cheating POS

Oh my. You appear a bit tense there welsher. Perhaps even, dare I say, triggered. :eek:
Let me break down your response to see if I can help

Anatomically impossible. But if it was, then like most men I'd probably disappear from the view of the outside world only to be found at some later date, dead from malnutrition.

Not having cheated at anything I confess to some confusion on this one. Could it be projection on your part? You did after all cheat on paying your wager with @dreighver

I'm not sure you can appreciate the irony of a trolling welsher calling anyone else a POS but I can assure you I'm not an inanimate piece of anything. I'm actually a fully functional human being who pays off on lost bets. You should try it, maybe you'd feel better about yourself.

and Montreal.
Sure. If that floats your boat. We can enjoy watching how are AHL players do against a bottom feeder team on Thursday. I wonder if Montreal will even bother with all their pre-game theatrics? What a sad franchise they have become, the only way they found any sense of meaningful existence was when the pandemic forced all Canadian teams to only play each other in the playoffs (or was it the whole season too). Anyway, it will be nice to have Hall get one more tune up came before the playoffs and try to add to our points and wins records.

Honest question, Are you a Bruins fan? If so, what do you enjoy most about this year's team?

Advice (unsolicited): Sounds like you should pay off your lost bet. Payment plans are probably possible. just thinking outside the box.

@maust
Any news on Ullmark yet?

From what I gathered post game it's much ado about nothing. If the game mattered he'd probably have continued, unconfirmed report was they decided to ice the bruise but that may have been speculation

Don't know if this deserves it's own thread (though I'm starting one on the main board anyways), but:

Happy 75TH!! birthday, Bobby Orr!
Wow! Is he really that old? I remember talking about him being a 14 year old who was coming up to the Bruins. :)

Back in the early days (around 1970) we used to take a yearly trip up to Montreal for some hockey and stay at the same hotel as the Bruins. You couldn't meet a better bunch of guys. They'd hang out in the lobby for what seemed like hours and shoot the breeze with us. Even among that special group Orr was another level of special. I feel blessed to have seen how great he was both on and off the ice.

1977 Canadians - 80gp 132points = 1.65ppg
2023 Bruins - 76gp 123points = 1.618ppg
1996 Red Wings 82gp 131points = 1.597

B's will need to win their remaining games to eclipse Shutt, Lafleur and Bowman.
Boy is it fun to read stuff like this now.

One of these times he is going to commit a stupid penalty and the B's are not going be so lucky. There was no reason to draw blood.

The Devils goalie was like Fort Knox after the first 5 minutes.
I remember having those exact same discussions about Johnny MacKenzie back in the day. Sometimes when the Bruins would get an advantage he'd make it even with a dumbass penalty. Everyone loved him though. Still do.

One time Pie annoyed Orland Kurtenbach of the Rangers when he kept sticking his gloves in front of OK's face as he was in the corner facing out and looking for someone to pass to in front. OK kept swing his head back and forth while Pie followed with his gloves and OK ended up taking a dumb penalty of his own when he got frustrated by it. It was hilarious seeing the smaller JM block his vision that way.

I remember having those exact same discussions about Johnny MacKenzie back in the day. Sometimes when the Bruins would get an advantage he'd make it even with a dumbass penalty. Everyone loved him though. Still do.

One time Pie annoyed Orland Kurtenbach of the Rangers when he kept sticking his gloves in front of OK's face as he was in the corner facing out and looking for someone to pass to in front. OK kept swing his head back and forth while Pie followed with his gloves and OK ended up taking a dumb penalty of his own when he got frustrated by it. It was hilarious seeing the smaller JM block his vision that way.

Pie was a character, no doubt about it. I can never think about him without remembering the "choke dance" he did for the Rangers and their fans after the B's won The Cup in their barn. Obviously he held a grudge with the organization for giving up on him and trading him to Boston. Which is crazy when you consider how much success he had here. People remember the antics but he scored 20-30 just about every year he was here and won a couple of Cups.

Thanks @1960Pats for awakening some great memories

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back