PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's father goes off on Der Ommissioner....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MCI with his obvious reaction:

profile_image

BenVolin
Tom Brady Jr. took the high road. Tom Brady Sr. ...... does not https://t.co/DAqyw9D3A8

profile_image

BenVolin
Tom Brady Jr. took the high road. Tom Brady Sr. ...... does not https://t.co/DAqyw9D3A8

What Volin doesn't comprehend is just because someone doesn't take the high road, it doesn't mean they are making the wrong choice.

Should TB12 have taken the high road and not had gone to court and just accept the punishment? F no. By accepting it, would that have been taking the high road?

Would Goody have taken the high road if he told Kensil and Vincent to back off?

I see no reason why TB12 Sr should take the high road. His son was framed. Period. You never let that just slide.

Volin doesn't understand because he is a coward. He is a lemming who thinks it's best to go along and not rage against the machine. That's who he is.

Last edited:
What Volin doesn't comprehend is just because someone doesn't take the high road, it doesn't mean they are making the wrong choice.

Should TB12 have taken the high road and not go to court and accept the punishment? F no. By accepting it, would that have been taking the high road?

Would Goody have taken the high road if he told Kensil and Vincent to back off?

I see no reason why TB12 Sr should take the high road. His son was framed. Period. You never let that just slide.

Volin doesn't understand because he is a coward. He is a lemming who thinks it's best to go along and don't rage against the machine.

The MCI is a troll. He hates the Patriots, he hates Patriots fans and his one goal in life at this point in time is to shoot his way out of New England. He desperately wants to get back to the Florida area.

Problem is, the Globe won't let him go because they cannot afford a real football beat writer and Volin is reportedly working for under 6-figures - it's been said that's how he got the job in the first place. He works for peanuts for a newspaper that is a negative worth asset (bought for $70 million a few years back - - only for the real estate aspect).

The MCI is a troll. He hates the Patriots, he hates Patriots fans and his one goal in life at this point in time is to shoot his way out of New England. He desperately wants to get back to the Florida area.

Problem is, the Globe won't let him go because they cannot afford a real football beat writer and Volin is reportedly working for under 6-figures - it's been said that's how he got the job in the first place. He works for peanuts for a newspaper that is a negative worth asset (bought for $70 million a few years back - - only for the real estate aspect).
I had heard he was paid low.

He wants a network gig. The problem is he doesn't have the contacts or depth in his reporting or commentary.

profile_image

BenVolin

And look how successful he was...he's managed to redirect this thread to being about him instead of about the Brady's and Goodell.

Please, please, fellow PatsFans, keep all evidence that the Boston media trolls exist off of this board. They only matter as much as we make them matter. When we bring them here, it is like bringing a turd to a museum. Yes, it exists, but what's the point?

And look how successful he was...he's managed to redirect this thread to being about him instead of about the Brady's and Goodell.

Please, please, fellow PatsFans, keep all evidence that the Boston media trolls exist off of this board. They only matter as much as we make them matter. When we bring them here, it is like bringing a turd to a museum. Yes, it exists, but what's the point?

Thanks to the fans who post excerpts here, I assiduously avoid hitting any links to the MCI, CHB, espn,* etc. stories.
Keep their hit counts low people, and you hurt them where they feed.

*except Reiss

Father of Patriots’ QB Tom Brady rips NFL Commissioner Goodell over ‘Deflategate’ investigation

“....When it happens to your son, it’s a whole different context,” Brady said. “Or your daughter or any one of your kids and I think any parent kind of understands that. They’d rather take the slings and arrows in the heart than have their kids take it. For what the league did to him (Tom Brady) and what Roger Goodell constantly lied about is beyond reprehensible as far as I’m concerned.”

Brady Sr. went on to accuse Goodell of unfairly singling out Brady and the Patriots.

He went on a witch hunt and went in way over his head and had to lie his way out in numerous ways and the reality is that Tommy never got suspended for deflating footballs,” Brady Sr. said. “He got suspended because the court said that he could, Roger Goodell could do anything he wanted to do to any player for any reason whatsoever. That’s what happened. The NFL admitted they had no evidence on him.”

".......In a radio interview earlier this week, Goodell said that “it would be an honor” to pass the trophy to Brady and he also called the four-time Super Bowl champion a “surefire hall of famer.”

Brady Sr. echoes those sentiments.

“It should be an honor because somebody that has Roger Goodell’s ethics doesn’t belong on any stage that Tom Brady is on,” Brady said."

He's right in that this entire fiasco was likely far more difficult for Tom's parents than it was for him

First reaction was why poke the bear now before the game but the more I think about it, it may be the only time when the narrative can be changed. By going on the offensive against Goodell and accusing him of framing TFB, he ( Goodell) has to respond and explain why it wasn't a frame job.. Maybe, just maybe somebody will ask the Commissioner the tough questions instead of the softballs he gets on NFLN or Mike and Mike, two entities either owned the league or beholder to them with broadcasting rights.....
My fear is that Goodell and his malicious moronic mental midget minions will try to distract everyone by some " false flag" event that will ensnare the Patriots.....

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Goodell should be forced to kneel before Brady and kiss his rings, broadcast in all media worldwide, as just punishment for his multitude of sins.

First reaction was why poke the bear now before the game but the more I think about it, it may be the only time when the narrative can be changed. By going on the offensive against Goodell and accusing him of framing TFB, he ( Goodell) has to respond and explain why it wasn't a frame job.. Maybe, just maybe somebody will ask the Commissioner the tough questions instead of the softballs he gets on NFLN or Mike and Mike, two entities either owned the league or beholder to them with broadcasting rights.....
My fear is that Goodell and his malicious moronic mental midget minions will try to distract everyone by some " false flag" event that will ensnare the Patriots.....
The Patriots piped in the crowd noise in Atlanta.

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Goodell should be forced to kneel before Brady and kiss his rings, broadcast in all media worldwide, as just punishment for his multitude of sins.
He likely fantacizes about that already! :D

Tom's father has every right to feel as he does and speak out as has because he is hurting for his son, however:

When the Pats win the SB next weekend Tom Jr has to walk into the stage with his right hand out to Goodell and shake hands with a smile and accept the trophy his team won with pride. Go high Tom Jr, it's a team trophy.

profile_image

BenVolin

Left unsaid by Volin and those that think like him is which road did Goodell take? And why was is necessary for members of the Brady family to decide, do I take the high road or the low road? Volin completely ignores the main point: Goodell lied in order to find Brady guilty.

Inasmuch as I like'd Brady's dad fantastic slamming of the NFL*'s head on public TV ("...ethics doesn't belong on the same stage that Tom Brady is on" - oh yeah!!), I also liked Joker's slamming of the comm in this second post. :)

Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents