PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Pats moved to MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, the NFL has 3 options:

A: put all teams in a bubble and finish the season.

B: Suspend season until vaccine comes out.

C: Cancel the rest of the season and have a draft lottery to determine the draft order for April.

At this point, the NFL has 3 options:

A: put all teams in a bubble and finish the season.

B: Suspend season until vaccine comes out.

C: Cancel the rest of the season and have a draft lottery to determine the draft order for April.

1- the NFL isn't going to bubble teams for 4+ months.

2- suspending the season isn't happening either. Especially since no one has an idea when a vaccine will be ready. Oh. And just remember that the flu kills 35-85k people in the US every year despite having a vaccine

3- too much money on the line for them to Cancel.

Am I the only one with Columbus Day off?

No. I only work 4 days for 6 hours every other year, and never on Columbus Day. Due to the coronavirus I missed this year and won't work again for two more years.

Since DMac missed yesterday's practice and the positive player was tested yesterday he is the only one who can't be the new case.
He could have been symptomatic before practice, stayed away, got tested remotely...
Good, we get back Cam and Gilmore...and it keeps the virus from spreading further amongst the team.
Yet today's positive resets the incubation timer for the whole team.
If the league had put as much effort into COVID preparedness as they had "Social Justice," maybe we wouldn't have this absolute cluster****.
Follow the money. NFL had to act on social justice, advertisers and players were angry. On COVID, wait to the absolute last second before cancelling any games. They got KC-NE in last week, to them that's a win, even if it helped push this weeks game out. Their plan is along the lines of make as much money as soon as you can because there's a strong chance the whole thing will get shut down before too long.

The shyte is being stirred:

No idea how they finish this year with any kind of credibility. The league was about to have the Pats play a game w/o practicing after already playing the same day they traveled and w/o their starting QB. What if that had been the AFCCG? Are these decisions being made on clearly defined protocols that all teams are aware of or all they being made on the fly? We all know how important integrity of the league is.

I know integrity is important to the NYFL. Goody has the word stenciled on the glass wall of his office. He also mentions the word all the time.

Broncos players unhappy about practicing all week in what ends up being their bye week:

The broncos were whining about the game getting moved just one day to Monday. If anything, it HELPS them since Drew Lock will play instead of Brett Rypien.

First time I've heard players with full blown symptoms are testing negative...

Actual source:

Is the game now next sunday 11 am ?
Perfect time for me if this is the case
Would be 5 pm here

From the CDC

For 6% of the deaths involving coronavirus disease, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.
Using the above percentages and applying them to an NFL discussion.....
Weekly US death rates attributed to covid for 25-34 year olds over the past month:
Approximated 15-20 per week
Using the CDC’s 6% of deaths exclusive to covid published statistic and applying it to the 20 “Covid” deaths of 25-34 years per week, we get 1 death exclusive to covid per week in this age group.

I won’t even try to make the argument that NFL players are healthier than typical 25-34 year olds (but they are), but I will argue that the alarmism over the health and well being of an age group virtually immune to serious affects from covid is nonsensical and I can easily understand the NFL’s resolve in moving forward with their season. It is not life or death for these athletes, but more of an obstacle.... and minimizing spread is the appropriate goal.

I can’t wait till the league takes a high draft pick from us from them forcing the team to fly to KC and spreading the infection. Bobby of course will be ok with it for the good of the 32 just like last time.

Last edited:
Broncos get 3 games postponed due to the Pats covid tests...

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back