PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2016-1017 Thread

As a displaced Boston sports fan, I had been looking forward to watching the Ruins on television 3 times this week: at WAS, home vs Colorado, and home vs TOR.

Then the games came.

Out of a possible 6 points, they managed to acquire…1, including ZERO vs the Avs & Laffs, two of the worst teams in the league.

I wonder what the FO's excuse will be when they trade Pasternak for a couple of checking forwards & a midget defenseman.

I hate the Montreal Canadiens. So glad that the Bs didn't give them the extra point last night.

Anton Khoudobin completely sucks.

another OT loss. pitiful

With Khoudobin in net again too.

I really hope that SweeNeely gets rid of this bum by no later than the trade deadline.
Might as well let McIntyre get those starts. He certainly can't be any worse.

i loved McIntyre in college and think he will be a real nice pro goalie. If we are going to lose, might as well get him some pro time.

Looks like the Bs are on their way to irrelevance come February....

Yep; you know you're a bad team when you score 3 goals but allow 4…score 2 but allow 3…

I really, really hope that they don't make desperation trades, again, with high-round draft picks for old, useless crap like Stempniak & Liles.

I'm a "Claude Guy", when he has talent he's proven he can take teams far in playoffs. But the combination of Neely/Sweeney has completely ****ed this team for the next few years.
They probably won't be a top team again for 5 or 6 years when McAvoy and the other recent draft picks make the big club... Sucks too cuz hockey is the best sport other than football...so depressing to see the garden like a morgue...

McAvoy is the only drafted prospect - the ONLY one - who has even a remote chance of ever becoming an NHL regular.

The Chiarelli/Neely/Sweeney drafts have been nothing less than a decade of complete, inexcusable incompetence.

this team is done. pathetic collapse against Detroit and then another loss to Chicago. The front office has destroyed this team...but they will probably fie Claude. painful to watch

That goal was Riley Nash's fault. I DVRed the game (it was on NHLN)
and Nash completely forgot to look for Big Pappa Pump busting toward the slot. And as the Center on the line (Backes & Spooner were on the wings), that was his responsibility. One of the many reasons that he sucks, and never, ever should've been signed in the first place.

Get off your hands & knees, Charlie, and blow this team the feck up.

Chances are, unfortunately, that instead of blowing-up the team, Charlie will approve of SweeNeely's throwing-away of even more high-round draft picks for even more useless garbage.

That goal was Riley Nash's fault. I DVRed the game (it was on NHLN)
and Nash completely forgot to look for Big Pappa Pump busting toward the slot. And as the Center on the line (Backes & Spooner were on the wings), that was his responsibility. One of the many reasons that he sucks, and never, ever should've been signed in the first place.

Get off your hands & knees, Charlie, and blow this team the feck up.

Chances are, unfortunately, that instead of blowing-up the team, Charlie will approve of SweeNeely's throwing-away of even more high-round draft picks for even more useless garbage.

This team has a good core, some quality youth, and crap in between. Pretty much its entire "middle" needs to be replaced, either by having roles reduced (i.e. Backes to line 3) or by complete elimination (i.e. Nash out the door), depending on the player.

I've read where the forwards have been shuffled already. Vatrano was playing first line, and Backes was shifted to 3rd line center, among other moves. I'll be watching playing time of the younger guys very carefully. I think that'll tell us a lot about Cassidy's likely situation moving forward.

It's looking forward a bit but, given the current situation, I'll go there.

I see next year's defense looking 5 deep, right now, unless they find a taker for Chara:

Chara
MacAvoy
Carlo
Krug
C. Miller

Beyond that, it looks like it would be a question of keeping one to two of the quartet (McQuaid, K. Miller, Morrow, Liles), or going outside the organization.

Who were the Patriots at the Bruins game?

Slater, Solder, Patricia, White, Andrews, Steven Belichick, Vollmer were among 14 Pats members at the Garden, according to NESN, CSNNE, Boston Herald and CBS Boston.

It's been a nice 3 games in the post-Julien era, but Colin needs more minutes. I can see the difficulty with the pairings (Chara/Carlo is the defensive-minded pairing for playing the other teams' best lines, Krug is the mover on the second line, and you don't want to have Krug/C. Miller out together very often), but they've got to find a way to give the kid more time. He and Krug are clearly the team's two best puck moving defensemen, and the team needs that.

Slater, Solder, Patricia, White, Andrews, Steven Belichick, Vollmer were among 14 Pats members at the Garden, according to NESN, CSNNE, Boston Herald and CBS Boston.
I saw what appeared to be Matt Patricica there too

It's been a nice 3 games in the post-Julien era, but Colin needs more minutes. I can see the difficulty with the pairings (Chara/Carlo is the defensive-minded pairing for playing the other teams' best lines, Krug is the mover on the second line, and you don't want to have Krug/C. Miller out together very often), but they've got to find a way to give the kid more time. He and Krug are clearly the team's two best puck moving defensemen, and the team needs that.
Colin Miller should really be paired with Chara, but unfortunately there isn't a Seidenberg-in-his-prime Defenceman to pair with Carlo, unless one counts Liles, which I most certainly do not.
If this organization had any forward thinking at all, it would bite the bullet and pair Morrow with Colin Miller in the meantime, and use Game-Killer Kevin Miller as the 7th Dman and Liles as the 8th.

I really, Really, REALLY hope that SweeNeely doesn't throw away even more precious high-round draft capital for old, tired, useless crap like they did at the last trade deadline in a vain effort to address the need for a legit #3 LH Dman, a scoring RW and a legit #2 Goaltender, because those players will not be available at the deadline (which should be moved up the calendar by at least 2 weeks, IMO).

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back