PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Mahomes

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Lol. So Brady wasn’t accepted as GOAT until he tied Montana in rings… but now the narrative is Kermit doesn’t have to win 7 to be GOAT. Funny how that works. :D

Kermit will never win anything near 7 anyway so it’s moot.

Last edited:
It's kind of dumb how Brady needed 5+ to become the GOAT, but apparently Mahomes is already the best ever?

It's devaluing how impressive of a feat it is to win up to 7 rings, and it makes it sound so easy.

If it were that easy then a lot more QBs would have rings

It's kind of dumb how Brady needed 5+ to become the GOAT, but apparently Mahomes is already the best ever?

It's devaluing how impressive of a feat it is to win up to 7 rings, and it makes it sound so easy.

If it were that easy then a lot more QBs would have rings
Brady always has the 2-0 vs Mahomeboy when it mattered most

Lol. So Brady wasn’t accepted as GOAT until he tied Montana in rings… but now the narrative is Kermit doesn’t have to win 7 to be GOAT. Funny how that works. :D

Kermit will never win anything near 7 anyway so it’s moot.

They want to invent a narrative to keep people watching. it is all really silly. Mahomie is getting anywhere near 7.

Also, if Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence win the SB, the script will flip on how they are now chasing Brady and the new GOAT of the league.

They want to invent a narrative to keep people watching. it is all really silly. Mahomie is getting anywhere near 7.

Also, if Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence win the SB, the script will flip on how they are now chasing Brady and the new GOAT of the league.
The current crop of QBs need to pass Forehead and Montana first before we even get to speak about TB

Mahomes people forget that Allen and Burrow entered worse situations than him and were drafted later as well. They can catch up pretty quickly

The current crop of QBs need to pass Forehead and Montana first before we even get to speak about TB
I would agree but the narrative never goes that way. They had Rodgers as the guy they were propping up for a decade and he never passed those 2 either.

Same old same old.

All is true until Johnny 2030 and his 720 jump 80 yard TDs and then Mahomes is old news and rings matter again.

Brady always has the 2-0 vs Mahomeboy when it mattered most
And both of those were in KC, like all of Mahomes' AFC title games have been. It has sure helped them playing in such a weak division and getting favorable rulings from the NYFL. The ruling last year that gave them the top seed was a disgrace but expected.

I doubt that Mahomes will get close to catching Brady but we all know that the NYFL will be pushing hard to get him there.

Reactions: sb1

And then all those QBs can chant I'M NUMBER TWO! now that Brady took away the #1 argument.

Same old same old.

All is true until Johnny 2030 and his 720 jump 80 yard TDs and then Mahomes is old news and rings matter again.
Yep. We saw that with Manning who is almost never mentioned anymore. And now of course Rodgers who was the BOAT and now not mentioned anymore with Brady. You still see Montana though in the convo because he has the 4. What is interesting is folks just assume Mahomes is going to pass Montana's 4.

I would agree but the narrative never goes that way. They had Rodgers as the guy they were propping up for a decade and he never passed those 2 either.
The thing that really holds PEDton back for me isn't the PEDs as much as the nine one-and-done playoffs. That's an incredibly poor record that will never be matched unless Lamar Jackson sticks around for a long time, which is doubtful.

BTW, don't sleep on Denver possibly taking a game off the Chiefs this year. Things look a heck of a lot better with Payton there.

Yep. We saw that with Manning who is almost never mentioned anymore. And now of course Rodgers who was the BOAT and now not mentioned anymore with Brady. You still see Montana though in the convo because he has the 4. What is interesting is folks just assume Mahomes is going to pass Montana's 4.
If winning is what matters most (it does to me) then Montana is still easily #2. I have to admit that I'd really enjoy it if no other QBs win 4 SBs.

BTW, don't sleep on Denver possibly taking a game off the Chiefs this year. Things look a heck of a lot better with Payton there.
The easiest bet that I saw last year was Denver's over/under win total of 11. That win for me was clinched right around mid-season.

The easiest bet that I saw last year was Denver's over/under win total of 11. That win for me was clinched right around mid-season.
It was dumpster fire last year. It should be a lot better with Payton. The question mark is how much gas Wilson has left.

The other thing to consider is his high cap number and KC's cap space ($70K this year) and relatively low numbers next year ($50 million) as well..... per overthecap.com and the ability to back fill a middle class.....

Also, I don't know where folks fall on the Lebron/Jordan argument but I still have Jordan as the GOAT. IMO, Lebron had to at least get to 6 possibly 7 to pass him so I really don't see how Mahomie passes Brady with 5.

Also, I don't know where folks fall on the Lebron/Jordan argument but I still have Jordan as the GOAT. IMO, Lebron had to at least get to 6 possibly 7 to pass him so I really don't see how Mahomie passes Brady with 5.
I go back and forth between putting LeBron at #2 behind Jordan and anywhere from #3 to #8, depending on what we're talking about (clutchness? leadership? BBIQ?). As Clayton Crowley kinda explained, you can make cases for MJ, LeBron, Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Bird, Magic, and Duncan in the discussion.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back