PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos week is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots whining again, but America will be pulling for Denver Sunday

This article is basically how every other team and their fans view New England and their fans.

Take the hate as a compliment because that's what it is.

Despite not having won a SB since 2004, the N.E. Patriots are still considered the gold standard in the NFL. They are viewed as the best and therefore the team everybody wants to beat.
That's why mediot vitriol flows at them unlike any other team in the league. (also adding to the vitriol is that the fact that the head coach has no use for mediots)

There is also a major national fatigue of this regional fan base being in a constant state of celebration over the past 11 years. :D

Embrace the hate!!!

It's a compliment.......and it's fun!

Weather for Sundays game

I Think this is relavent considering how Manning usually doesnt play well in cold weather

But according to the weather channel we are looking at a high of 32 and a low of 17 with possible snow flurries...Peyton's kryptonite

Re: Weather for Sundays game

The key to beating Manning and the Broncos will not be the weather. The key will be a NE Patriot return to the formula that worked in the early 2000's. Ball control and clock control on offense.
Cold weather with bitter wind chills sounds like running/dink and dunk weather to me and that's what McDaniels needs to understand.

We can certainly hope the cold hurts Manning's performance; we're relatively sure it won't hurt Brady's.

Couple of things might neutralize the impact on Manning & Co. though: It's a pretty cold week in Denver, so they have plenty of opportunity to adjust; and at this point, we're only talking about cold - no wind or snow/rain.

But hey - -we'll take what we can get.

The key to beating Manning and the Broncos will not be the weather. The key will be a NE Patriot return to the formula that worked in the early 2000's. Ball control and clock control on offense.
Cold weather with bitter wind chills sounds like running/dink and dunk weather to me and that's what McDaniels needs to understand.

Ball control only works if you score. Give them a steady does of Ridley/Vereen on the ground and Gronk through the air. I see nobody on that squad capable of covering Gronk. Kuechly is probably the most capable LB in the league of doing it and even he had to hold on for dear life (pun intended).

This article is basically how every other team and their fans view New England and their fans.
You are correct and undoubtedly know from personal experience. In addition, if one were to follow your premise to its logical conclusion, then "every other team and their (sic) fans" are basing that opinion on the faulty and inaccurate accusations of the author. If one were looking for consistency with both the article's accuracy and artistic presentation, one would have expected it to have been written with finger paints.

I imagine that America will be pulling for this game to be over and out of their lives, as they are probably sick and tired of hearing the same Brady vs. Peyton argument that gets re-hashed over and over and over and over in the national media. I have to believe that is how a lot of people feel, because it is how I feel (not about the game being out of my life and over, just the discussion between these two great QBs)

I know that isn't the discussion here on this site (which is why I come here to read), but it seems everywhere else I go I have to hear the same arguments we've heard for years.

No one's saying it's the "key" to the game, just that it will be a factor. Especially since it will be windy with wind chills in the teens.

Brady will still be able to make all his normal throws for the most part. He's played in wind before.
The game has changed considerably since the early 2000's. It's a passing league now.

at this point, we're only talking about cold - no wind or snow/rain.

But hey - -we'll take what we can get.

NOAA still gives me "blustery" :) Are any of the weather-model nerds around?

Inherently wrong in this case. Maybe in other games, but even fans across social media that pull for other teams have been commenting en masse that the flag shouldn't have been picked up. And why are you here again?

Anyway, it's obvious that most people are rooting for Denver. New England is far more injury ravaged than the Denver Mannings, but ESPN today had a preview of the game. The topics went like this (IIRC)...

1. Welker condition
2. NE/Den
3. Broncos hurting

No comment whatsoever on the amount of injuries the Patriots have, which by far overshadows those that Denver has right now.

Windy and wind chill in the teens...wind plays into the pats.

Gusts up to 30-35 with steady around 19.

This was a horrible article....yet it deserved it's own thread here? :bricks:

Dear Denver Post,

f*** you.

And you don't know JACK about what "the rest of America" is rooting for. You don't know JACK about Spygate and you don't know JACK about what "cheating" is. Also, you want to talk whining? Your beloved quarterback wrote the book on whining!

All that thin air is clearly eating away at your brain cells, so please take a long diving board up to the the top of Mt. Elbert and then take a mile high leap for mankind. Thank you.

Also, f*** you again. Just in case you didn't hear it the first time.

The only teams fans rooting for the pats will be the chargers, raiders and KC..other then that..everyone wants the pats to lose. Who cares?

This was a horrible article....yet it deserved it's own thread here? :bricks:

Of course it did. The OP helped the guy accomplish what he was setting out to do. The very fans that he was bad mouthing clicked the link and gave his page clicks and ad revenue.

Making Manning throw 50 times and giving our backs the ball 50 times is the best way to win, always has been and always will be.

18 degrees not factoring windchill.... just the way Manning likes it.... ;)

I better find something warm to wear. :eek:

Sunday night weather is currently projecting a low of 16 degrees with 14MPH winds gusting to 22MPH and best of all the possibility of a snow shower!!!!!!

Cut that meat!

Sunday night weather is currently projecting a low of 16 degrees with 14MPH winds gusting to 22MPH and best of all the possibility of a snow shower!!!!!!

Cut that meat!

I dont know, it might effect our offense as well. Dont think weather is going have a huge factor in this game.

Journalist hacks no longer have an effect on me. It use to piss me off, but now all I see is jealousy. And I'll take jealousy over pity.

That is exactly how I view it. Journalists usually have personal agendas rather than just reporting facts.

I dont know, it might effect our offense as well. Dont think weather is going have a huge factor in this game.
Aside from 1 QB being able to play well in cold and wind and the other not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST