PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Second Circuit Judges: Parker, Katzmann, Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chin presided over Bernie Madoff's trial. Damn.

Interessting note on Barrington Parker is that he is one of only a few judges to be appointed to the federal bench by a President and then later promoted by a President from an opposing political party.

Chin:

"In 1990, he joined the law firm Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard, P.C., where he specialized in labor and employment law and represented employees and unions."

Denny Chin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parker is a little more iffy I guess. He was appointed originally by Clinton to the SDNY, but Bush appointed him to the 2d Circuit.

So you have the Chief Judge and two other high-powered, well respected judges of the US Federal Court of Appeals that preside over major cases on a daily basis and are one promotion away from the US Supreme Court must now hear a labor law dispute in which it's genesis is born from deflated footballs caused by atmospheric conditions and led by an agenda-driven idiot commissioner and bratty owners.

So f***ing stupid it's embarrassing. I can't even begin to think how other countries around the world perceive this madness.

Last edited:
On the surface this is good news but I will wait for PF74 and ct to weigh in with more knowledge.

So you have Chief Judge and two other high-powered, well respected US Federal Court judges that preside over major, major issues on a daily basis and are one promotion away from the US Supreme Court and now they need to hear a labor law dispute in which it's genesis is born from deflated footballs caused my atmospheric conditions and driven by an idiot commissioner and bratty owners.

So f***ing stupid it's embarrassing. I can't even begin to think how other countries around the world perceive this madness.

So very true.

Chin:

"In 1990, he joined the law firm Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard, P.C., where he specialized in labor and employment law and represented employees and unions."

Denny Chin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parker is a little more iffy I guess. He was appointed originally by Clinton to the SDNY, but Bush appointed him to the 2d Circuit.

re: Parker- His dad presided over the Hinkley trial.

First Berman now this draw, karma seems to be catching up with Roger.

The oral arguments are set for 2pm next Thursday (3/3).

So very true.

As fans we get so immersed in the details of IGL and the league BS and when you come up for air and think about it, it's a total and complete embarrassment that these Federal Judges- who are tasked with interpreting the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights need to preside over THIS?

Its very possible that 4 of the people involved in this case will be considered and potentially nominated for the US Supreme Court.

It's probably like the scene in Rounders with all the judges smoking cigars playing $20 hands of poker, drinking scotch talking about this case....

"Are you kidding me? I don't want to deal with this stupidity!"

"This Goodell guy is a complete idiot. He has no chance."

"If they argue nonsense with me they will wish they hadn't been born."

I'm kinda speechless right now.....

I hope the NFL counsel digs in like last time, taking the position that Article 46 entitles them to do whatever they want to any player. Sure to impress.

Hopefully what you are speaking to will play into NFLPA's hands in the form of judicial impatience and disgust, as you express.

But I'm worried about you man! You need to renew your faith in humanity and civilization. Maybe it would help to watch some presidential candidate debates or speeches to see that one of the other branches of government is in better shape...oh, wait.

So you have the Chief Judge and two other high-powered, well respected US Federal Court judges of the 2nd district that preside over major, major cases on a daily basis and are one promotion away from the US Supreme Court and now they need to hear a labor law dispute in which it's genesis is born from deflated footballs caused by atmospheric conditions and driven by an agenda-driven idiot commissioner and bratty owners.

As fans we get so immersed in the details of IGL and the league BS and when to come up for air and think about it, it's a total and complete embarrassment that these Federal Judges- who are tasked with interpreting the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights need to preside over THIS?

Its very possible that 4 of the people involved in this case will be considered and potentially nominated for the US Supreme Court.

I'm kinda speechless right now.....

So you have the Chief Judge and two other high-powered, well respected US Federal Court judges of the 2nd district that preside over major, major cases on a daily basis and are one promotion away from the US Supreme Court and now they need to hear a labor law dispute in which it's genesis is born from deflated footballs caused by atmospheric conditions and driven by an agenda-driven idiot commissioner and bratty owners.

Actually, like many important cases, while the heart of the matter is silly, there are important legal ramifications.
Look at it this way. They are setting precedent for the rights of unionized workers. If a unionized $12 an hour unskilled worker gets fired for something they didn't do, because the boss of the company decided he could create his own set or rules for infractions that he decided he wanted to. So, wearing the wrong shoes could be determined to be putting employees at risk and even though the prescribed penalty for wearing the wrong shoes is a fine, the owner could say that she is fired because its 'conduct detrimental to the company'.
THAT is what judges are looking at when they rule, the far reaching impact of the decision as precedent, not specifically the impact on just the parties involved or the silliness of the dispute.

Hopefully what you are speaking to will play into NFLPA's hands in the form of judicial impatience and disgust, as you express.

I hope so.

But I'm worried about you man! You need to renew your faith in humanity and civilization. Maybe it would help to watch some presidential candidate debates or speeches to see that one of the other branches of government is in better shape...oh, wait.

Every time I watch I get pissed off. When a candidate starts telling Americans to stop asking for handouts and blaming their lot in life on someone else and stand up, find a way to be self-sufficient and be a responsible, earning, contributing citizen of this country I just might have more faith in the electoral process. Its a clown show right now. Every candidate is un-electable. Incredible.

Moving on....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill