PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady "Pleads the 5th" when asked if he feels appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a life long Patriots fan, I think I’d be nuts to not love both Belichick and Brady equally....salt & pepper to me.

I love Brady’s fire and calmness and I love having Belichick’s hard-ass nature. I couldn’t stand Pete Carroll...heck, I still can’t stand that gum chewing, back-slapping cheerleader

Carroll is clearly a good coach. He gets a lot of blame for **** that was Bobby Grier's fault. Grier gave him some ridiculously awful drafts and undermined him with players who would go cry to 'BG' about Carroll *cough* Glenn *cough*.

I might agree with you if this were a true arms-length media question. But this was Jim Gray, Brady's hand-picked media guy. That question was fed to Gray to set up Brady to give the answer he did. So you have to ask yourself why Brady wanted that question and answer out there.

I think Curran's piece today about this has it right -- Curran: Brady has it both ways with his Monday comments
Rightly or wrongly Brady is hacked off and is letting everyone know it. He has put up with a lot of crap over the past few years (mostly from outside the organization) and I think he thinks he is due a temper tantrum. And that is what this is - not a Dez or TO tantrum, but a Brady one.

Carroll is clearly a good coach. He gets a lot of blame for **** that was Bobby Grier's fault. Grier gave him some ridiculously awful drafts and undermined him with players who would go cry to 'BG' about Carroll *cough* Glenn *cough*.
I think he’s an above average coach and a cheerleader. Not many good to great coaches match his sideline antics. I still love watching him flip his headset and cry “Oh no!” when Butler made the INT.

Rightly or wrongly Brady is hacked off and is letting everyone know it. He has put up with a lot of crap over the past few years (mostly from outside the organization) and I think he thinks he is due a temper tantrum. And that is what this is - not a Dez or TO tantrum, but a Brady one.
Well then, it's the most elongated f###### temper tantrum in the history of infantile outbursts.I think it all comes down to $ - as in he wants more.

I think he’s an above average coach and a cheerleader. Not many good to great coaches match his sideline antics. I still love watching him flip his headset and cry “Oh no!” when Butler made the INT.

I don't really like the cheerleader stuff because that whole routine came from a lot of the same people in the media who **** on Belichick now too, just for different reasons.

Pete has won championships at the college and NFL levels so I think he deserves more respect than the people stuck in the 90s with the PomPom Pete meme will give.

Hell, even Belichick defended him for his playcalling at the end of the 2014 SB because it was about time management.

I am sick and tired of this BS media angle.... Go out there and find me someone who LOVES their place of work and LOVES their boss...go on...I'll wait....

Total non-story....

18 weeks and 5 days to kick off....that's what F-ing matters, baby!
I've had bosses I've loved and loved my work from time to time, but you are right that a lot of the time I do not agree with the boss and sometimes I don't love my work, BUT I always show respect for the boss and gratitude for the paycheck that supports my family. If you worked for me and spread rumors about me or us, you would not work for me. Even under the worst of circumstances, I took my manager to a private place and cleared the air. We worked things out and went out for drinks afterwards.

No one on the Pats has handled every aspect of this perfectly over the past year. Of course we experts know exactly how everything should have been handled. We are so smart. Yeah I'm being a little sarcastic as there has been some good posts but a lot of *****ing and sanctimonious preaching heavily mixed in. Now throughout all of this I'm glad we have Tom Brady coming back. As a fan that's watched him and enjoyed not one loosing season since he's been our starter, I'm more than happy to deal with his weirdness he no doubt aquired through his life long obsession with being and staying great and most of all winning. We'll never see another like him.

Hell, even Belichick defended him for his playcalling at the end of the 2014 SB because it was about time management.

One of my favorite BB moments, how many other coaches would have had the sack to not call the TO before that play? Seattle certainly expected him to, he put all the pressure on their sideline and forced the play call by keeping the clock running. “I thought about the timeout and when I looked over there, I don’t know, I just, something just didn’t look right and Matt said you know, ‘Do you want the timeout?’ I said no, just play goal line,”

Last edited:
I might agree with you if this were a true arms-length media question. But this was Jim Gray, Brady's hand-picked media guy. That question was fed to Gray to set up Brady to give the answer he did. So you have to ask yourself why Brady wanted that question and answer out there.

I think Curran's piece today about this has it right -- Curran: Brady has it both ways with his Monday comments
It's laughable for anyone to describe yesterday's production as anything but a neatly packaged public relations exercise.....scripted and rehearsed.

