PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Mahomes

There's something off with Mahomeboy
Can't really tell but seems super phony to me
Personally he may be a d bag. Probably is. But I’m just going on what I see on the field.

This is OT. But how much should talent factor in when placing a QB on a mount Rushmore list.

To me, championships, and playing a huge role in said titles, should matter more. Rodgers was more talented than Brady & Montana. But both will always be higher up the list.

In fact, I think having so much talent should work against Rodgers. You have all these god given gifts. Yet, you only have one SB title 13 years ago. 1-4 in NFC title games?

Marino threw rockets. Yet, it never mattered when it mattered most.

There's something off with Mahomeboy
Can't really tell but seems super phony to me
I don't know if I'd call it 'phony' but between the extremely weird mannerisms, weird voice, [insert trait that will get me reported], and rat tail... there's a lot of abnormal **** going on.

This is OT. But how much should talent factor in when placing a QB on a mount Rushmore list.

To me, championships, and playing a huge role in said titles, should matter more. Rodgers was more talented than Brady & Montana. But both will always be higher up the list.

In fact, I think having so much talent should work against Rodgers. You have all these god given gifts. Yet, you only have one SB title 13 years ago. 1-4 in NFC title games?

Championships and balls of steel

It depends how you define talent. I don’t think Rodgers had more talent than Brady. Brady was 3 inches taller with longer arms and a really strong lower posterior (drafted as a baseball catcher.) That inherent advantage isn’t obvious and eye catching but plays a factor on every snap. Sure, Rodgers could throw well on the run and whip the ball downfield, but a lot of these skills are developed as a result of slower processing and the need to open throwing lanes.

Was Dwight Howard more talented than Nikola Jokic? One may look the part aesthetically and create highlight reel plays often, but that doesn’t mean his body type is actually better suited to the task.

Last edited:
Chiefs now a full game back from the 1 seed. Behind three teams.

It depends how you define talent. I don’t think Rodgers had more talent than Brady. Brady was 3 inches taller with longer arms and a really strong lower posterior (drafted as a baseball catcher.) That inherent advantage isn’t obvious and eye catching but plays a factor on every snap. Sure, Rodgers could throw well on the run and whip the ball downfield, but a lot of these skills are developed as a result of slower processing and the need to open throwing lanes.

Was Dwight Howard more talented than Nikola Jokic? One may look the part aesthetically and create highlight reel plays often, but that doesn’t mean his body type is actually better suited to the task.
Ultimately, I agree. Brady, imo, was more talented in presnap/motions/etc. Most battles were won before the ball was ever snapped. Him and Manning are probably the best QB's at those types of things. Reading a defense and making changes.

The above is why I think you get Rodgers winning MVP's by beating up dregs like the Bears and Lions. While Brady was coming back and winning SB's against the Legion of Boom and 28-3 Falcons.

I don't feel the need to tear down Mahomes to lift up Brady. Mahomes is amazing. Already a top 10 all time QB solidly. He has officially entered the phase in his career where he'll have a harder time of it. His team doesn't have the talent it did and more needs to fall on him than ever. Thankfully he's stayed healthy but he needs to watch his running and scrambling. He'll get at least one more ring but it's hard to win in the NFL ans Brady broke expectations. No one will ever win 7 again as no one will be able to stay that healthy amd that good that long.

Chiefs now a full game back from the 1 seed. Behind three teams.
This season couldn't have been a better setup for KC with their easy schedule and the AFC contenders losing QBs.

That roughing call was embarrassing for the league. To think Brady gets accused of drawing flags...no it was never like it is now for Kermit at any time.

This season couldn't have been a better setup for KC with their easy schedule and the AFC contenders losing QBs.
I don't think KC has the horses on offense this year. They don't have any star or breakout WR this year and Kelce is getting older, thus Mahomes is looking ordinary.

I don't expect them to go far in the playoffs this year but next year they'll try and rectify it. They'll use a premium draft on a WR and they'll go for Mike Evans. Although, I think they'll lose out to his hometown Houston.

I always hear this talent thing....there is more to talent than how fast you run. Reading defenses is talent. Poise is talent, pocket awareness is talent. Knowing where to go with ball is talent, there are tons of things that are talent. It does not matter how fast you throw. Brady threw plenty fast, in fact I have seen him throw as hard as any QB I have ever seen.

I don't think KC has the horses on offense this year. They don't have any star or breakout WR this year and Kelce is getting older, thus Mahomes is looking ordinary.

I don't expect them to go far in the playoffs this year but next year they'll try and rectify it. They'll use a premium draft on a WR and they'll go for Mike Evans. Although, I think they'll lose out to his hometown Houston.
They dont have the money to go after Mike evans. What you have here is a cry to give mahomes a defense, they did, but Mahomes makes 60 mil a year. There is a cap. You can have a 60 mil dollar Qb high priced defense, great run game and oh yeah all pro's at wideout. The 60 mil dollar QB is expected to offset lesser receivers to make them better, he isnt

Houston is set at WR

Houston is set at WR
Then it'll be interesting who Evans goes to. I don't think he'll want to go back to Tampa.

The way he is playing, someone will overpay. Will he go to the highest bidder, or will he take a discount to go on a team with a better QB? Devante Adams went to the highest bidder and he's learning that he isn't quite as good with a below average QB.

I have nothing against Mahomes but people make it impossible to like him. it’s not enough that he has Reid calling the offensive plays, Kelce, a top 5 defense, and a top 5/10 OL. he also needs a stud WR or two. I guess his fanboys think we’re still in the 80s or 90s and he can have his team stacked everywhere

That roughing call was embarrassing for the league. To think Brady gets accused of drawing flags...no it was never like it is now for Kermit at any time.
he’s played 6 years and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already near the top of the list for QB RTP and unnecessary roughness calls

I have nothing against Mahomes but people make it impossible to like him. it’s not enough that he has Reid calling the offensive plays, Kelce, a top 5 defense, and a top 5/10 OL. he also needs a stud WR or two. I guess his fanboys think we’re still in the 80s or 90s and he can have his team stacked everywhere
Ever notice that BuT ViNaTiErI doesn’t apply to other QBs? Butker is an 89% career kicker and 22/22 this season.

He's the best QB in the league I'll give him that, but they want to anoint him as the GOAt or baby GOAT and that's when it gets cringe worthy

Ever notice that BuT ViNaTiErI doesn’t apply to other QBs? Butker is an 89% career kicker and 22/22 this season.
those idiots aren’t even worth the time

2001 SB Brady gets the ball at his 17 yard line with 1:21 left:
5 yard completion
8 yard completion
11 yard completion
23 yard completion
6 yard completion

2003 SB Brady gets the ball at his 40 yard line with 1:13 left:
13 yard completion
13 yard completion
4 yard completion
17 yard completion

Vinatieri had already missed a 31 and 36 yard FG in the 2003 SB so Brady shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with

I’ve lost track of how many people I’ve seen say Mahomes is already the most clutch QB ever. sickening

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back