PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Fox after he retires

Maybe it's time to move this to the Brady forum

Our favorite Brady troll, Mac10 (Timmy) had an accident at a Washington, DC Walmart. Our prayers for a speedy recovery.

SmartSelect_20220525-094746_Twitter.jpg

And because of those 10 years of last place finishes and 19 they hadn't won a playoff game they had MORE than enough high draft picks in those drafts to accumulate the BEST offensive skill players (Evans, Godwin, Brown and Miller at WR).
Evans was a 1st round draft pick. Godwin a 3rd and Miller a 6th... so they weren't snatching all of these guys in the top of the 1st round. Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick by Pittsburgh; he was brought in by way of free agency (at Brady's request). Scotty Miller was a complete nonfactor for Tampa Bay this past season.

(Gronk, Brate and Howard at TE)
Gronk followed Brady to Tampa Bay. Brate is a decent second tier TE. Howard did nothing for the 2020 or 2021 teams.

Jones and Fournette at RB)
Jones was irrelevant by the end of 2021. Fournette was a FA recruited by Brady.

I was THRILLED to hear that Brady went to the Bucs Because I AM a big fan of Tom Brady, just not a delusional one. They were a team that was ready to win NOW and had the best offensive talent that Brady ever had (and I think that included 2007). So Brady knew he had 2 or 3 years left and it should have been obvious to a blind man that they Pats weren't going to be competing for Championships in 2020, 21 AND 22.
Brady could have made it to the Super Bowl with the 2021 Patriots. He also wanted to stay in NE until he got sick of being jerked around with the team's contract terms. Tampa Bay wasn't his first choice, it's just what ultimately worked out. And that team was averaging 5-11 seasons for a decade until Brady got there... 5-11 for a decade is not ready to win now.

While the QB IS the most important player on offense, he cannot succeed on offense WITHOUT the other 10 supporting his efforts AND the coaching staff, and he adds NOTHING to the defense and ST's, both of which are critical to any team's success.
Tampa Bay had among the worst STs in 2020. Their secondary was borderline garbage too. And the coaching staff?... doesn't pretty much everyone think Arians is a buffoon?

Peyton was a great QB, but the only 2 superbowls he won, he was carried behind 2 great defenses. Aaron Rodgers is acknowledged as the most skillful QB over the last 15 years, but despite all the yds and MVP's the guy has been to just ONE superbowl and has spent the bulk of his career with one playoff disappointment after another.. Bottom like you don't win Superbowls UNLESS you have the complete package all Superbowl teams have. A combination of offense, Defense, ST's, Coaching AND a little bit of luck
Peyton and Rodgers are both chokers. Between the two of them they have 4 postseason game-winning drives in 31 seasons. Brady has 14 (second place is 6). There are plenty of examples of incomplete teams winning the Super Bowl. The 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs won because of their defenses only. The 2010 Saints and 2020 Chiefs won because of their offenses. Brady's teams have won so often because his clutch play puts them over the top.

the combination of Brady, Gronk, Fournette, and Brown…
You apparently don't understand the concept of single most important variable.

Evans was a 1st round draft pick. Godwin a 3rd and Miller a 6th... so they weren't snatching all of these guys in the top of the 1st round. Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick by Pittsburgh; he was brought in by way of free agency (at Brady's request). Scotty Miller was a complete nonfactor for Tampa Bay this past season.

Gronk followed Brady to Tampa Bay. Brate is a decent second tier TE. Howard did nothing for the 2020 or 2021 teams.

Jones was irrelevant by the end of 2021. Fournette was a FA recruited by Brady.

Brady could have made it to the Super Bowl with the 2021 Patriots. He also wanted to stay in NE until he got sick of being jerked around with the team's contract terms. Tampa Bay wasn't his first choice, it's just what ultimately worked out. And that team was averaging 5-11 seasons for a decade until Brady got there... 5-11 for a decade is not ready to win now.

Tampa Bay had among the worst STs in 2020. Their secondary was borderline garbage too. And the coaching staff?... doesn't pretty much everyone think Arians is a buffoon?

Peyton and Rodgers are both chokers. Between the two of them they have 4 postseason game-winning drives in 31 seasons. Brady has 14 (second place is 6). There are plenty of examples of incomplete teams winning the Super Bowl. The 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs won because of their defenses only. The 2010 Saints and 2020 Chiefs won because of their offenses. Brady's teams have won so often because his clutch play puts them over the top.

So now Brown and Godwin suck...and apparently Scotty Miller didn't catch any touchdowns in the 2020 NFC championship game.

It makes zero difference what Tampa Bay was before 2019. What's clear is that they were an average team at 7-9 in 2019 before Brady got there.

At some point the mods need to remove crawhammer and XLIX from this thread...

Last edited:
LOL!! Truth hurt? It is hilarious how you talk sh*t all throughout the thread and whine like a little baby to the mods when you get it in return.

Toughen up, snowflake.

"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2011
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2012
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2013
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2014
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2015
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2016
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2017
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2018
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2019
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2020
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2021
"At some point he has to fade" - haters, 2022

This isn't hate. It is people using logic at least for the last few years. The guy is going to be 45 in a few months. It is only logical to believe since he hit 40 that he would fade. For the most part, Brady has been defying logic.

I don't know how you can call someone a hater because they think that a 40 something QB is likely going to decline sooner rather than later. It isn't like Brady is turning 35 this summer.

