PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 rec 27 yards won't cut it. WR will be a top 2 need come the offseason.
That's just terrible logic, wr may well be a need but I doubt it will be two and one games stat line certainly won't affect any off season plans

If we get Josh Gordon our offense is unstoppable. He's a top 5 WR in the game and is an Antonio Brown impact player.

Yeah, sure--but he's also an immature head case who has chosen getting high over excelling on the field and making millions of dollars, and he's done it now multiple times.

One more positive test or minor screw up and Gordon may never even play football again, period.

4 rec 27 yards won't cut it. WR will be a top 2 need come the offseason.

What position would you have above it in terms of offseason needs? We're pretty set at most other positions, so I'd have to go RB and CB, I suppose. This will almost certainly be a year where we take a chance or two at the position of WR in some fashion.

Yeah, sure--but he's also an immature head case who has chosen getting high over excelling on the field and making millions of dollars, and he's done it now multiple times.

One more positive test or minor screw up and Gordon may never even play football again, period.

Agreed. We did take Moss and for a few years we had one of the best QB-WR tandems of all time. If he's stupid in life, but works hard and is not selfish, he's worth it, if he's selfish and doesn't work hard then he's not worth it. I have no clue how far his problems are.

Agreed. We did take Moss and for a few years we had one of the best QB-WR tandems of all time. If he's stupid in life, but works hard and is not selfish, he's worth it, if he's selfish and doesn't work hard then he's not worth it. I have no clue how far his problems are.
It's definitely a lot more than the drugs. This was before the latest suspension:
Browns' frustrations over Josh Gordon, Johnny Manziel growing - CBSSports.com
Gordon was viewed as a perpetual problem by the Browns former regime, who tried repeatedly to trade him last season only to be vetoed by ownership, sources said. He struggled to integrate to the team despite the Browns spending considerable resources to try to guide him, he was habitually late to meetings and practices, and that behavior has continued in head coach Mike Pettine’s rookie season at the helm, sources said.

Gordon “has to go,” according to several members of the organization, with his drug suspensions and lax behavior a growing problem and something they are concerned could rub off on young players on the roster. Of course, it remains to be seen if Browns owner Jimmy Haslam will be willing to take reduced compensation for the diminishing asset, after being enthralled by Gordon’s breakthrough 2012 campaign.
In particular, that "Browns former regime" would include Mike Lombardi, who is now with the Pats.

well......LaFell is who we have this year......cross your fingers he gets it going
I am focussed on this year as well and I agree that we have to hope that the guys we have will do the job. There is potential for LaFell to improve because he has done it before and he cannot really get any worse, but there may be untapped potential in Martin and Johnson against their former team. Along with Amendola, Chandler and White, we will see Sunday night if they can turn things around and put together an efficient offense without getting Brady hammered. It would not hurt if they could do something with the running game as well, which currently requires little attention from defenses and raises the degree of difficulty on pass protection. Without Gronk and Edelman, and Hightower and Coleman on D, I think that coaches will first look to see improvement from 2 guys that have had success in the past but are struggling now: Blount and LaFell.

He's a capable #3 WR who, if asked to be anything more, will struggle against most defenses.

What a missed opportunity! And I believe that is what Rodney Harrison was pointing at. It's kind of like being a #4/5 starting pitcher and just falling apart when one is put up against any other starter who is a #3 or up...forces one to be more focused and that much better. Interestingly, many will confuse make that great catch (a top WR might make) with actually being that #1/2 WR...not the same thing.

LaFell was never a deep threat. Neither is Chandler. I'm looking forward to Tommy throwing 10-20 yards to him again.

But but but what about all the threads and posts every clamoring for a WR 6'1" or taller so that "Brady can finally have a deep threat!!!!"?

The Deep Thread threads are legendary on here.... same with getting a tall corner (or a shutdown corner, or an elite shutdown corner, etc.)

Somehow we make do :)

He just s u c k s

He didn't suck last year..,..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back