Asking for your support

Does Brady win NFL MVP in 2021

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Brady is now joint odds-on favourite for MVP along with Allen.

Do you guys think he wins?

BBE02C13-05FD-4911-B75D-C75CE78C5147.jpeg

Last edited:
Literally have no idea how Allen is still the co-favorite.

I do. It's his to lose right now IMO.

67% comp, 2650 yards, 25 TD, 5 INT, 108.6 rating

Projected to 17 games that's 5631 yards (NFL record), 53 TD, 11 INT. Schedule is easy. I think no TD's in the Pats game makes him fall short of Manning's TD record but that doesn't matter.

I'm sure some voters would rather see Allen MVP since it's someone new but if Brady is putting up numbers like that then it will be too hard to ignore.

In fact Bills vs Bucs is also odds-on for Superbowl clash

605A5927-9B43-43DD-98DE-49553F08AB4B.jpeg

Last edited:
I do. It's his to lose right now IMO.

67% comp, 2650 yards, 25 TD, 5 INT, 108.6 rating

Projected to 17 games that's 5631 yards (NFL record), 53 TD, 11 INT. Schedule is easy. I think no TD's in the Pats game makes him fall short of Manning's TD record but that doesn't matter.

I'm sure some voters would rather see Allen MVP since it's someone new but if Brady is putting up numbers like that then it will be too hard to ignore.
Of course. Because of the 17 games he could break both TD and passing single season NFL records.

Reactions: sb1

Of all the players in the running, he’s the only one with no case right now to be MVP. In fact, it’s hard to make a case he’s top 3. I can only conclude the oddsmakers look at the last two years and think he’s among the most likely to keep up a high level of play. The Bills have some tough games coming up too.

He has a great shot. Leads the league in yards and touchdowns he will need to keep this pace

This, it baffles my mind why he just stays up near the top, when he plays piss poor vsz miami and the freaking jags.

44 and still dominating.

This, it baffles my mind why he just stays up near the top, when he plays piss poor vsz miami and the freaking jags.
If the Bucs shut down Allen and Brady dominates then that should lock it up.

MVPs and other trophies are mostly marketing gimmicks. Last year, it was about Aaron Rodgers's resurgence. Unless TB12 is the only logical choice, he won't get it.

Tom Brady winning another one does not build a new star nor does it increase his popularity. That's why a guy like Josh Allen is still in the running. That's also why a guy that has already won and has a better case than Allen (Lamar Jackson) is not really in the conversation right now (now, I am not Lamar fan and I think he is a **** passer, but he is dragging the Ravens pretty much by himself).

If Mahomes was having the season Brady is, he likely would be running away with the MVP as the media badly wants him to be a GOAT candidate... just like they tried to elevate guys like Rodgers and P. Manning before.

We could argue that winning at 44 would be quite the headline... but it is already widely accepted that Brady is defying father time. It is not a new narrative and him winning the MVP does not really enhance it. Winning the SB last year already did that.

If the award really went to the MVP, Brady would win it and he would have won it when Matt Ryan did. The games missed excuses were bs.

Last year he threw 40 TDs and didn't make the pro bowl. Too lazy to look it up. But has any other QB ever thrown for 40TDs in a season and not made the pro bowl

Could he become the first to throw 50 TDs and not win MVP?

Unless TB12 is the only logical choice, he won't get it.
He is making that case rather emphatically this season. And something else to consider, he has a HC and OC that want him to get the award unlike when he was with the Pats and Bill's "it is all about winning" mantra. Not sure how many TDs he has from inside the 5, but it's a lot. I think Arians/Leftwich buy in is big here as they want to be the coaching duo to have the only 44 old year league MVP.

Last year he threw 40 TDs and didn't make the pro bowl. Too lazy to look it up. But has any other QB ever thrown for 40TDs in a season and not made the pro bowl

Could he become the first to throw 50 TDs and not win MVP?
No, I did look it up at the time. No QB has ever thrown 40 td's and not made the pro bowl.

Well Lamar’s odds are taking a tumble.

Allen lost to a team that threw 3 passes. He's out of contention now.

More importantly he had two chances in the red zone down just 4 to get a TD and in all likelihood win the game. And failed.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Allen lost to a team that threw 3 passes. He's out of contention now.

Yes Allen dropped to 3rd fav. Rodgers is 2nd fav now. But don’t think Rodgers can win after the lying about vaccines. Think he’s “immunised” against an MVP win.

i think Tom has this in the bag. He’ll beat hsi own record for oldest to win MVP.

041AD31E-1E1E-490C-ACEB-BF9D6B14FBCB.jpeg

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back