PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI at 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Brady on with Christian Fauria, and Brady seemed really outgoing and friendly. When he's on with D & C, his mood seems somehow different, IMO.

I wish they'd put him on with D&H. Wonder what the protocol is there. Who gets to chose?

Best one liner:

"Everyone breaks bones over the course of the year."

NFL Football: a very rough, very random, very unpredictable game.

O.K., that settles it. I'm not playing.

And for all the fans that laughed when many of us said yesterday's game was meaningless both in the standings and for the players themselves, well you heard it from the horse's mouth. They didn't lose sleep over losing, and they held back. You play these games for the same reason you play preseason games, to stay sharp, get on the same page--especially Edeman and Brady. I can't say that they did after the shock of the Welker injury, but they certainly tried.

Obviously, those that said that winning or losing the game would not make a difference were correct.

If you disagree, then essentially you don't believe Brady when he says he didn't lose any sleep over it.

I do not believe Brady. You lose your best receiver - you're worried, period.

Did we hear lil Benjamin sneeze during the latter part of the interview? :p

Did we hear lil Benjamin sneeze during the latter part of the interview? :p

Heard that sneeze too. :D

Who was it? Who sneezed on the air during Brady's interview?

I hereby dub this new controversy Sneeze-Gate! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

You must be new to this team then. Welcome!

Brady is a lot of things, but he's never worried. He knows he has a huge range of weapons and has every ability to put up a ton of points, with or without Wes.

That being said, I'm sure he is not happy that Welker is injured. But with the Pats stable of RBs healthy and Randy Moss on the field, there's no doubt they can do some damage to any defense.

Brady is a lot of things, but he's never worried. He knows he has a huge range of weapons and has every ability to put up a ton of points, with or without Wes.

No kidding. I am not going to question Brady when it comes to playing the quarterback position as I don't have a damn clue how to play it. Nor am I privy to the inner workings of the team he plays for.

Last edited:

Our depth at WR is not great, but seeing what Branch, Givens, Patten, etc did once they left New England (aka, not much), and seeing how we almost made it to the Super Bowl with Reche Caldwell as our #1, I feel like Brady is confident he can win with any group of receivers. Of course he wants Wes, Wes is a pro bowl receiver, but Brady's not going to suddenly lose his cool because he has to throw to Edelman now (who, by the way, had 10 catches for 100 yards in that game...)

Listening to Boomer on WEEI, he does not think Wes will be ready by next year if it's an ACL & MCL. Maybe by December but likely not.

Last edited:
I wish they'd put him on with D&H. Wonder what the protocol is there. Who gets to chose?

The team, although the QB and HC have to appear somewhere. Tom being charismatic and diplomatic drew the short straw. That said, regardless of what they are when he's off the air he has them wrapped when he's on and that works for the team. Ditto Bill and the big show crew. They accept you get more insight from Bill if you play it straight and nada if you f with him. When Felger had on air guests (beyond the former punter who learned the hard way you can't befriend a snake) they assigned him Light and Vrabel because they were smart and savvy and gave as good as they got so appropriate foils for Felger's ****stirring forays. Dale and Holley get the guys you don't want to see put in uncomfortable situations because neither is inclined to set these guys up for the cheap shot soundbite at the players ultimate expense.

So did Brady do a third the interview, then had Hoyer do a third, and then have Brady come back on only to have Hoyer do the last 2 minutes of it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He was referring to losing the game, not losing Welker. Obviously, losing Welker is a huge concern.

And just a heads up that BB is on WEEI now for his customary Monday filibuster. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard BB that terse before. He was pissed.

And did I hear that right? "We activated the players who wanted to play".

I couldn't make out whether he said "who wanted to play", or "we wanted to play".

Never heard BB that terse before. He was pissed.

And did I hear that right? "We activated the players who wanted to play".

I couldn't make out whether he said "who wanted to play", or "we wanted to play".

Thought he said "we".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST