PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady MVP Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As crazy as it may seem due to the suspension, officially time to consider Brady in the discussion as the league MVP despite giving everyone else a 4-game head start

4-0
12 TDs / 0 INTs
1,319 Yards / 73% / 9.8 Avg
133.9 QB Rating

Again missing 4 games would usually eliminate one right away, but he's playing at such a high level and there is no clear #1 guy right now. Matt Ryan is currently in the lead but Brady is already closing up the gap on him statistically.

What do you all think of his chances?

Last edited:
Brady is 4-0 which is key.

His chances if he keeps it up are really good but that will be tough.

As crazy as it may seem due to the suspension, officially time to consider Brady in the discussion as the league MVP despite giving everyone else a 4-game head start

4-0
12 TDs / 0 INTs
1,319 Yards / 73% / 9.8 Avg
133.9 QB Rating

There's not a clear cut #1 guy right now, though I'd say Matt Ryan is currently in the lead.

What do you all think of his chances?
Honestly, Pete, I'm surprised you haven't predicted that he'll be dead by morning. New prescription?

There's no way in hell this corrupt league will allow it. ****, I think they're trying their best to slow the Pats down. I don't trust anything this league has to offer. I don't trust the Refs, I don't trust GoToHell, I don't trust the owner's (Kraft included). They sure as hell, wont allow us in the Super Bowl. They've showed us, they do what they want. And get what they want. And they don't care what ANYBODY thinks about it

First things first. I think Brady unequivocally locked up October Offensive POTM after today's game. Therefore, his chief competition is September POTM, LaGarrette Blount.

8-1. All I care about right now.

Are you giving us an automatic win against Seattle?

I honestly hope he has an MVP season but doesn't win... only because I want them to actually win the Super Bowl.

When was the last MVP player to win a Super Bowl?

Well, if this season keeps going how it has been, if Matt Ryan is to be considered his chief competition, the Patriots will be 14-2/15-1 with Brady having 2010 like numbers of 4000/36/0, and the Falcons will be 10-6/11-5 with Ryan having 4500/40/15. I mean, I think that's clear Brady, but whatever. If he wins he wins, but he's obviously the actual MVP in any case, but. We all know that's not the award he cares about.

Are you giving us an automatic win against Seattle?

I honestly hope he has an MVP season but doesn't win... only because I want them to actually win the Super Bowl.

When was the last MVP player to win a Super Bowl?
No, I meant getting to 8-1 is all that matters.

Though, we beat them and I assume we go 10-1.

MVP...

giphy.gif

Well, if this season keeps going how it has been, if Matt Ryan is to be considered his chief competition, the Patriots will be 14-2/15-1 with Brady having 2010 like numbers of 4000/36/0, and the Falcons will be 10-6/11-5 with Ryan having 4500/40/15. I mean, I think that's clear Brady, but whatever. If he wins he wins, but he's obviously the actual MVP in any case, but. We all know that's not the award he cares about.

So he could have more wins in less games played. So basically to justify Ryan winning MVP you would have to be giving him positive credits for the games he lost :D

couldn't care less...they have played 8 games, why is this even being discussed? So many seem overly concerned about Brady's legacy...I just care about SB wins.

Objectively-
I'd say the Pats going 3-1 in Brady's absence might give voters thinking of Brady some pause.

But if he can keep this up and no clear cut argument for anyone else - I think enough voters will overlook it.

couldn't care less...they have played 8 games, why is this even being discussed? So many seem overly concerned about Brady's legacy...I just care about SB wins.

I felt the same way before the was a conspiracy led against him by Goodell, his cronies, NFL owners, and much of the media based on lies and a willful ignorance of middle school science. They went after his reputation and legacy. Meanwhile many other players and former players took their side or kept their mouths shut. Now I want Brady to embarrass and shame them all.

Brady is on pace to win MVP

He needs to go 12-0/11-1 or 10-2 at worst.
He needs 30+ TDs (35 or more be ideal) No more than 10 behind the TD leader though.
He needs better than a 6:1 TD/Int ratio
He needs near 4000 yards

If he does all those things he can win.

With the ratings decline and the heat they are taking for coddling woman beaters, the NFL needs the Patriots and Brady now to be great.

With the ratings decline and the heat they are taking for coddling woman beaters, the NFL needs the Patriots and Brady now to be great.
Yup, after all of that a team and QB widely viewed as serial, recidivist cheaters will be just what the doctor ordered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back