PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Even More of a Bad Night in Denver....

I don't mean to sound like I'm calling out a single fanbase, but I wouldn't be shocked if the parties that committed the stabbings were Chargers fans.

Sheesh...What an ugly year this has turned out to be for the NFL.

I don't mean to sound like I'm calling out a single fanbase, but I wouldn't be shocked if the parties that committed the stabbings were Chargers fans.

Well to be fair let's call out the fan bases of an entire division and their cities in general. This crap seems to happen between the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders too often and there's plenty of instances of it happening in baseball too so it's not just a football fan thing. Then there's the Darrent Williams shooting...the list goes on. I guess with AH it's tough for us to completely throw stones but that's the anomaly compared to the AFCW norm.

I thought the west coast was supposed to be more relaxed and carefree? So much for that myth.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I hope everybody is OK and I hope whoever did this gets the harshest penalty the law will allow for.

Morons were flipping cars after the Sox won

A single car being flipped and a street fight are not equivalent to fans trying to "wreck the city". In other cities thats called Saturday night.

Well to be fair let's call out the fan bases of an entire division and their cities in general. This crap seems to happen between the Broncos, Chargers and Raiders too often and there's plenty of instances of it happening in baseball too so it's not just a football fan thing. Then there's the Darrent Williams shooting...the list goes on. I guess with AH it's tough for us to completely throw stones but that's the anomaly compared to the AFCW norm.

I thought the west coast was supposed to be more relaxed and carefree? So much for that myth.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I hope everybody is OK and I hope whoever did this gets the harshest penalty the law will allow for.

It's a bad scene in San Diego. I was there for the Pats game in '08. Chargers "fans" include groups of Mexican punks roaming the stadium concourse looking for fights with unsuspecting visiting fans. Security there is poor as well.

It's a bad scene in San Diego. I was there for the Pats game in '08. Chargers "fans" include groups of Mexican punks roaming the stadium concourse looking for fights with unsuspecting visiting fans. Security there is poor as well.
100% correct. I observed the exact same thing.

A single car being flipped and a street fight are not equivalent to fans trying to "wreck the city". In other cities thats called Saturday night.
In Detroit that's Monday night.

I've definitely heard a lot of stories like this I was just pointing out that it's a west coast thing. The Dodgers/Giants have had several incidents. Chargers\Raiders in both stadiums.

Your post from after that game that year was the reason why I thought it was a good possibility that Charger fans were behind this.

What is wrong with people? I mean to stab people because you're pissed you lost a regular season football game? Beyond pathetic.

Agreed. Now in the post season that's when a strategic stabbing makes sense!

Agreed. Now in the post season that's when a strategic stabbing makes sense!

I can even see where some preseason stabbings make sense.

Maybe us boring NE fans don't look so bad now, huh?

Segregation means this doesn't happen.

Seriously, the problem is night games and the implicit, or let's face it, explicit, message that it's okay to get drunk and go crazy at a football game. There is an element in every fan base that drinks too much, goes too far and is lucky they don't get killed, for every single game. I often wonder how it is that there are not multiple drunk driving fatalities after every Pats game. Does it keep me from going? Nope. I just figure, like everyone else, that it will never be me that is in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Pats do a good job with security, but they still sell beer to anyone who's buying, and I have seen fights and fender benders in the parking lots after games when they leave 18 year old parking attendants to clear out traffic jams after games. Crap can happen. The fact that it hasn't happened too much at Pats games is a little bit planning, and a little bit luck.

I had "issues" there as well when the Pats lost in 2002. Admittedly part of the problem was my being a wise ass, as hard as that is to believe.

I had "issues" there as well when the Pats lost in 2002. Admittedly part of the problem was my being a wise ass, as hard as that is to believe.

Who'd a thunk it?

You know you're going straight to hell when you open a thread like this hoping to see breaking news regarding some important injury.

You're far from the only one, methinks :).

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back