PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI:I Really let the team down

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fan you forget how much the players put into the season. Brady sounded miserable because he let his teammates down. Sometimes I think he puts to much on himself and it makes him play tight in the playoffs. When he was younger he just went out and played and had fun. Hopefully they get stronger through the draft.

Draft ..............and some valuable Vets. I like those odds rather than a 17% chance at Draft success for a top tier player. TB is going to be 34. Waiting a few more years for the Team to gel is not an option.
2007 was still a better Team and that will put an end to the sports talking heads around here and their "this is a better Team" baloney. I had more fun in 2007 and we were one fluke play away from the whole enchilada.
DW Toys

I can't believe weei is blocked :( I'll have to read this when I get home. *TAG*

Draft ..............and some valuable Vets. I like those odds rather than a 17% chance at Draft success for a top tier player. TB is going to be 34. Waiting a few more years for the Team to gel is not an option.
2007 was still a better Team and that will put an end to the sports talking heads around here and their "this is a better Team" baloney. I had more fun in 2007 and we were one fluke play away from the whole enchilada.
DW Toys

(A) The Patriots aren't years away.
(B) Vets aren't a panacea, either. Remember, the largest FA contract the Pats have ever given out was to Afailius Thomas.

I was shocked he actually said the word "I", TB has recently been saying the word "We" alot, he said it alot after the Baltimore loss last year.

This loss was on him and the offense, no one can blame the defense, given the Jets average starting field position, I don't put alot of blame on the D.

Tommy Clutch is a thing of the past in the post season, long gone and hard find at this point. I think he has some sole searching to do, even as great of a season as he's had, why he is wilting like a daisy when the pressure cooker is turned up in the post season is something that he has to make a decision to realize, accept and correct before anything can change.

Obviously, the offense didn't perform well enough to win yesterday.

But...

To me, the game was played on the drive follwing the Pats first TD (the Jets lead reduced to 3 points). If the Pats D can come up with a 3 and out, I think the Pats are in a great position. Instead, the D gave up a TD, and the Jets lead was back to 10 points less than 3 minutes after Crumpler's TD. 75 yards in 5 plays...talk about a complete breakdown...
Average QB now have great day against Pats defenses...Sanchez has a rating of 70 over his first 2 seasons (that's terrible), but has 3 games above 100 against the Pats. Yesterday was his 2nd best game ever.
This defense was the worst in the NFL on 3rd down, and one of the worst at stopping the pass. Yesterday, they were exposed. And until those issues are fixed (to me, the defense had been getting worse since 2005) Brady will not win another Super Bowl even is he played like the Brady of 2004.

Another stat : yesterday, Brady was hit 7 times and sacked 5 times while no hit were recorded on Sanchez.

Another stat : yesterday, Brady was hit 7 times and sacked 5 times while no hit were recorded on Sanchez.
The sad part is that even when there was mild pressure on Sanchez, he was missing throws, honestly, I felt this was a classic case of the Pats losing a game more than the Jets winning it. Obviously the Jets outplayed the Patriots, but I wish the Pats played better, the stupid fake punt really killed them last night, it just wasn't smart football.

As far as TB saying that he let the team down, I have to agree, but that's no reason to hate him, I think that TB and the Pats will bounce back next season, barring a lockout. He may be dealing with doubt and such due to the last 3 seasons, but he'll get over it and get back to winning.

If you look at the D, they stopped the Jets after the INT. That's something we don't hear a lot about. And if you look at the 28 points surrendered, seven were after the botched Special Teams play on the punt and seven were after the Special Teams failure on the onside kick. In addition, the Jets seemed to get the ball somewhere between the 35 and midfield every time the Pats kicked off.

It's hard to give out good scores to anybody when we're beaten as thoroughly as we were yesterday, but I'm ranking the D at the top, Offense second and Special Teams at the bottom, for what it's worth.

As pissed as we all are at Brady it's no time to give up on him especially since he's not alone among the offensive players who choked (most being experienced veterans). The pressure the Jets got with 3 or 4 man rushes wasn't Brady fault, and the way the receivers were losing battles at the LOS and getting destroyed physically worse than Marvin Harrison did with Ty Law guarding him wasn't Brady's fault.

Improve the interior line (Koppen and Connolly shouldn't be starting), add a #1 receiver who can be counted on at key moments (and no, Moss wasn't a #1 who could be counted on in key moments when all he does is run go routes), promote BOB to full time OC and hire a new QB coach. If Brady still has playoff performances like this when he gets good interior blocking and has receivers who aren't sub-6 feet tall midgets that get killed at the LOS, then it's time to explore beginning the post-Brady era.

If you look at the D, they stopped the Jets after the INT. That's something we don't hear a lot about. And if you look at the 28 points surrendered, seven were after the botched Special Teams play on the punt and seven were after the Special Teams failure on the onside kick. In addition, the Jets seemed to get the ball somewhere between the 35 and midfield every time the Pats kicked off.

It's hard to give out good scores to anybody when we're beaten as thoroughly as we were yesterday, but I'm ranking the D at the top, Offense second and Special Teams at the bottom, for what it's worth.

3 out of the 4 Jets TD drives started in New England territory (one of course being that onside kick where they were already close to the redzone). So yeah, the defense gave up 1 legitimate TD drive which was largely due to 1 big play because the coaches decided to have Butler playing 15 yards of Cotchery. The Jets first TD also was due to a long 3rd down completion because of Butler and absolutely no pass rush. Outside of those 2 plays, the defense was as good as it could have been.

The defense gets an overall good grade in my book. Outside of the TD McCourty gave up and the TD Arrington gave up (both well executed plays requiring great throws from Sanchez when the Jets were already in the red zone) they both had pretty good days in coverage. Meriweather for the most part did his job preventing the big play as the Jets' one big play had nothing to do with him. The run defense wasn't gonna be good with all the injuries and with a defense that has been playing with leads all season. Wilfork was a monster as the Jets did everything they could to run away from him.

Last edited:
I thought it was a good and fair interview. I don't think any true Patriot fan slept good last night. I know I did not.

I said my share of F-Bombs and wirebrushed the office this morning with go Google Belichick, Brady, and Patriots.

That said 14 wins 3 losses ain't nothin' to be a shamed of. In a way, I sorta hope the Jest can win it so they schedule us on opening Thursday night so we can beat em down 38-14 on their banner night and take it from there.

He did let the team down. Brady isn't paid the most in NFL history to be "not bad". Even "pretty good" isn't enough. In the playoffs, he isn't allowed to have off games. That's the burden of making as much as he does in the salary cap era (and yes, we are still in the salary cap era).

Not trying to make excuses for TB but since our last SB he has had different WR personnel to work with. 06 he took us to the AFC championship with Reche Caldwell, 07 speaks to itself when we had Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth and he took us to the SB, 08 he shattered his knee, 09 we had Moss an injured Moss and no Welker, and this year we were a 10-6 team by most people cept the homers. Idk but I think if we have continuity with the offense maybe we can recover that mystique we had in the SB years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes