PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos 1 out of 5 playoff teams expected to miss in 2015

When is the last time Peyton missed a chance to go one-and-done? I don't see it happening. Every year we hear about reasons to bet against Brady or Manning because of age. I'll only believe it when it happens.

Broncos has nine all-pro player last season. There is potential for the wheels to fall off, though, I'll acknowledge that. Broncos shot themselves in the foot last offseason bringing too many cooks to the kitchen; inevitably, all of their drafted cooks want to get paid like their mercenary cooks. Bad recipe, Mr. Elway.

When choosing a team 'most likely to not return to the playoffs' one needs to look not only at the team that just made the playoffs, but also what team(s) would likely replace them.

The author does this with his first three candidates (Bengals, Panthers, Cowboys) but neglects to do the same with Denver. While I agree that the Broncos are likely to descend in performance in 2015, my question is what team in that division will surpass them?

San Diego added guard Orlando Franklin to improve their offensive line, and essentially replaced Marcus Gilchrist with Jimmy Wilson in their secondary. Kansas City replaced Dwayne Bowe with Jeremy Maclin, and added guard Ben Grubbs; assuming Eric Berry won't be back from his lymphona, adding Tyvon Branch is a downgrade. Both teams re-signed some starters, so they didn't regress - but I don't know if their upgrades at guard are enough to win the division. The difference is closer than it was, but I don't know if it's enough to assume that Denver will miss the playoffs.

right now, most of the AFC is in shambles.......

the only thing as of right now that could be scary is if the texans get good QB play

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back