PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

So whats the consensus, Clowney or Bridgewater? BRB starting a poll.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 2m

Brady will be fine a source tells me. No timetable or word on availability for f Friday though. #patriotstalk

A sprain is a tear? Then why don't they just call all sprains tears?

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 12s

Per @AdamSchefter, MRI on Tom Brady's knee was negative and he now is considered day to day (via ESPN source with knowledge of injury).

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m

For #Patriots QB Tom Brady and his not-serious knee injury: I'm told it's a sprain. More tests tonight.

Well, and there it is.

Never mind. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm still a tad confused, but I just saw the tweet which says his MRI was negative and he's day to day. THat's good, right? It sounds so.

MRI negative...day to day...crisis adverted

@AdamSchefter: MRI on Patriots QB Tom Brady's knee was negative and he now is considered day to day, per ESPN source with knowledge of injury.
:rocker:

10chars

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
MRI on Patriots QB Tom Brady's knee was negative and he now is considered day to day, per ESPN source with knowledge of injury.

Per @AdamSchefter, MRI on Tom Brady's knee was negative and he now is considered day to day (via ESPN source with knowledge of injury).

No, I was thinking of when they said RG3 may have sprained his MCL and then all these internet doctors explained how that really meant tear and blah, blah, blah.

And no, i'm not trolling, TriplecHamp. If you think so because I am asking for clarification, then you need to untwist your panties.
Sorry, I really was unsure. It would have been some excellent trolling if it was.
?

Why would I be trolling? Because I'm pissed that Clayborn might've just ended Brady's season?

If you're to be upset at anybody, its Soldier for not doing his job. Funny how anybody could get upset about a player going "too hard" in practice after all the laughing that we did to the ****ies down in philly who called the Pats bullies.

Jeff Howe of the Herald says Brady wasn't, and apparently hasn't been, wearing his metal framed knee brace opting for a simple sleeve instead.

Please Tom, put the contraption back on. NOW!!!!

I guess we're not getting Clowney now.. :bricks:

I'm still a tad confused, but I just saw the tweet which says his MRI was negative and he's day to day. THat's good, right? It sounds so.

No, winning PowerBall jackpot would be good.

This news is great.

because there is a difference between an actual tear and sprain. Torn ACL/MCL=out for the year. Mayo played with a sprained MCL a few years ago. One requires surgery, the other requires rest.

Mallett, here's your chance. You want to start for some team in this league, how about perform for once as the starting QB on national TV (Fox) against the Bucs Friday?

That's about as definitive as we're going to get short of someone in the organization making a statement, and it's very good news as far as I'm concerned.

(A) If Brady had, God forbid, actually torn his ACL, there would be a line at the Tobin Bridge.

(B) It looks like one way or another, the Pats will find out what they have in Mallett.

That's what I wondered but this is all due to RG3's injury months ago. See, I live the D.C. area and this all I heard for weeks. An MCL sprain is actually a tear! Geez, then why use an innocent word like sprain?

I think you are confusing "sprain" with the word "strain."

A "STrain" could mean a partial tear if I'm not mistaken.

A "SPrain" is not nearly as bad. In this case it seems to be the latter, as in a sprain.

Hopefully, a week or two of taking it easy and he should end up being okay. I do want to see that damned knee brace on though--even if he's wearing the red no contact jersey too.

EDIT: I don't know...I think a lot of people are confused about the difference, including myself.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back