PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Fox after he retires

And it's very clear that Brady in his old age cannot play at an elite level without super star players around him. This was proven from 2018-2019 when Bill and the D carried the offense. Then all of a sudden Brady goes to Tampa and Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, and Fournette propped him up so that his stats look good. Once two of those pieces were not there, the offense sputtered for most of the game against the Rams. He'd be a 25-30 TD guy without them at his age.
Dunno. Either way BB is one of the all time great coaches regardless of his record without Brady. Would be nice though to silence the skeptics and see him make at least one deep playoff run with Mac before he retires. Joe Gibbs won with multiple QBs. Reid went to a Super Bowl with two different QBs. Tuna won with 2. Hopefully the competitive window for the Patriots opens up soon and Bill gets a legit chance to do the same thing.

Dunno. Either way BB is one of the all time great coaches regardless of his record without Brady. Would be nice though to silence the skeptics and see him make at least one deep playoff run with Mac before he retires. Joe Gibbs won with multiple QBs. Reid went to a Super Bowl with two different QBs. Tuna won with 2. Hopefully the competitive window for the Patriots opens up soon and Bill gets a legit chance to do the same thing.

This is exactly why Bill needs to be given at least 4-5 years post Brady to show us what he's capable of. It's unfair to judge him based off of Cam's 2020 season and Mac's rookie season alone (and his Cleveland years under bad ownership). What Bill is trying to do (assemble a 53 man roster that is competitive) is more difficult than a QB going to another team and winning right away. Brady and Stafford both did it. However, how many NFL coaches who lose their star QBs go on to win immediately the year after? Even in SF after Montana left it several years before the Niners won it all.

Last edited:
The Bucs are 30-9 since Brady walked on campus.

This is exactly why Bill needs to be given at least 4-5 years post Brady to show us what he's capable of. It's unfair to judge him based off of Cam's 2020 season and Mac's rookie season alone (and his Cleveland years under bad ownership). What Bill is trying to do (assemble a 53 man roster that is competitive) is more difficult than a QB going to another team and winning right away. Brady and Stafford both did it. However, how many NFL coaches who lose their star QBs go on to win immediately the year after? Even in SF after Montana left it several years before the Niners won it all.
Not sure about the year after but the Packers under McCarthy won the Super Bowl in year 3 after Favre. This season will be year 3 for Bill post Brady.

Forget the SB, how about just winning the Division for a change?

Not sure about the year after but the Packers under McCarthy won the Super Bowl in year 3 after Favre. This season will be year 3 for Bill post Brady.

That was with Rodgers who had 3 years under his belt as a starter and another 3 years as a backup to Favre - so 6 years in the GB system. And the same is true of Steve Young - many years as Montana's backup and 4 years as the 49ers starter.

But my point is that it's completely unreasonable for some people to judge Belichick after just 2 years without Brady. 2020 was Cam and we had so many covid opt outs (still went 7-9) and last year of course was a rookie QB with a lot of new parts to the offense (henry, smith, bourne, etc). It's sad to see parts of our fanbase rooting for Belichick to fail so that their hero (Tommy) looks like he carried him to the super bowl.

It's funny how much you want to ignore context. In those 9 years without Brady, he's had no other star QBs.
So you believe Mac Jones is not a star QB...... interesting.....
In Cleveland, it was an aging Kosar and Testeverde. Heck, the QB situation there was so bad Belichick even brought in Phil Simms for a visit. And in NE, it was one year each of Bledsoe, Cassel, Cam, and Mac. Give him a decent QB and he'll work wonders. Belichick would have won multiple super bowls (3-4) with Peyton, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. It's not like Brady would have been the only QB who would have been successful here.
You don't have the first clue how Belichick would have done with Manning, Mahomes or Rodgers. Once you have to play make believe to support your point, you only show how weak your point is, and all your make believe does nothing to change the fact that...

Belichick without Brady: 9 years, 1 playoff victory
Brady without Belichick: 2 years, 5 playoff victories, 1 Super Bowl Championship

Yup. Same tired old argument. "Take away all of Belichick's bad years, and what you have left over isn't really so bad!!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"It's unfair to count 1991 and 1992 because reasons! And it's unfair to count 1995! And you can't count 2000, that wouldn't be fair!! And it's also unfair to count 2020 and 2021 because more reasons!!!"

So you believe Mac Jones is not a star QB...... interesting.....

You don't have the first clue how Belichick would have done with Manning, Mahomes or Rodgers. Once you have to play make believe to support your point, you only show how weak your point is, and all your make believe does nothing to change the fact that...

