PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady "Pleads the 5th" when asked if he feels appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said plenty of blame to go around. That being said it is Butler's own fault he got benched. Too bad we didn't trade him away last offseason.

How so?

What did Butler do to deserve benching in the superbowl.

Please list the infraction and the source that told you this information.

bb did the right thing not playing butler. he was an emotional basket case on the sideline crying like a baby. if I'm the coach I don't put a player in who cant keep it together. maybe if he wasn't crying like a child bb would have eventually put him in the game. either way, the game was lost when Brady was stripped of the ball. or fumbled it away. take your pick.

The game was lost prior to kickoff when a highly suspect game plan on defense was implemented.

For anyone who still had their heads stuck in the sand this latest interview proves beyond a doubt that players on the roster resent Bill for benching Butler and hold him at least partially responsible for the team losing the Super Bowl. Win or lose Brady would still be involved in drama with the coach due to Guerrero but the Butler decision pushed everything over the top and is why we’re seeing Brady act like he is.

Edit: of course someone immediately hits disagree on this post. So predictable.

Last edited:
Yeah, there is a difference between trying to get the most out of someone, and publicly antagonizing a guy who carried you to a playoff win with a few dozen stitches in his throwing hand.

Belichick is who he is. He is going to antagonize Brady, because that's how he gets the most out of him. I am convinced that BB is the best best coach for the job, and Brady is the best QB for the job. I'm not going to get into a who's better debate, because it's a moot point. It's like to trying to say which Beatle was better, Lennon or McCartney. Neither. Separately, they are good, together, great. Legendary.

That doesn't mean that BB is infallible. Should he have put Butler in when the D was getting lit up? Yup. The 4th and 2 call sucked. Signing Adalius Thomas was a lousy signing. Were there players in this years draft that could have helped us in the 3-4th rounds? Yup. But he's a stubborn bastard, and he believes what he believes. Do I wish he would give us answers? Yup. Infuriating? Yup. But there's no other coach I'd rather have.

How so?

You imply that if fans don’t know exactly what happened that proves nothing happened. That’s not correct.

Couldn’t have been too bad. Vrabel didn’t hesitate to scoop him up.

Wow--it needs to be spelled out to people.

Brady attributes his success and longevity to his training.

Belichick believes you can't have too many voices in the training room.

These two FACTS are incompatible unless both sides make accommodations. Brady has every right to be frustrated that the thing he attributes his success to was ushered out of th locker room.

Just live with it. People live with these fundamental differences all the time. It doesn't make Belichick disrespectful nor does it make Brady a baby. If Brady had survived the last 18 years without the help of his unique training regimen, there'd be no problem at all. But there are hardly any QBs out there who have managed that.

Belichick is who he is. He is going to antagonize Brady, because that's how he gets the most out of him.

Someone can feel free to correct me here, But i don't ever recall bill publicly talking **** about Brady the way he has the last couple of years.

Throwing him under the bus for deflategate(The result of false allegations by the colts), then instead of saying something like "Toms a tough guy" when asked about The huge ****ing gash on his hand Bill Mocks him saying "it's not like it was brain surgery"

BB has gotten more and more publicly aggressive towards Brady, and Brady has every right to talk back.

Have heard several of these Jim Grey interviews and they sound painfully scripted in some effort to help #12 with his marketing, if he is unhappy tell us or get out of your contract..

I do not have any issue with BB pushing #12 or any player, remember the adage no one player is bigger than the team..

Every week when Josh develops the game plan he first gives it to Bill and then he reviews it with #12 before it is presented to the team.. not sure what a QB can expect more than that, have seen BB give #12 much praise in many settings.. this is who BB is and do not expect some kumbaya dude to be in that hoodie..

No worries these comments will all be dissected on Sportstalk radio today.. even after the Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox all played last night.. for some reason they want to perpetuate the conspiracy theory about the Patriots.. "I told you so" will the theme of the day, good day for Pandora... there is a rumor that they are going to play these interviews backwards to find hidden messages..
And make no mistake about it. They've already connected the dots all the way to a dire conclusion even before any dots have been manufactured. Don't bother tuning in. You already know what they're going to say. The goal of these shows are to keep you feeling bad about your teams wether they are doing good or bad.

If Belichick thought Butler was too short to defend tall WRs in the Super Bowl, I’m so glad we drafted a 5’10 CB :-/

If Belichick thought Butler was too short to defend tall WRs in the Super Bowl, I’m so glad we drafted a 5’10 CB :-/

That CB was drafted in part so the team would have the depth necessary to not have to run that alignment in the future.

The platitudes afterwards are surely great and what's come to be expected from Tommy. The 'plead the 5th' thing appears to intentionally stir the pot and create drama and dysfunction.
Especially since this is Brady's ongoing hand-picked media crony Jim Gray. There's no way Gray wasn't fed that question by Brady so Brady could give the answer he'd already worked out ahead of time.

How so?

We have been through this dozens of time including the sources inside the defensive backfield who said that Butler definitely is not innocent in the entire debacle. Get off your lazy ass and look through it. I will not spoonfeed it to you.

The game was lost prior to kickoff when a highly suspect game plan on defense was implemented.

