PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2016-1017 Thread

Rhodey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Well, the B's are off to a fantastic start already...

Koko wants to leave the organisation:
Alex Khokhlachev Planning To Leave Bruins, Return To Russia This Offseason

And Krug & Krejci will be out for a while after surgeries:
Bruins' David Krejci, Torey Krug out months after surgeries

That this team needs to get off to a quick start...finds itself behind already in the projected lineup. Losing another key player (or two) would be devastating. Just sayin'...

Bs won't be making the playoffs again this year...way too many holes and i doubt they all get filled in 1 year..expect another year or 2 of missed playoffs before anything gets better around here.

Everyone saw the Koko thing happening given what he was saying last year

Bs won't be making the playoffs again this year...way too many holes and i doubt they all get filled in 1 year..expect another year or 2 of missed playoffs before anything gets better around here.

i agree 100 percent and its extremely depressing. it just isn't spring without the bruins and celtics making a run.

i agree 100 percent and its extremely depressing. it just isn't spring without the bruins and celtics making a run.
Sadly as of late...we are use to it. And baseball does nothing for me so from now until..Aug or late July when TC starts..i have nothing.

I watch every stanley cup playoff game and once that ends..i am really ******

You might be right. :oops:

The players who won't be starting the season with them- due to injuries -will surely put more pressure on a group that...hasn't been too good for the past 2 years. Personally, I love Krejci, when he is one. But he's not an 80-game guy.

Whether one likes Koko or not might not be the main issue here. Once again, we have the B's inability to pick and develop on display. And most of the good ones all leave... :mad:

I feel bad for Bergy and DK..just wasting their good years

the bruins lock kevin miller in for four years. to that i say wtf wtf wtf. this team is lost. don sweeney is over his head.

Last edited:
the bruins lock kevin miller in for four years. to that i say wtf wtf wtf. this team is lost. don sweeney is over his head.

To think that him...a 5-6 AT BEST Dman gets that and to stay around..someone who is also always hurt..is hilarious. This team is going nowhere but backwards...don't expect playoffs again next year.

Claude will get the shaft after next year of missing again...but you could give the best coach in the NHL that roster...same story...

To think that him...a 5-6 AT BEST Dman gets that and to stay around..someone who is also always hurt..is hilarious. This team is going nowhere but backwards...don't expect playoffs again next year.

Claude will get the shaft after next year of missing again...but you could give the best coach in the NHL that roster...same story...
it really really suks. they are the worst team in boston now. if you told me that just 2 years ago i would have laughed. now im crying.

They're clearly trolling their fan base. They just paid $10m for a player who's arguably not even an NHL level player.

How is Claude getting shafted? Miller's one of his guys.

Hell, that's the problem.

$10M for Game-Killer Kevan Miller? What a complete, utter waste of money. They might as well have climbed to the roof-top of the Garden and thrown all of that money down to the streets below them.

This franchise has now officially become a feckin Joke.

Went from playoffs every year...to this. Front office and their decisions are remarkable
That's not much of a statement after two years. But maybe trading away their offense wasn't a good ides

Taylor Hall traded. Boston not involved
P.K. Subban traded. Boston not involved.
Stamkos decides to re-sign with Tampa Bay.

But at least the Bruins were able to draft a WTF? player in the first round, right?

there was no way the bruins were getting subban. no matter what they offered. the Canadians are dumb but not dumb enough to trade him in the same division and to the bruins.

Bruins re-sign Liles to a 1 year deal

Bruins aquire C David Backes ... 5yrs/6 million AV
David Backes
2015-16 team:
St. Louis
Position: Center
Height/Weight: 6-3/221
Shoots: Right
2015-16 stats: (regular season) 79 games ... 21 goals ... 24 assists ... 45 points ... plus-4 rating ... 83 penalty minutes ... averaged 19:13 in ice time;
(playoffs) 20 games, 7 goals, 7 assists, 14 points, plus-1 rating, 8 penalty minutes.

Backes is expected to play on the wing with Krejci to replace Erickson.
Erickson more productive goal scorer but not tough ... Backes is tough as the Bruins seek more toughness.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back