PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Returns to Foxboro on Sunday Night, October 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa's weaknesses are the secondary and the o-line. Those units were good enough to win the SB last year but nothing to write home about. If Cam improves, it's a game that NE can win.
Tampa was a top 5 OL last year. Their secondary is underrated. They handled Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes just fine so I think they can handle Cam and his 90 yard passing games even better than that.

Bucs roll. Poor Bill - I wouldn't want to imagine the questions he'll face after the game.

Wonder what Bill and Nike talk about on their evening walks

Are you talking more their team weaknesses before Brady joined? Because they drafted Wirfs who is a top10 tackle and Winfield, basically solidified both areas last year which is how they went on a run.

Wirfs and Marpet are probably their best lineman, but the rest of them are just ok (Jensen, Cappa, Smith).

Winfield is pretty good but he's just a second-year player. I'd rather have NE's secondary.

Tampa was a top 5 OL last year. Their secondary is underrated. They handled Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes just fine so I think they can handle Cam and his 90 yard passing games even better than that.

Bucs roll. Poor Bill - I wouldn't want to imagine the questions he'll face after the game.
Just curious Sb, have you officially jumped ship and are now routing for the Bucs? Sure sounds like it.

Just curious Sb, have you officially jumped ship and are now routing for the Bucs? Sure sounds like it.
Nah. Just not very optimistic about this one. :(

If Mac starts I might start to think differently.

Remember, this is a Bucs team that barely beat Tyler Heinicke last year. And if it weren't for Brees 3 INTs and Packers coaching mistakes, they could have just as easily lost the other playoff games too. The Bucs are the defending super bowl champs, but not world-beaters. I am confident that Bill and Josh can come up with a good game plan against the Bucs coaches, who I don't think are great.

Last edited:
Remember, this is a Bucs team that barely beat Tyler Heinicke last year. And if it weren't for Brees 3 INTs and Packers coaching mistakes, they could have just as easily lost the other playoff games. The Bucs are the defending super bowl champs, but not world-beaters. I am confident that Bill and Josh can come up with a good game plan against the Bucs coaches, who I don't think are great.
You sound like other teams fans when they used to lose big games to the Pats early in the dynasty. If only... yeah but... if this, if that... shoulda coulda woulda....

The Autumn Wind is a buccaneer
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a pewter hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

Pillaging just for fun.
He'll get knocked 'round and turned upside down,
And pout and refuse to shake hands when he's been conquered and done

Here's a link to the Bucs forum for anyone who's interested...

Gotta head back for this one I guess. Even if it's a blow out.

Not sure TB has the players to defend the Pats smashmouth run game. Brady will be on the bench for most of this one. Dominate TOP. Giants/Bills. Pats/Giants gameplan in effect.

Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a pewter hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

Pillaging just for fun.
He'll get knocked 'round and turned upside down,
And pout and refuse to shake hands when he's been conquered and done
Hoping to see some very aggressive blitz packages I want Tom to be scared to step into his throws.

Not sure TB has the players to defend the Pats smashmouth run game. Brady will be on the bench for most of this one. Dominate TOP. Giants/Bills. Pats/Giants gameplan in effect.
Well the Bucs were 1st against the run last year. If we think we are gonna run all over them, we are in for a long night.

That was last year. LOL. All those players can't be coming back right??...

I'm pretty sure they're returning all of their starters in 2021. I think they'll find some ways to run on them, but Belichick doesn't typically gameplan by smashing his head against the other team's strength. We probably pass more in this game because even with Cam you're more likely to score throwing on their secondary than you are running into their line. There's also a better than average chance we're trailing in this game, so we're going to have to throw if we want to compete.

You're not beating that Bucs Defense running the ball you need those short quick passes that New Orleans love to use but even then you need a highly accurate QB for that to happen.

I kinda wished it was a bit later in the season, when there was is a *slight chance* Mac plays.
I already thought there was a solid chance Mac is a healthy scratch for the first month or so but this makes me think there is even less chance he starts early on unless he really lights it up in camp. I can't imagine they want to subject a rookie QB to the amount of hype and craziness that will surely surround this game especially this early in his career. I am also nervous that if we are off to a slow start, 0-3, 1-3, whatever it is when we play Tampa that game could be a deathblow to the season. Get our doors blown in on national TV with all the talking heads buzzing about Brady's return. Obviously all of this is a long way off and a million things could change between now and then but I am already anxious about Tom's return.

I kinda hope that if it’s Cam playing, they make him looks so bad that we can see Jones play for the rest of the season. If this scenario occurs it would be a win for us.
or we get week 2 vs Seahawks Cam

What? Tampa was the #1 run defense in the NFL, and they're mostly intact from last year. Our priority should be a decent passing game this year. We're getting blown out if we go into the Tampa game relying on only a run game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down