PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broken Glass: Dowling to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG...the Patriots just cut starting all pro safety Lawyer Milloy a couple of days before the game!!!!

what will the Patriots do???Looks real REAL bad!!!!!

It wasn't bad because they had this guy in the fold.....

1108317612_7633.jpg

I'm not seeing any Rodney Harrison's on this roster.

By cutting Bodden BB is assuming they get through the rest of the season w/o major injuries. Using Murphy's Law, it is now a virtual certainty that one of McCourty and Arrington will miss significant time this year.

That's really the scariest part of these moves. Depth. We have none, we need to pray that either of those guys don't miss time or we could be trotting out Molden against #2 WR's and Adams in the Slot during the playoffs without dominant safety play to mask deficiencies.

Based on BBs track record of drafting CBs in the last few years, I can only hope he goes in another direction. Also stay away from drafting WRs. They are inept in that dept. as well.

Thats what is puzzling. BillB's CB drafts has been pretty poor over the last 5yrs.. Many of which have a history of injuries in College..

Dowling has a history of injuries throughout his college stay.. I mean it gets harder in the Pros, so why draft CBs with a history of injuries?

I hope the next CB they draft in 2012 (yes, they will) does not have a history of injuries...

By cutting Bodden BB is assuming they get through the rest of the season w/o major injuries. Using Murphy's Law, it is now a virtual certainty that one of McCourty and Arrington will miss significant time this year.
No. By cutting Bodden BB is assuming that the team has a better chance to win without him. Considering he is privy to 5000 times more information that is pertinent to the decision and has proven to me that winning is what he is striving for, I will decide to trust the decision, rather than rip it because I don't understand it.

That's really the scariest part of these moves. Depth. We have none, we need to pray that either of those guys don't miss time or we could be trotting out Molden against #2 WR's and Adams in the Slot during the playoffs without dominant safety play to mask deficiencies.

Molden will already be playing a significant role as the third corner.

Now the Bodden move was just extremely stupid.

It made plenty of sense yesterday if Dowling was getting healthy. Now it makes absolutely zero sense. Disappointed in Belichick on this string of moves.

No. By cutting Bodden BB is assuming that the team has a better chance to win without him. Considering he is privy to 5000 times more information that is pertinent to the decision and has proven to me that winning is what he is striving for, I will decide to trust the decision, rather than rip it because I don't understand it.

We get it. You'd boil BB's soiled underwear for tea. :rolleyes:

No way anybody can put a believable "good spin" on this.....although on this board somebody will try for sure.

The only move I had a strong dislike for was cutting Butler....really dont' want to hear the BB knows best on this topic....I just think it was too early to give up on him.

Just pretty frustrating at the inability to craft a good secondary via any combination of drafting and free agency.

On the other side, its not just the Pats....see the Eagles, and throw in trades there.

:rofl: man that Bill cracks me up... good stuff..

No way anybody can put a believable "good spin" on this.....although on this board somebody will try for sure.

The only move I had a strong dislike for was cutting Butler....really dont' want to hear the BB knows best on this topic....I just think it was too early to give up on him.

Just pretty frustrating at the inability to craft a good secondary via any combination of drafting and free agency.

On the other side, its not just the Pats....see the Eagles, and throw in trades there.

yep. No CB & S depth at all. We are overloaded in depth on the DL line. ZERO on the DBs ... Not a good sign.. Assante?

Molden will already be playing a significant role as the third corner.

Sharing time in the slot with Bodden is different from being the full time #3 and being the next guy up in case LCB or RCB go down.

If the don't have someone else in mind, then the Bodden release will lead to one and done in the Playoffs yet again.

We've already got one person putting a positive spin on it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back