This isn't hate. It is people using logic at least for the last few years.
But it hasn't been "the last few years".... it has been the last 10 years, if not more. There were people in this forum who wanted to keep Garoppolo because "no QB over 40 has ever won a Super Bowl".

I mean, if you predict a guy is going to fade every year for 12 years, you don't really get to thump your chest too much when you are (finally) right in year 12. As for the here and now, there's no evidence Brady is heading towards any significant fade this year.

That's really pathetic.

So now Brown and Godwin suck...and apparently Scotty Miller didn't catch any touchdowns in the 2020 NFC championship game.
Try to follow the conversations a little better. The original comment was the Bucs were able to build a ready to win now team through high round draft picks. Brown was taken in the 6th round by another team. Miller was a 6th round pick too. Neither were high round picks. Even Godwin was taken in the 3rd round. No one said they sucked. However, Miller was a big zero for the team last season.

It makes zero difference what Tampa Bay was before 2019. What's clear is that they were an average team at 7-9 in 2019 before Brady got there.
Of course it makes a difference when evaluating the impact of a player. The franchise was total garbage for years and then they win the Super Bowl in Brady's first season. Not a coincidence.

Of course it makes a difference when evaluating the impact of a player. The franchise was total garbage for years and then they win the Super Bowl in Brady's first season. Not a coincidence.
Also Gronk, Brown, Fournette, and Wirf’s first year in Tampa…not a coincidence

Some people will no doubt give Belichick credit for this too.....

LOL!!! I never mentioned Belichick until you took a comment of mine which said "Brady beat them twice in the Super Bowl." and changed it to "Belichick beat them twice in the Super Bowl." I ignored that bit of your usual immaturity and focused exclusively on Brady, but you couldn't let it go and gave us this gem: "mm...seems like he went 1-7 against those teams without Belichick." You are the one who made it Belichick vs. Brady, dumbass.

Good old Andy....
- He starts a thread about Brady in the main forum, then complains when people talk about Brady in the main forum
- He mentions Belichick twice in response to my posts about Brady, then complains how the thread became a "Belichick vs. Brady" debate.
Is MAC10 Andy? Or is Ring6 Andy? I’m very confused

But it hasn't been "the last few years".... it has been the last 10 years, if not more. There were people in this forum who wanted to keep Garoppolo because "no QB over 40 has ever won a Super Bowl".

I mean, if you predict a guy is going to fade every year for 12 years, you don't really get to thump your chest too much when you are (finally) right in year 12. As for the here and now, there's no evidence Brady is heading towards any significant fade this year.

I don't want to single anyone out, but there were pro-Brady people here ten years ago complaining Brady had only a few years left as an elite QB and Belichick was squandering those precious few years. So even some of the pro-Brady crowd though he would no longer be elite by the time he was 40.

When Brady was 35, the idea of a QB being elite at age 40 was unthinkable. Warren Moon was the only QB to fit in that category that I can think of. But even he wasn't the same QB he was in his mid 30s. Can you name another QB before Brady who was still elite at 40 nevermind midway through his 40s.

I don't get why it is so controversial for people thought Brady would decline in skills in his late 30s or early 40s. History has shown, that is when most QBs decline in skills.

Some people will no doubt give Belichick credit for this too.....

What does that have to do with football? And remember when Tommy talked trash before last year's golf match and lost badly to Rodgers?

What does that have to do with football?
I just posted it because I knew it would bother you, and your response proves it did.

And remember when Tommy talked trash before last year's golf match and lost badly to Rodgers?
Yeah, they were really being serious in the golf match trash talk there.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Here some more trash talk from Brady to continue your obsessive hatred of him:

"I will come prepared like I always do to everything, and you know, it's different, golf s--- talk's a little different than pro football s--- talk," Brady said. "Usually, pro football s--- talk is, you usually have to back that up. Josh really hasn't backed up much on the football field in his career, let's be honest, especially playing against me.

I just remember Sam Madison and Jason Taylor were there for the taking when the Pats took Canty. Oof.
I can see why Taylor was available as looked pretty odd coming out of the draft being so long and lanky. He did fill in over the years though.

I don't want to single anyone out, but there were pro-Brady people here ten years ago complaining Brady had only a few years left as an elite QB and Belichick was squandering those precious few years. So even some of the pro-Brady crowd though he would no longer be elite by the time he was 40.

When Brady was 35, the idea of a QB being elite at age 40 was unthinkable. Warren Moon was the only QB to fit in that category that I can think of. But even he wasn't the same QB he was in his mid 30s. Can you name another QB before Brady who was still elite at 40 nevermind midway through his 40s.

I don't get why it is so controversial for people thought Brady would decline in skills in his late 30s or early 40s. History has shown, that is when most QBs decline in skills.
The rule changes by Manning and the Polian Colts opened this door for many QB's to get rid of the ball faster and Carson Palmer/Tom Brady's injury forced the NFL to ban low hits. The shelf life prior to this was around 35 as you mentioned (if they were lucky) due to the amount of hits QB's were taking. In addition, helmets, equipment and turf changes have also played a role extending the expiration date of QB's.

Had the rules not changed, Brady/BB don't win another Super Bowl together after the 2004 season as they went on that 10 year drought.

Frankly, the NFL was more entertaining prior to the rule changes as passing was more strategic and defenses were more creative. Now all offenses and defenses look the same.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back