PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandin Cooks appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a fan . Explosive player, really good production, and still a young player. I think we are going to see a great season out of him in 2018.

I love Cooks and wish that he'd be a long term part of the team... but I'm relatively confident that he gets traded by the deadline

I love Cooks and wish that he'd be a long term part of the team... but I'm relatively confident that he gets traded by the deadline

I would not be surprised by that. Bummed out yes .

If our lost little Cookie does get traded, I'm not sure if it will happen at the trade deadline.
It might actually happen just before the draft, if it does happen at all, which I kinda doubt.

If our lost little Cookie does get traded, I'm not sure if it will happen at the trade deadline.
It might actually happen just before the draft, if it does happen at all, which I kinda doubt.

Agreed. If Cooks starts the season with the Pats it would take an unforeseen need of a very serious nature to have him become an in season trade piece. The Pats are unlikely to be sellers when it comes to starters.

Beyond his near 1100 yards compiled in his first year in NE theres something else to consider for those who say he's not Randy Moss or physical enough.

244 yards: That is the total number of yards that Cooks has drawn in penalties this year: seven for defensive pass interference (209 yards), five for holding (20 yards, one call was declined) and one face-mask penalty (15 yards). Cooks’ 209 yards specifically accumulated from defensive pass-interference penalties on which he was the likely target was a league high.

He's too fast and quick to guard, he's not Randy Moss but he's a lot closer to Deion Branch then anyone we've ever had, coming off his third straight 1000+ yards season and is the same age as Malcolm Mitchell.

If he does get traded, it will be because he wants entirely too much money... I hope we can extend him because he will only improve the longer he's in our system.

244 yards: That is the total number of yards that Cooks has drawn in penalties this year: seven for defensive pass interference (209 yards), five for holding (20 yards, one call was declined) and one face-mask penalty (15 yards). Cooks’ 209 yards specifically accumulated from defensive pass-interference penalties on which he was the likely target was a league high.

Great call out here that is always overlooked.

giphy.gif

Hate to bring this up but

welker.gif

Well the topic was WR's in their first year with Brady. That happened in his 5th year with Brady.

Also, failing to catch a ball you had to jump and twist your body for is hardly making a fool of yourself.

Failing to pick up 2 yards for a first down because you decided to jump over a defender instead of go around him, and then getting yourself knocked out because you ran around in a circle is making a fool of yourself.

Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Britt, Dorsett, Peterson
Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Britt/Dorsett, Peterson
==========
OPEN QUESTION

Is Cooks worth a 2nd rounder and 8.5 million of cap space?

Would we trade a 2nd for one year of Cooks if we had the WR in the first row?

244 yards: That is the total number of yards that Cooks has drawn in penalties this year: seven for defensive pass interference (209 yards), five for holding (20 yards, one call was declined) and one face-mask penalty (15 yards). Cooks’ 209 yards specifically accumulated from defensive pass-interference penalties on which he was the likely target was a league high...
A lot of those DPI calls he drew were bullish!t.

==========
OPEN QUESTION

I wouldn't.

==========
OPEN QUESTION

Hell no he's our healthiest receiver

A lot of those DPI calls he drew were bullish!t.

Bullish!t... is that in the rulebook?

He's one of the fastest/quickest guys on the planet, they have to hold him.

There were many other times DPI could've been called and wasn't, you just keep playing... embracing excuses is for losers.

Cooks may not end up being a long term part of our plans due to cost, but I find it hard to believe that we’d trade him after only one year, especially when he’s been one of the rare WRs to acclimate to the system so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back