Belichick without a good QB: 9 years, 1 playoff victory
Brady without Belichick: 2 years, 5 playoff victories, 1 Super Bowl Championship

FIFY, Gisele.

And no, Mac is not a star QB...yet.

Try answering the question about how Brady would do in Tampa without Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, and Fournette? I'm guessing not very well since the evidence (last 2 years in NE) suggests it.

Last edited:
Try answering the question about how Brady would do in Tampa without Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, and Fournette? Much better than Belichick ever did without Brady, that's for sure.
FIFY, Linda.

FIFY, Gisele.

And no, Mac is not a star QB...yet.

Try answering the question about how Brady would do in Tampa without Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, and Fournette? I'm guessing not very well since the evidence (last 2 years in NE) suggests it.
A superbowl win and a playoff appearance not too shabby.

Anyways not the place to derail this thread any further than it already has.

Give him a decent QB and he'll work wonders.
So you're saying he'll only go as far as his quarterback will take him? Sounds right.

Belichick would have won multiple super bowls (3-4) with Peyton, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. It's not like Brady would have been the only QB who would have been successful here.
All three of those quarterbacks have lost with better teams than Brady won Super Bowls with. Mahomes wouldn't be better off with another head coach... I think Reid will maximize Mahomes capabilities as much or more than any HC. Rodgers is not a clutch quarterback and he always seems to come up small in the biggest moments. Rodgers doesn't have the it factor like Brady. Peyton also is a choker who would have disappointedly finished his career with one ring had it not been for Denver's defense in 2015.

And it's very clear that Brady in his old age cannot play at an elite level without super star players around him. This was proven from 2018-2019 when Bill and the D carried the offense. Then all of a sudden Brady goes to Tampa and Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, and Fournette propped him up so that his stats look good. Once two of those pieces were not there last year, the offense sputtered for most of the game against the Rams (that is, until LAR started fumbling and the momentum shifted). He'd be a 25-30 TD guy without them at his age....which is ok, but nothing to write home about.
You're completely making that up. He's a 40 TD quarterback right now. He's led the NFL in TDs multiple times throughout his career including last season. His age hasn't slowed him down; he's playing as well now as at any point in his career. The Bucs propped up Brady... lol... that's why they went 18 years without a playoff win until Brady showed up. Literally the worse franchise winning percentage in all of professional team sports until they won the Super Bowl with Brady.

I never discredited Tommy Kardashian's playing career, maybe a game per game performance but he is talented as a QB. As an individual that's another story, Tommy Kardashian, is what he is, I call him a POS. He is so much into himself. At Kourtney Kardashian's wedding to Tom Blake, Tommy Kardashian was there sucking up the camera. He wants to insert shots from the wedding into his fixed golf match with Arron Rodgers. Payten Manning is laughing about Tommy's golf game. Payten was surprised when he received his Brady retirement gift back from Tom Kardashian Brady.
POS is harsh. You should reserve that for players with far more egregious conduct (like assaulting women and children). So Brady spazzed out at a wedding?... so what? It has no bearing on his football career. For me this type of off filed stuff is entirely boring and not worth my time.

FIFY, Linda.

Really? Like back to back Super Bowls at a time when football was less watered down than it is today? Like I told you and others, Matt Stafford basically had the same performance in 2021 that Brady had in 2020.

Really? Like back to back Super Bowls at a time when football was less watered down than it is today? Like I told you and others, Matt Stafford basically had the same performance in 2021 that Brady had in 2020.
WTF does that have to do with anything? Matt Stafford is no Brady, but he is nevertheless a great quarterback and a champion. In the season opener coming up this September, he will become the fastest QB to 50,000 yards. Now that he is (finally) out of that sh*tshow in Detroit, he will be able to get better recognition for being the great QB he always has been.

What any of the above has to do with Brady/Belichick remains a complete mystery.....

WTF does that have to do with anything? Matt Stafford is no Brady, but he is nevertheless a great quarterback and a champion. In the season opener coming up this September, he will become the fastest QB to 50,000 yards. Now that he is (finally) out of that sh*tshow in Detroit, he will be able to get better recognition for being the great QB he always has been.

What any of the above has to do with Brady/Belichick remains a complete mystery.....
He's trying to marginalizing Brady by comparing him to a quarterback who just had a great season... lol!

You are thumping your chest about Brady winning the SB in Tampa...when Stafford just did the same thing. Maybe you should rethink that...just a thought. The league is so watered down now that guys like Stafford (someone this board said was not a HOFer by consensus a few months ago) are at the top of the league.

