PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Second Circuit Judges: Parker, Katzmann, Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it doesn't. SCOTUS denying cert lets the lower court decision stand but does not create any nationwide rule or precedent.

If CA2 upholds Berman and SCOTUS denies cert, only courts in the Second Circuit are bound by the precedent. Courts elsewhere in the country are free to ignore it. By contrast, if SCOTUS took the case and upheld CA2 upholding Berman all courts in the country would have to follow that precedent.

It won't change existing USSC precedent on law the shop. That's all I meant. I'm assuming there is USSC precedent that acknowledges it.

All of it. The public just doesn't care.

The time to be noisy and aggressive has come and gone. Kraft rolled over with a whimper.

Other than Pats fans and Pats haters, I doubt that many people followed the case very closely beyond ESPN headlines and a few late night comedian jokes when the story first broke.

When Berman's ruling came down, I'm sure at least a few of the general public wondered, "hmmmmmm what's going on here?" NFL then went on the defensive.

When the decision gets affirmed by CA2, the general public may start asking more and more questions. After all, a lot of taxpayer money is going into new stadiums and such.

At the end of the day, Goodell, the owners, the league, and the sports media are going to come out of this looking very stupid. Patriots fans are going to justifiably livid if we're not compensated somehow for the loss of the picks and the people responsible are allowed to keep their jobs.

Other than Pats fans and Pats haters, I doubt that many people followed the case very closely beyond ESPN headlines and a few late night comedian jokes when the story first broke.
Yeah, it was barely covered in the media. :rolleyes:
When Berman's ruling came down, I'm sure at least a few of the general public wondered, "hmmmmmm what's going on here?" NFL then went on the defensive.

When the decision gets affirmed by CA2, the general public may start asking more and more questions. After all, a lot of taxpayer money is going into new stadiums and such.

At the end of the day, Goodell, the owners, the league, and the sports media are going to come out of this looking very stupid. Patriots fans are going to justifiably livid if we're not compensated somehow for the loss of the picks and the people responsible are allowed to keep their jobs.
Your naivete is adorable. Don't ever change!

I anticipate both the content and presentation of the NFL's argument to be significantly improved from the debacle in front of Judge Berman.
I would never anticipate anything but incompetence from them, but you never know I guess.

I would never anticipate anything but incompetence from them, but you never know I guess.

You are most emphatically not going to get incompetence from Paul Clement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents