PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer is on the IR

Mac is really pushing it... Not sure if I'm a fan of that... Easy to turn a 6 week injury into a season ending injury if you aren't careful
Yeah I agree…it can stretch on for weeks if he isn’t careful. I sprained my knee in January and I wasn’t as careful as I should have been trying to get it healed. I still can’t jog.

Mac is really pushing it... Not sure if I'm a fan of that... Easy to turn a 6 week injury into a season ending injury if you aren't careful

He's obviously worried about gettin' Zapped

But then again, I was a Bledsoe guy...

Which is pretty much where I was going, vis a vis BB having no problem disregarding contract value and draft position when it comes to a player singing for his supper.

I have some faith in Zappe, he looked decent at times in PS.
OBVIOUSLY 10/15/99 isn't going to get it done, but he's getting ALL the #1 Reps this week, so we'll see how much he can grasp.

I have some faith in Zappe, he looked decent at times in PS.
OBVIOUSLY 10/15/99 isn't going to get it done, but he's getting ALL the #1 Reps this week, so we'll see how much he can grasp.

Considering Detroit's run D (or rather lack thereof) we may not learn much about that grasp this week. I'm not saying Mac's record setting 'performance' for passes attempted in that game at Buffalo is in any danger of being wiped out but BB is nothing if not a historian of the game. You can bet he'll be channeling his inner Woody Hayes, “There are only three things that can happen on a pass, and two of them are bad.”

Hoyer going on IR kinda tells me that they feel pretty sure Mac will be back next week. It seems unlikely Hoyer would be dealing with a concussion for several weeks, so they must be confident that by the time Hoyer is available again, Mac will be too and they can just run with Mac & Zappe. And then when Hoyer's available again, they'll have a really good idea of what they have in Zappe and if they're happy, they can just leave Hoyer on IR.

They want to bring Thornton back, probably next week, so Hoyer going on IR frees up a roster spot.

He's a pretty bad backup... Always gets injured. They should've made him the offensive coordinator instead of Patricia and judge

A little surprised that Hoyers concussion landed him on the IR and Tua’s multiple concussions haven’t.

Home Alone Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Oo brother.....
Does ANYONE listen to what the players tell everyone?
Hoyer has come out and said being a coach with all the hours and less $ isn't something he is interested in at this time.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back