You are thumping your chest about Brady winning the SB in Tampa...
If it’s so easy then why can’t Belichick come within sniffing distance of doing so as a HC without Brady?
when Stafford just did the same thing.
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I mean, someone wins it every year. It doesn’t minimize Brady’s achievements just because someone else happened to win it this past year.

Maybe
The league is so watered down now that guys like Stafford (someone this board said was not a HOFer by consensus a few months ago) are at the top of the league.
I am not responsible for what other people on “the board” say, I am only responsible for myself, and I will state most emphatically that Stafford will be in Canton approximately 5 years after he retires. Quite honestly, I don’t think most people realize just how great he is statistically.

That's your problem right there... you hate the person so much it clouds your judgment of the player. You feel compelled to discredit his accomplishments as a player as means of dumping on the person. I don't understand why you hate him so much, seems disproportional to the actual person, but I really don't care unless you carry it over into his football career, where he's pretty untouchable at this point... his career is about as close to perfection as any professional athlete has ever gotten.
WOW, do you have a doll of Brady that you take to bed with you at night? He is a narcissist human being that is and was a sports jock, he is not God. Maybe in his own mind he thinks he is. Maybe in your mind as well.

So you're saying he'll only go as far as his quarterback will take him? Sounds right.

All three of those quarterbacks have lost with better teams than Brady won Super Bowls with. Mahomes wouldn't be better off with another head coach... I think Reid will maximize Mahomes capabilities as much or more than any HC. Rodgers is not a clutch quarterback and he always seems to come up small in the biggest moments. Rodgers doesn't have the it factor like Brady. Peyton also is a choker who would have disappointedly finished his career with one ring had it not been for Denver's defense in 2015.

You're completely making that up. He's a 40 TD quarterback right now. He's led the NFL in TDs multiple times throughout his career including last season. His age hasn't slowed him down; he's playing as well now as at any point in his career. The Bucs propped up Brady... lol... that's why they went 18 years without a playoff win until Brady showed up. Literally the worse franchise winning percentage in all of professional team sports until they won the Super Bowl with Brady.

POS is harsh. You should reserve that for players with far more egregious conduct (like assaulting women and children). So Brady spazzed out at a wedding?... so what? It has no bearing on his football career. For me this type of off filed stuff is entirely boring and not worth my time.
But you keep posting so your statement isn't true. Do you know who you are and how you/truly feel about Tommy?

Yup. Same tired old argument. "Take away all of Belichick's bad years, and what you have left over isn't really so bad!!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"It's unfair to count 1991 and 1992 because reasons! And it's unfair to count 1995! And you can't count 2000, that wouldn't be fair!! And it's also unfair to count 2020 and 2021 because more reasons!!!"
you sound like a blithering idiot of Brady fan boy who has NO idea of the meaning of CONTEXT and understanding how FA has changed over the years. FA might have existed while Bill was in Cleveland but was MUCH more limited than it is now, and NO I have no wish to explain it to you since you are a blithering idiot of a Brady fan boy who only understands simpler concepts. Suffice it to say that during Bill's time in Cleveland there was only ONE way to build a program in the NFL and that was through the draft. The Browns were the Jags of the NFL back then and it took a few years to develop the program and improve the talent. It took 4 years for the Browns to get back to the playoffs and win a game, in the 5th year the started very strong but collapsed after it was made public the team was being moved. The local media never forgave Bill for being....well Bill, (and he was worse then than he is now) and piled on as he went out the door.

Brady walked in to the team with the BEST offensive skill position group in the NFL to start with and THEN they added Gronk, AB, and Fornett. Brady has thrived and I'm thrilled for him, but if you can't see how the Buc weren't just a one man team they you really don't understand a thing about football. And if you think the only reason the Pats won 6 superbowls went to 9 was Brady, then you just insulted the other 52 players that were on the Brady era Pats teams. If you only listened to EVERYTHING that Brady has said about the influence on him over the years you'd get a GLIMPSE of how much Bill played in what success he had over the years.

Did you even wonder WHY all those teams were willing to deal with the effort required to be a Patriot under Bellichick. It was because ALL those players BELIEVED that the game plans they were given every week put them in the best position to win those games. They didn't just "think" it. They KNEW It, especially after the losses.

So feel free to smugly trot out the same 3 stats that the small mined trot out to prove that it was ALL Tom Brady and on one else responsible for the Pats 20 year run of unparallelled success, and can transfer your allegiance to Tampa Bay, because it will be a while before I will take whatever you write seriously. Just sayin'

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back