PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady "Pleads the 5th" when asked if he feels appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly why I've made my info known in the Butler thread but don't want to include it in every conversation because I don't want to be the mort. But like I keep saying the reason isn't needed for every discussion. Butler was not playing on D the why doesn't matter for every discussion.

Oh did you provide a source in the Butler thread? If not then its just more unsupported nonsense on the same exact level as the 11 out of 12 balls tweet.

Oh did you provide a source in the Butler thread? If not then its just more unsupported nonsense on the same exact level as the 11 out of 12 balls tweet.
you've got me.
All I can say is that if I find other evidence that contradicts my source I won't be stubborn like ESPN and I'll retract. I can't blame you for writing it off as nonsense you don't have the info I do to believe it.
Again this conversation/threas hijack has been about the cards he had available and not the why the deck was not full. And I do understand it's hard to separate the 2.

Last edited:
That's a wonderful grasp of the obvious. Congratulations. I certainly never suggested otherwise.

I don't need "details as to the extent of Brady's discord with BB" to know they have had a superb working relationship for 18 years and that this alleged "discord" drumbeat smacks generally of sensationalized media-perpetuated artifice. I live an hour from Foxboro and have been a Patriots season ticket holder going on 26 years (I actually have personally met Brady/BB/Bob and Jonathan Kraft). Believe me when I tell you that egos might clash in the halls of Gillette but no one is being "abused" or "driven away" by BB's "brutality."

I have done no such thing and your nonsense in this regard has succeeded in pissing me off. Good job. I stated that Brady's comments serve no good end in public forum.

After checking your profile here I see that you're not American and consequently more prone to naievely misinterpret matters relating to BB's allegedly over-the-top "stern behaviour" (as you laughingly put it) than those closer to the game/team on these shores. This actually explains a lot about your obtuse observations regarding football culture in general.
We Americans like our hard-ass coaches that win 70% of games for 2 decades.

Do I ever feel bad for Tom’s feelings? Nope, never.

We Americans like our hard-ass coaches that win 70% of games for 2 decades.

Do I ever feel bad for Tom’s feelings? Nope, never.

This American likes a GOAT QB quite a bit more than a hard-ass coach.

One of the things that I like most about TB12 though is that he's willing to accept hard-ass coaching decisions and move on from them.

I think everyone knows BillB is a hard coach to work for. But, that is his style and this style seems to win championships...

I think one thing to consider about TomB is that he could have asked for TOP QB money MANY MANY times over his career, but he knows that it takes a TEAM to win championships.

One of the things that I like most about TB12 though is that he's willing to accept hard-ass coaching decisions and move on from them.
I like them both equally!

What Butler thread? I'm supposed to go digging for some 3 month old thread now? You're killing me man, I really want to know.

IIRC, he said Steve walked in on Butler in the hotel high and drunk.

I've enlightened the group but I'm not going to run around constantly stating it because I can't reveal my sources.

But the reason Butler got benched is irrelevant to this conversation we Know BB was never playing him because he never played. If you move forward this fact is where this conversation has had it's roots.
Then don’t try to deflect responsiblility of the decision from Belichick. He was dealt anything. He made the call. He had the control. He’s the head coach. He makes the final decision.

The only reason to act like he’s poor guy who had no choice is to remove his culpability from the results of HIS decision.

People are still bellyaching about Butler?

F him. He did something to be benched. He did something for the Pats not to pay him. Some of the Pats players even stated that there was good reason for him to land on the **** list. One guy is responsible for Butler not playing and he dont wear a hoodie with the sleeves cut off.

When Brady gets benched I will start to worry that BB has lost his mind.

Then don’t try to deflect responsiblility of the decision from Belichick. He was dealt anything. He made the call. He had the control. He’s the head coach. He makes the final decision.

The only reason to act like he’s poor guy who had no choice is to remove his culpability from the results of HIS decision.
I’m sure Belichick would have preferred that butler got himself ready to play and worked hard with no distractions in the 2 weeks leading up to the SB. I’m sure he would have played almost every snap if that was the case.

Last edited:

It’s difficult to separate which one is greater. Belichick isn’t “a hard ass coach”, he’s The Hard Ass Coach as in the GOAT coach. They’re both GOAT”s

I never thought about which one I like more because it’s all about the team and results to me.

As time passes, I’ll continue to be a Patriots fan. I’ll look back upon this era in wonder. But my main memories will be about dominance & championships, not just Tom Brady. I didn’t like Bobby Orr more than I liked the Bruins. And Bobby Orr was as great as Brady

It’s difficult to separate which one is greater. Belichick isn’t “a hard ass coach”, he’s The Hard Ass Coach as in the GOAT coach. They’re both GOAT”s

I never thought about which one I like more because it’s all about the team and results to me.

As time passes, I’ll continue to be a Patriots fan. I’ll look back upon this era in wonder. But my main memories will be about dominance & championships, not just Tom Brady. I didn’t like Bobby Orr more than I liked the Bruins. And Bobby Orr was as great as Brady

Brady/Orr is an excellent comparison. Class acts all the way.

I'm in the 'players win games' camp. Coaches can put the players in position but it's the players who win. Even Belichick says that.

People still defending the butler sit down are ridiculous. It's like bill can't do any wrong and he's a genius. I like bill as my coach but we always hear how he's a defensive genius etc. That tag's very overrated. We didn't see much blitzing etc. It was a slow painful death.
Meanwhile, your Jete continue to enjoy a slow, painful ... life? If that's what you actually consider it down there.

Tom shouldve pleaded the 6th (the Brady6)

Brady/Orr is an excellent comparison. Class acts all the way.

I'm in the 'players win games' camp. Coaches can put the players in position but it's the players who win. Even Belichick says that.
I agree for the most part but I think B.B. is an exception. In my opinion, Brady wouldn’t have 5 rings without Belichick.

I also believe both are the best ever, so tough to separate their success. No one can prove any debate saying who is more responsible Brady or Belichick. So it’s a cool debate

I agree for the most part but I think B.B. is an exception. In my opinion, Brady wouldn’t have 5 rings without Belichick.

I also believe both are the best ever, so tough to separate their success. No one can prove any debate saying who is more responsible Brady or Belichick. So it’s a cool debate
Probably not, but Belichick was a season or two away from getting canned without Brady imo.

Neither would have five rings without the other. I think Bill is an outstanding coach and puts together teams that are smart and extremely well disciplined.

That being said Brady's emergence and dominance gave him a lot of time to put it together and also a huge margin for error that he otherwise would not have had.

IMO Tom made Bill's job a lot easier than vice versa.

Last edited:
Neither would have five rings without the other. I think Bill is an outstanding coach and puts together teams that are smart and extremely well disciplined.

That being said Brady's emergence and dominance gave him a lot of time to put it together and a huge amount of margin for error that he otherwise would not have had.

IMO Tom made Bill's job a lot easier than vice versa.

Tom also routinely took less than he could have otherwise gotten as well. That also made Bill's job much easier.

I bet Belichick was smiling when he saw this. This isn't a dig at anybody. It's part of Bill's philosophy, and he would own it. Has everyone forgot how BB likes to crucify Brady in the film room and at team meetings? It's because Brady is a role model, and he can take it. The whole team is built on tough love. So the question was, essentially: "Brady, do you feel loved? Pampered? Attended to?" And of course, Brady is going to say, "uh, *snickers*, not really."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back