PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He did a great job with our defense last year,
do you think with him gone the defense will still thrive?

As much as I like Flores, the D will be fine.. BB wasn't listening to Bon Jovi during the most recent Superbowl Run, he knew exactly what was going on.. Mayo et al will get plenty of advice and input from BB during this season.

Every game plan goes through BB with his wealth of knowledge and experience..

Flores did a nice job here no question.

Because of the setup, I think the D will kick absolute ass this year.

The way it generally works here is Bill comes up with the game plan and the DC comes up with the packages and implements it during the week. Some weeks Bill lets the DC come up with parts of the plan. Some weeks Bill pushes for a few calls/coverages/blitzes he wants to see. It's very collaborative unlike McVay/Phillips where Phillips does everything.

I do believe Bill is grooming someone on the staff for the DC role. We assume it's Mayo. Could be BB Jr but I think Mayo is a better candidate.

Whose Superbowl defensive game plan is in the Hall of Fame? We still have that guy....
If BB’s Giants defensive game plan was HOF worthy (relinquished 20 pts in ‘87 SB and 19 pts in ‘91)....
I suppose Flores’ game plan belongs in the Smithsonian All Universe wing.

Just saying ( I fear a triggering)

OT: Last 4 Pats SBs....points given up...

3 (tied for lowest SB pts given up ever)
Guess which game had an All Universe attacking D and which game deployed bits of Bend n Break

Note: dial 911 if triggering is too overwhelming

If BB’s Giants defensive game plan was HOF worthy (relinquished 20 pts in ‘87 SB and 19 pts in ‘91)....
I suppose Flores’ game plan belongs in the Smithsonian All Universe wing.

Just saying ( I fear a triggering)

OT: Last 4 Pats SBs....points given up...

3 (tied for lowest SB pts given up ever)
Guess which game had an All Universe attacking D and which game deployed bits of Bend n Break

Note: dial 911 if triggering is too overwhelming
While you bring up good points, do you think that is Flores, or rather the personnel ? I’d venture the 2018 edition had the type of DBs that allowed for more aggressive play, while the LBs were out of this world that night.

While you bring up good points, do you think that is Flores, or rather the personnel ? I’d venture the 2018 edition had the type of DBs that allowed for more aggressive play, while the LBs were out of this world that night.

No Hightower in SB52 was key to that loss...

That is a weird way to spell Jonathan Jones.
Butler’s absence had a profound affect on the team, not just on the field. But you’re right about Jonathan Jones. He was an underrated loss.

I believe Brian Flores did good things the last few years in New England.

It is to be determined if he is equipped for the head coaching job he now has. :eek:

Didn't people question the loss of Matt Patricia as well? And how did hthat work out last year?

Flores did a nice job here no question.

Because of the setup, I think the D will kick absolute ass this year.

The way it generally works here is Bill comes up with the game plan and the DC comes up with the packages and implements it during the week. Some weeks Bill lets the DC come up with parts of the plan. Some weeks Bill pushes for a few calls/coverages/blitzes he wants to see. It's very collaborative unlike McVay/Phillips where Phillips does everything.

I do believe Bill is grooming someone on the staff for the DC role. We assume it's Mayo. Could be BB Jr but I think Mayo is a better candidate.

I remember reading one time how the weekly Pats O plan comes into focus; McDaniels presents it to Bill and then BB presents it to #12 for fine tuning and input.. I suspect the same holds true for the weekly Pats D plan.. the nice thing about this is every gameplan is game specific and reflects the health or lack thereof on either the D or O side.. collaboration and overall buy in by both sides of the ball is obvious.

With a two week preparation time last years plan for the SB was kick ass.. a true meeting of the minds.

I remember reading one time how the weekly Pats O plan comes into focus; McDaniels presents it to Bill and then BB presents it to #12 for fine tuning and input.. I suspect the same holds true for the weekly Pats D plan.. the nice thing about this is every gameplan is game specific and reflects the health or lack thereof on either the D or O side.. collaboration and overall buy in by both sides of the ball is obvious.

With a two week preparation time last years plan for the SB was kick ass.. a true meeting of the minds.
Yep. I read the same thing. On O Bill gives Josh the first crack at the game plan , packages, calls etc ,then BB throws in his .02$. Josh has earned the latitude.
I think in the 2016 DYJ Josh was running the planning meeting w his assistants.

That is a weird way to spell Jonathan Jones.

NEP missed 3 important pieces on defense plus all those that left after 16. It was just too much.

Our defense under Flores is my favorite going back to the Romeo days. I don't know what part he played but I feel like early camp is certainly an indication that whatever his part the foundation of what he helped build here remains and is flourishing.

Honestly I fully expect our defense to become the strength of this team and I couldn't be more excited. I think there's a ton of confidence and the team certainly has the right scheme in place that appears to be playing to the strengths of its players.

Crennel, Mangini, Pees, Patricia, and Flores....

We'll be fine....

Our defense under Flores is my favorite going back to the Romeo days. I don't know what part he played but I feel like early camp is certainly an indication that whatever his part the foundation of what he helped build here remains and is flourishing.

Honestly I fully expect our defense to become the strength of this team and I couldn't be more excited. I think there's a ton of confidence and the team certainly has the right scheme in place that appears to be playing to the strengths of its players.

how good can this defense be? top 5?

how good can this defense be? top 5?

Realistically 3-5 would seem almost unreal in light of losing Flowers. Anything above that is silly to think about right now.

But if they aren't a top 10 defense I'll be disappointed. Specifically top 10 in points against and on 3rd down.

Flores is falling on the sword in Miami as they suck for a new QB.

He may end up back here because I don’t see him succeeding in Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back