What a bunch of garbage. The game was not lost by the gameplan but by players ****ing up snaps on FGs, missing throws and catches, not tackling opponents that are right in front of them, giving up pressures that lead to strip sacks and tight decisions that went against them.

If you lose a game by 2-3 scores then the gameplan was ****. In this case the players failed to execute some of the most fundamental aspects of football. You dont need a gameplan to properly wrap up when tackling, or to know not to jump **** first into a player on a crucial third down. But sure lets blame the coaching staff for all of the above.

Nobody is saying that the gameplan was great but stating that the game was lost before it began is among the most ******ed takes in an offseason full of idiocy.

As coach usually says a game comes down to a few plays here and there. Brady played well for a vast majority of the plays. If you are trying to place blame on Brady you should also look at the olineman who let the defender close to the ball. Taking Butler out meant, as coach says, if a play here and there can change the outcome of the game, he would not be there to make it. That in itself is hypocritical on B.B.

You are missing the entire point I was trying to make. I am not blaming Brady for the loss but I am pointing out that everyone screwed up. And if you want to blame the lineman for giving up the pressure that led to the strip sack then you have to blame Brady for not throwing the ball to White who was open underneath for about 2 seconds ready to get another first down.

You will find fault at all levels for why the game was lost. Anyone blaming only the defense or coaching is just scapegoating.

What a bunch of garbage. The game was not lost by the gameplan but by players ****ing up snaps on FGs, missing throws and catches, not tackling opponents that are right in front of them, giving up pressures that lead to strip sacks and tight decisions that went against them.

If you lose a game by 2-3 scores then the gameplan was ****. In this case the players failed to execute some of the most fundamental aspects of football. But sure lets blame the coaching staff for all of the above.

Nobody is saying that the gameplan was great but stating that the game was lost before it began is among the most ******ed takes in an offseason full of idiocy.

Ah, so a game plan that had:

1. Chung cover Agholor.
  2. McCourty playing close to the box.
  3. Richards on the field at all, let alone covering Ertz.
  4. Bademosi on the field at all.

...had nothing to do with the loss? The players weren't put in the position to execute because two of them were given assignments that they just simply don't do well (Chung departed from the team the first time around in part because he was misused in that way) and the other two were put on the field because of said game plan when they had no business being on it. So to say that the game plan wasn't the reason they lost the game (before admitting in the final paragraph that the game plan "wasn't great") is an interesting take. A brain dead one that I'll no doubt carve up as we go along. But interesting nonetheless.

Let's start here:

Nobody is saying that the gameplan was great

That you're already beginning to admit this in your first rebuttal is telling.

...had nothing to do with the loss?

You are just building a strawman. You claimed that the game was lost before it even started. I pointed out a ton of issues that cost us a tight game which had absolutely nothing to do with gameplan but with fundamental football.

You are responding with issues and then implying I said that the gameplan had NOTHING to do with the loss which is absolutely not what I wrote.

Stop writing garbage then it will not be immediately destroyed by facts.

You are just building a strawman.

Not even close. You responded with this...

The game was not lost by the gameplan

You then followed it up by claiming that it was due to the players on the field not making plays. Even ignoring that you later contradicted yourself, when you start off your post with the above, you're effectively trying to claim that the loss had nothing to do with the game plan and more to do with the players.

Now, if you want to go ahead and admit that your opinion is that the game plan at least had a LITTLE to do with it, we can certainly go from there. That'll make this quick work and I can begin to chip away at that reasoning.

You claimed that the game was lost before it even started.

It was.

I pointed out a ton of issues that cost us a tight game which had absolutely nothing to do with gameplan but with fundamental football.

How do players play fundamental football when they're put in positions by the coaching staff and its game plan that take them away from what they do best? That's the point.

You are responding with issues and then implying I said that the gameplan had NOTHING to do with the loss which is absolutely not what I wrote.

So the game plan had how much to do with it in your estimation then?

Stop writing garbage then it will not be immediately destroyed by facts.

Is that what's happening here?

How do players play fundamental football when they're put in positions by the coaching staff and its game plan that take them away from what they do best? That's the point.

I guess it is time to hire a guy to run around the sideline and let the receivers know not to jump into the faces of other players. Or the long snapper to properly secure the ball. Or a ST standout player to wrap up properly. Or the QB to throw the ball to the open guy who will get a first down instead of waiting for the intermediate route to develop. I mean how could professionals that have been playing this at that level for many years possibly know any of that ? Right ?

Those are fundamental mistakes that have nothing to do with what player is on the field and what the situation is. But sure lets absolve the players who ****ed
up the most basic things and put all blame on the coaches.

So the game plan had how much to do with it in your estimation then?

Who cares ? Does it make any difference if it is 20:80, 40:60 or 50:50 ?

You could have had the best gameplan of all time and if your players play like they did you might still end up empty handed.

The reality is that the situation is considerably more nuanced than "the game was lost before it began". But keep talking yourself even deeper into a hole.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON SAYS IT WASN'T DISCIPLINARY

Nobody is claiming it was.

Keep digging in the twitter timelines from 1-2 months ago and you will see beat guys having quotes and articles of players saying that Butler didn't play well and it was not surprising that his role got minimized.

And yes it has been discussed dozens of times. Just because you might not have been there doesn't give you any respite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back