Oh please. This is about PERSPECTIVE, not about Brady suddenly being egregiously transgressed or abused by BB. And I suspect the Guerrero flap is front and center with this.

And you know Brady isn't being egregiously transgressed and/or abused by BB...how? Brady's comments, Guerrero's removal, Gronk's recent actions, Amendola's comments, the Butler situation, all strongly point towards excessively stern behaviour by BB.

Hell no, I'd see to it that cop was disciplined or fired. But that's a poor analogy to begin with.

You mean you'd push back if you felt unfairly treated? But Brady shouldn't because he's wealthy etc.? More than half of humanity would consider you blessed for living in a first world country. Does that mean you don't get to react to anything untoward, ever?

It's laughable for anyone to describe yesterday's production as anything but a neatly packaged public relations exercise.....scripted and rehearsed.

Gray even gave Brady's attorneys the questions ahead of time.

And you know Brady isn't being egregiously transgressed and/or abused by BB...how? Brady's comments, Guerrero's removal, Gronk's recent actions, Amendola's comments, the Butler situation, all strongly point towards excessively stern behaviour by BB.
"Excessively stern behaviour [behavior] by BB." :D Quick! Someone alert the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission!

laughing people 2 .jpg

You mean you'd push back if you felt unfairly treated? But Brady shouldn't because he's wealthy etc.? More than half of humanity would consider you blessed for living in a first world country. Does that mean you don't get to react to anything untoward, ever?
:confused:o_O WTF are you driving at? I wouldn't "push back" against abuse by a public official, I'd go through institutional channels to hopefully see it addressed. What does Brady's wealth have to do with tolerating police harassment? What are you trying to argue? I don't think you even know.

"Excessively stern behaviour [behavior] by BB." :D Quick! Someone alert the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission!

:confused:o_O WTF are you driving at? I wouldn't "push back" against abuse by a public official, I'd go through institutional channels to hopefully see it addressed. What does Brady's wealth have to do with tolerating police harassment? What are you trying to argue? I don't think you even know.

The point is exceedingly simple, yet I'll glad reiterate.

One's possessions or status in life doesn't make one impervious to being upset at negative treatment.

Further, you have no idea to the details and extent of Brady's discord with BB.

Thus, labelling Brady as a crybaby for speaking his mind on this is simply unfitting.

Precisely.

Curran said:
If Brady said nothing more on the topics of happiness and appreciation, Monday would have been a bleak day. Nothing resolved. Brady heading back reluctantly to the salt mines sometime this spring.

But he chose not to. He instead chose to elaborate and convincingly leave the impression that, even if he’s weary of Bill Belichick’s bedside manner, he’ll suck it up because it’s for the best. Belichick is what he is.

This thread can simply be closed following that quote.

The point is exceedingly simple, yet I'll glad reiterate. One's possessions or status in life doesn't make one impervious to being upset at negative treatment.
That's a wonderful grasp of the obvious. Congratulations. I certainly never suggested otherwise.

Further, you have no idea to the details and extent of Brady's discord with BB.
I don't need "details as to the extent of Brady's discord with BB" to know they have had a superb working relationship for 18 years and that this alleged "discord" drumbeat smacks generally of sensationalized media-perpetuated artifice. I live an hour from Foxboro and have been a Patriots season ticket holder going on 26 years (I actually have personally met Brady/BB/Bob and Jonathan Kraft). Believe me when I tell you that egos might clash in the halls of Gillette but no one is being "abused" or "driven away" by BB's "brutality."

Thus, labelling Brady as a crybaby for speaking his mind on this is simply unfitting.
I have done no such thing and your nonsense in this regard has succeeded in pissing me off. Good job. I stated that Brady's comments serve no good end in public forum.

After checking your profile here I see that you're not American and consequently more prone to naievely misinterpret matters relating to BB's allegedly over-the-top "stern behaviour" (as you laughingly put it) than those closer to the game/team on these shores. This actually explains a lot about your obtuse observations regarding football culture in general.

Last edited:
I'm not reading 12 pages of this crap, so I'll just interject a random point that came to my attention listening to some of the stuff that has been on TV. Apologies in advance if it has been mentioned already.

I think it is important to note that Brady made the "I'll take the 5th" comment and THEN made his comments about how much he respected Bill and enjoyed working with him. I would put more credence in this "Brady is taking shots at the Pats" more seriously if he ENDED his comments with the "taking the 5th" statement.

Like in a lot of communications, if you take statements out of context you can change the narrative to one of your own making.

Sorry for the interruption, feel free to go back to your dialog. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes