PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Britt [MAY] re-sign w NE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what frustrating about Patriots. They try to get some scraps @ WR.

How many times do we have to play this "broken" record (aka: Britt)?

Just sign DEZ and be DONE WITH IT.

Patsfans.com, Sunday edition:

Boy, that Josh Gordon's a real pain in the ass, and I don't want him on the team. But Kenny Britt's coming available, and he'd be great! And, guess what the 'normal' weight range of a newborn is.

rofl.gif

I just googled it and apparently a "serious hamstring STRAIN" takes up to 10 weeks to heal.

The Patriots released Jordan Matthews on August 1st..47 days or 6-7 weeks ago.

So, after week 3...it will have been about 8 weeks.

I am mildly excited about Britt, but more excited about the possibility of Matthews returning. I think he would be a great security blanket for Brady.
Saw something on Twitter which I had to chuckle at re: Matthews -

So apparently not only is Matthews still local and a potential re-sign in a couple weeks, but he's actively working out with Edelman. That's one hell of a way to circumvent the rules. "Oh okay, so you suspended our WR and he's not allowed to practice with the team huh? Well, we'll just IR one of our other new WRs, cut an injury settlement with him, and then that suspended WR can work out with that new WR during the suspension. Not a violation since that new WR is technically not on our team right? Then we can re-sign that cut WR after a few weeks."

So in a way, Matthews could potentially be able to pick right up where he left off if Edelman's been helping him out personally.

Of course, the likely outcome here is that the Pats are fined $2m and Brady is suspended 8 games.

This team has been playing musical chairs when it comes to wrs. Idk how much britt has left. It’s meh for me.

The guy let go by Dallas that nobody wants? Isn't that the definition of scraps?

On March 9, 2017, Britt signed a four-year, $32.5 million contract with the Cleveland Browns.[13][14] After recording just 18 catches in nine games, he was released by the Browns on December 8, 2017.

Compare Browns with Cowboys releasing a WR....

Dude, I tweaked my back while sleeping so I guess anything is possible.

You’re limping Tony. What happened?

“I took a nap.”

And he does his little turn on the catwalk
Yeah, on the catwalk
On the catwalk, yeah
he shakes his little tush on the catwalk

at least that's what Right Said Fred...ummm...said.
No no no no

If there’s one man who can save this franchise, it’s Kenny Britt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes