PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon King to miss 2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, since you guys insist, let's talk politics.

Kaepernick started the whole movement, and others are now reaping the benefit, while he gets blackballed. The message is: if you step out of line, you'll get blackballed, so the players get muzzled. Reid is a scumbag... but he's right on the whole Kaepernick/Jay-Z thing.
Except he didn’t get blackballed. He just wasn’t very good. He wanted to be a starter (and be paid as one) but no one would just gift him a starting job.

Quick question: The Pats will put King on IR this week. Does that mean he'll get paid his full salary? I hope it does. That way I can feel comfortable with what I say next.

I was among those who thought that King was a luxury that the team couldn't afford this season with all the tough roster cuts that will be made in a week. Now that question has been sorted out by chance.

King has been a good contributor for a couple of years now. I appreciated his efforts. It wasn't his fault that his niche has been devalued by rules changes and other roster needs put pressure on his roster spot.

Personally I think a guy like Munson can replace King on ST's while actually being a plus on the regular D.

BTW- speaking of ST's aces, anyone else notice Chase Winovich on the last punt return? Our coverage teams will be OK this year.

Except he didn’t get blackballed. He just wasn’t very good. He wanted to be a starter (and be paid as one) but no one would just gift him a starting job.

Nathan Peterman is the backup for the Oakland Raiders.

Kaepernick once demolished the New England Patriots, something Peterman could never do in his wildest dreams.

He was blackballed.

Why are we even having this discussion? NFL execs are on the record on this. Anyone thinking of signing him would get blowback from ownership.

Kaepernick once demolished the New England Patriots, something Peterman could never do in his wildest dreams.

He was blackballed.

Why are we even having this discussion? NFL execs are on the record on this. Anyone thinking of signing him would get blowback from ownership.
The keyword in your post is backup.

He was blackballed.

But Gruden has had some illogical crush on Peterman since Peterman's college days. I don't think another team would have signed him.

The keyword in your post is backup.
I’m with @203Pat all the way on this issue. Let’s keep politics out of the threads, but the whole “he is better than half the QBs in the League” is ridiculous. Fact : if he was good enough, he’d be starting right now. Who would ever want a so-so-at-best backup and all the questions TO and ABOUT a backup when it’d lead you nowhere ? You’re much better off losing, getting a better pick, and moving on to the next season if CK is your option.

Last year, we had 4 LB/STers: King, Mcclellan, Grigsby and Humber.

I suppose that Calhoun is the next man up.

It all depends on how the Reps are divided up. Also, Grigsby was gone when they added McClellan.

People who could take King's reps include Bolden, Brooks, Calhoun, and Muson.

OK, since you guys insist, let's talk politics.

Kaepernick started the whole movement, and others are now reaping the benefit, while he gets blackballed. The message is: if you step out of line, you'll get blackballed, so the players get muzzled. Reid is a scumbag... but he's right on the whole Kaepernick/Jay-Z thing.

When it comes down to it, business is business. With Kaepernick it's simply a matter of the juice not being worth the squeeze. It's not about black or white, the owners could care less, the only color that matters to them is green. It's not about politics, it's $omething far more important than that.

Never lose sight of the fact it's only a sport to the fans. For everyone else whether we're talking media, owners, the union or players, it's a business.

He was blackballed.

Rex won a playoff game in New England.....so what?

Kapherdick was the wildcat formation of QB's. He sucks.....bad.

The reality is tards are just gonna tard as far as Colon goes.

Terrible news - The only silver lining is that this makes room for a somewhat similar player that might have otherwise been on the bubble: like Crossen or Brooks. This also might solidify a spot for another core special teamer like Ebner who might have not been a lock.

That is close to be ban-able stupid. Colon took a 49er team to the superbowl and almost won it. You can say he wasn't the best or a top 10 QB in his time. You can say his game has limitations. That would be fair. EVERY QB has limitations including Brady. But to say he sucked....bad is an indictment on YOUR football IQ which, as of this moment is hitting single digits.

Just sayin'

My bet is Munson.
Munson, Sam, Calhoun, Rivers, ObiWon, Ebner, Brooks, Crossen, Bolden, Slater...

Never is Next Man Up more true than in the case of King's position.

The sun will rise, the sun will set, and Bill will find another Special Teams Ace without even leaving his own backyard.

That is close to be ban-able stupid. Colon took a 49er team to the superbowl and almost won it. You can say he wasn't the best or a top 10 QB in his time. You can say his game has limitations. That would be fair. EVERY QB has limitations including Brady. But to say he sucked....bad is an indictment on YOUR football IQ which, as of this moment is hitting single digits.

Just sayin'
Mostly right.

He was for about a season and-a-half a top 10 QB. Then he fell back to earth once teams figured out how to defend him, and his last year in San Francisco, he was benched for Blaine Gabbert.

I seriously question whether you watch any football. Let me say this again: Peterman. Raiders.
No excuses.

But Gruden has had some illogical crush on Peterman since Peterman's college days. I don't think another team would have signed him.

Maybe you're right. But there are others out there.

I agree.

Belichick keeps lots and lots of special teamers around, so that a King can be replaced. I had mentioned that Calhoun was probably the beneficiary. I suspect that he had already made the team. As many have said, the winner is Munson.

Sam and Rivers have been long shots, and still are.

I see the following: Slater, Bolden, Ebner, Brooks, Calhoun and Munson. I'm still not sure of Crossen, but has been an OK STer for us.

AN ASIDE
One player who will play a lot of teams is Winovich.

The sun will rise, the sun will set, and Bill will find another Special Teams Ace without even leaving his own backyard.

Agreed..I feel bad for the guy personally, but since the God of Injuries has to be appeased every year, I’m ok with King being a sacrifice.

Agreed..I feel bad for the guy personally, but since the God of Injuries has to be appeased every year, I’m ok with King being a sacrifice.
Oh, you should have knocked wood when you wrote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News