PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns trade Shelton to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dorsey! While you’re in the giving spirit, why don’t you go ahead and bestow Myles Garrett upon us too?

Let’s say....for a 2020 6th rounder?? I mean, you didn’t draft him...right??

Whudaya say?? ;)

Last edited:
Man, if he is our 3rd best DT in 2019, we are going to have the same problems we had in 2018.

Honestly, the value of this trade is good for sure, the player is simply bad...

EDIT - It was a 3rd round pick in 2019. Now i don't like this trade anymore

EDIT 2 - We got a 4th back, so im ok again

Last edited:
I wanted the Pats to draft him a couple years ago. He's been practically invisible to me ever since the Browns drafted him, so I have no idea how well he's played. I was actually trying to remember his name yesterday.

Damn, a little steeper than I thought. But the 5th we’re getting this year will almost essentially be a 4th rounder, so I’m okay with it.

Think of it this way, If solder leaves we’d be getting a comp pick pretty close to the (hopefully) late 3rd we lost

pats give up 2019 3rd rounder. I don't think we necessarily "fleeced" them...

If he ends up anchoring the run defense like he should, and with the general notion that next year's picks have less value than this year's, this could very well end up a fleecing. It's very hard to find guys like him and nigh impossible with picks in the 90s.

I wanted the Pats to draft him a couple years ago. He's been practically invisible to me ever since the Browns drafted him, so I have no idea how well he's played. I was actually trying to remember his name yesterday.
The Browns have been invisible for 10 years. Hard to evaluate their players
when they are stuck in a dumpster fire like they were.

Admittedly, I know practically nothing about the guy, though I do vaguely remember watching him get drafted. For a team trying to get younger on defense, and in win-now mode - I can't complain about the price tag on a run-stuffer. I will trust they know what they're doing, and, when the IR team comes back, perhaps things aren't so bad overall. I can only hope that Jordan Richards transitions to coach, or, to ruin another team's title dreams.

Man, if he is our 3rd best DT in 2019, we are going to have the same problems we had in 2018.

???????

Can you at least explain what part of his game you dont like ?

Shelton's college draft scouting report closest comparison was.... Vince Wilfork. :)

Not quite Vince, but a good player. Good against the run and he needs to be blocked and often doubled because he has good hands and is really strong/agile. That makes running inside traps a problem. The Pats have just become a pain to run against. So what’s the catch?

Now, send that 2018 5th round pick to PHI for CB Darby or NO for FS/SS Vaccaro.

If you're basing him being bad on his stats, let me offer you a preemptive LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes