PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady relieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000army

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
No more having to defend Moss to the Media and no more having to force the pass into Moss to keep him happy which after his blow up at half time and on the plane ride home was evident.

Brady's only 2 picks were when the ball was forced to a well covered Moss instead of looking for the open receiver.

Looking forward to a Moss less offense with Brady at the helm.

Brady is still in Miami. Who knows how he feels?:

I am sure he's more resigned than relieved. It was great while it lasted, but things went south and he'll have to adapt, which he has the confidence to do. It seems well reported that he knew well before the Miami game that this (or something like this) was going to happen, and he was fired up before, during and after the game, and jovial afterwards (as was BB). It seems to me they had moved on already before the Miami game.

Brady is still in Miami. Who knows how he feels?:

You mentioned this on another thread.(Edit: Oops; you didn't; wrong thread. Hard to keep track!) It shouldn't be a surprise. G&Son were there Monday night. I get the impression from Butler's Twitter that he stayed in FLorida too, so maybe they gave players the option. Lots of Fla guys on that team.

Last edited:
I tried to start a similar thread yesterday, but mods merged it with the other hysterical breakdown threads. Here goes again

"Yes, every word out of Brady's mouth is pro-Pats, pro-Krafts, pro-teammates, pro-team. He embodies every aspect of this organization...and since the new contract....he is carrying the kool-aid like never before. But if you closely examine his relationship with Moss, it has been very clear that Brady has paid special attention to Moss the player, Moss the ego, Moss the vulnerable.
I strongly believe that Moss is very aware his place in NFL history today....and where he wants to be on the totem pole when his career is over. And I believe that Brady felt an enormous responsibity to maintain Moss' numbers....and who can argue with the results. But with this responsibity, one could argue that achieving Moss' numbers has been detrimental to the team at times. Was it a big deal for Brady to be emotional advisor on the sidelines last year during the few games where Moss' output was marginal? Was it in the best interests of the team when Brady was forcing throws to Moss vs the Jets this year, in order to prove that Revis can't contain the future Hall of Famer?
We have all seen Brady's recent 4th quarter numbers....not good. We have all watched Brady have those ugly moments, firing into triple coverage, usually in Moss' direction. Head scratchers?
Now as the dust settles after this trade, Brady has been relieved of the one burden on his shoulders that has gone against the Patriots Way....padding stats. From here on out, Brady will will be firing the ball to a bunch of minimum wage freshman and sophmores, and Wes Welker, who exemplifies hustle and hard work. Back to the days of 7 players making catches, spreading it around to the open guy. I for one loved the Pats no huddle vs Miami. Brady taking charge using all his options. Reminded me of the Weiss offense....keep 'em off balance and their heads on a swivel. Let Brady be Brady again."

I am sure he's more resigned than relieved. It was great while it lasted, but things went south and he'll have to adapt, which he has the confidence to do. It seems well reported that he knew well before the Miami game that this (or something like this) was going to happen, and he was fired up before, during and after the game, and jovial afterwards (as was BB). It seems to me they had moved on already before the Miami game.

Exactly, my guess is this has been BB's plan since mid 2009. With the running game seemingly in order, the answer is already here. We just didn't realize until yesterday we had a question.

Last edited:
Can somebody please throw this thread in with all the other dumb threads please?

Can somebody please throw this thread in with all the other dumb threads please?

Why is this a dumb thread? I have heard two people say Brady signed off on this trade.... I think the question is relevant. No one said you had to read it.

No more having to defend Moss to the Media and no more having to force the pass into Moss to keep him happy which after his blow up at half time and on the plane ride home was evident.

Brady's only 2 picks were when the ball was forced to a well covered Moss instead of looking for the open receiver.

Looking forward to a Moss less offense with Brady at the helm.

My God, you'd think after numerous posters here broke the plays down, and after Dilfer did the same, people here would realize that Moss was the 4th progression on the 1st INT and that he was the only receiver who wasn't double covered.

Can we please stop with this now?

I mean, what about the reverse scenario? What about Brady throwing to Moss who was breaking between 2 Bills defenders while he had an open guy in the flat? How did that turn out? 40 yard TD!!!

Translation: Brady SHOULD have thrown the ball that became an INT against the Bills (it was his only viable target) but he shouldn't have thrown the ball against the Bills that became a TD (unless of course he was POSITIVE that he could beat the defenders).

You can't win with these myths once they start.

Three points.

One, we don't know how Brady is feeling. We can only speculate.

Two, I think a lot of people are projecting their wishes onto TB. Brady throws an INT? Had to be because of Randy. Brady's forcing the ball to Moss too often? Had to be because he respected RM's place in NFL history. There's just no way we can know that either are the case.

Three, we'll know how Brady feels not by what he says, but by how he plays over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3