PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns' Barkevious Mingo traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge fan of this trade because the Pats had to give up a fifth for him especially since they don't have a fourth next year either.
Don't they have Seattle's 4th???

Looked at a couple of college highlights of his and he looked very fast. Then searched for his combine numbers:

Height: 6042
Weight: 241
40-Yrd: 4.58
20-Yrd: 2.68
10-Yrd: 1.60
Vert: 37
Broad Jump: 10'08''
20-Yrd Shuttle: 4.39
3-Cone: 6.84

That's pretty elite. If we compare that to Jamie Collins' combine:

Height: 6034
Weight: 250
40-Yrd: 4.64
20-Yrd: 2.72
10-Yrd: 1.64
Vert: 41 1/2 (insane)
Broad Jump: 11'07''
20-Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone: 7.10

Part of me wonders with this move do they plan on playing Nink more at ILB than DE/OLB.

They were lining him up there in the spring and he did a little of it in TC before getting hurt.

Looked at a couple of college highlights of his and he looked very fast. Then searched for his combine numbers:

Yep. No one will ever accuse Mingo of being another Marty Moore with concrete in his sneakers.

belichick strikes again!!!

hey mingo, play well and you'll get a nice deal somewhere else!:cool:

Vic Beasley is another very close comparison although he too had an edge with the jumps. The 1.60 10 yard split and the 3-cone are top drawer.

Some reporter or poster here suggested this trade before preseason.

I really like this trade as I liked Mingo coming out of college. He certainly has the potential to be disruptive on the defense. We'll see what happens, but BB and Matt Patricia seem to be able to put guys in the position to succeed and Mingo has to be happy to be be getting out of Cleveland and coming here.

A #5 for a shot is fine, the part of that I don't like is Mingo is only signed for this year. If he had 2-3 years left it would be different, one year makes it a little pricey.

Mingo will probably get snaps in the Mark Anderson role. Same body type and explosive athleticism. Remember when Anderson revived his career here, the Bills overpaid for him, and then he was out of the league the next year? Good times.

I just choked and spit my drink all over my keyboard/monitor here at the office when i read this news. o_O

Comment from some Browns fan on Mingo:
Yr. 1————Adjusts to NFL, improves, shows great promise at end of season then Ray Horton, Chud, Norv are fired after one year with no running back.
Yr. 2———-"Disappoints" moralizing coaching staff because he tackles poorly with one arm taped to his side due to shoulder injury that should have IR’ed him.
Yr. 3———-"Disappointed" coaching staff punishes him by only allowing him to cover passes and never rush passer which is what he was drafted for.
Yr. 4———-Front office realizes that this honest, loyal, brave and talented kid has been so badly treated here he will undoubtedly leave in 2017 so they trade him.

Mingo will probably get snaps in the Mark Anderson role. Same body type and explosive athleticism. Remember when Anderson revived his career here, the Bills overpaid for him, and then he was out of the league the next year? Good times.

Could very well be the case. How many former Patriots have been better after they moved on? I'm sure there are some, but my sense is that there are far more who weren't.

Some reporter or poster here suggested this trade before preseason.

Myself and a few posters were advocating for the trade last year during the season when it was rumored the Browns were willing to trade him

NFL Week 8 Games

Should be noted that the Pats worked out O'Brien Schofield a week or two ago so the interest in picking up a DE/OLB has been there for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes