PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, in the MVP race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know this game wasn't about Brady...it was more like the 2001 Brady...dink and dunk, no turnovers...but if you look at his stats so far this year, he's completing almost 70 percent of his passes and is on pace for about 3,700 yards, 36 TD and 8 INT. If this team holds it together and wins the division, could he be in the running?

I know this game wasn't about Brady...it was more like the 2001 Brady...dink and dunk, no turnovers...but if you look at his stats so far this year, he's completing almost 70 percent of his passes and is on pace for about 3,700 yards, 36 TD and 8 INT. If this team holds it together and wins the division, could he be in the running?
He should be.

One quarter of the season played, from the 5 QBs you'd assume will be in it...

Manning (2-2)
1,365 Yards
11 TDs
1 INT
112.2 Rating

Brady (3-1)
911 Yards
9 TDs
2 INTs
109.0 Rating

Rivers (2-2)
1,328 Yards
9 TDs
4 INTs
102.8 Rating

Brees (3-1)
1,131 Yards
7 TDs
2 INTS
102.5 Rating

Rodgers (3-1)
940 Yards
8 TDs
5 INTs

So yes, he is very much in it right now. Honestly though the only way they don't give it to Manning is if he doesn't make the playoffs because that's just how it works.

Should also be noted that Adrian Foster has 537 rushing yards (6.3) so far. Before his injury, Vick had MVP-like numbers for the 2.5 games he played.

Micheal Vick
799 passing yards
6 TDs
0 INTs
108.8 Rating

187 rushing yards
7.2 AVG
1 TD

Last edited:
Wins > Td / Int Ratio > Completions Percentage > Yards

Last edited:
Is there a reason why LaDainian Tomlinson and Mark Sanchez aren't on that list? Seeing as they play for the team that leads the division and all.

Is there a reason why LaDainian Tomlinson and Mark Sanchez aren't on that list? Seeing as they play for the team that leads the division and all.
Tied for the division lead, and yes there is a reason/ They don't belong on the list,.

LaDainian Tomlinson isn't even a Top 5 RB, let alone an MVP candidate, get real. He has one 100+ yard game this season against the Bills and you're ready to make sweet dirty love to him.

Mark Sanchez is not the most valuable player in the NFL. Out of all the players mentioned, he has the best "team" around him. Jets most valuable aspect is their defense.

4 games ?? this is what 1 win does for us :)

I think Rivers has the edge over all of those because he faces some pretty mediocre teams in that division and even though KC is unbeaten I really don't think it will continue with their schedule coming up

I think Rivers has the edge over all of those because he faces some pretty mediocre teams in that division and even though KC is unbeaten I really don't think it will continue with their schedule coming up

SD is top 5 in offense and defense i think...they have lost 2 games because of special teams...

SD is top 5 in offense and defense i think...they have lost 2 games because of special teams...

1286256745.jpg

San Diego scares me. I know we usually play them well, but even with the defense showing signs of life last night, Philip Rivers is a top 5 QB and won't make those boneheaded throws Henne made.

my top 5 for MVP right now are

#1 Peyton Manning,

#2 Tom Brady,

#3 as much as we hate it Mark Sanchez, 8 TD's 0 INT's and 3-0 in the AFC east

#4 Aaron Rodgers,

#5 Arian Foster,

And this is without Vincent Jackson

add VJ and it would be hard not to put SD in Dallas in February

The only problem and weakness with SD seems to be Norv

my top 5 for MVP right now are

#1 Peyton Manning,

#2 Tom Brady,

#3 as much as we hate it Mark Sanchez, 8 TD's 0 INT's and 3-0 in the AFC east

#4 Aaron Rodgers,

#5 Arian Foster,

How is Mannings .500 record putting him in the lead? 0-2 in his own division too. And please dont give me the 'he played good and the D lost it? MVPs win games regardless of excuses
You are kidding with Sanchez right?

san deigo stats on defense are misleading they faced 4 teams all in the bottom of the NFL in offense and only one has a winning record

And this is without Vincent Jackson

add VJ and it would be hard not to put SD in Dallas in February

The only problem and weakness with SD seems to be Norv

and he maybe our only hope when we visit SD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back