PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady in the 2015 MVP Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if brady had all his weapons he would be the runaway mvp. Given what has happened his production has slipped a bit thru no fault of his own. No team can overcome the injuries we have had unscathed. That being said i am saying it here first. The panthers are a joke of a 14-0 team. They are a very nice team who deserve to go to the playoffs. And this is not their fault but their scedule has been a joke. They have only played two teams with a winning record. Seatle was 2-4 i think when they played and looked awful. They caught greenbay during a 1-4 skid. i could careless if they go undefeated cause it doesnt mean anything unless you win a superbowl. My guess is they wont even make it that far.

I'm not sure why we feel the need to discount what the Panthers have done. Even if they only beat two teams with a winning record teh fact is that they have met all challengers.

The Pats lost at home to Philly, a team that almost everyone thinks the Pats should have beaten. The point is that teams suffer letdowns, even when playing an inferior opponent, but the Panthers have not fallen trap to this (at least not yet).

Newton has the team record and individual stats to backup the MVP candidacy in a landslide.

I think if brady had all his weapons he would be the runaway mvp. Given what has happened his production has slipped a bit thru no fault of his own. No team can overcome the injuries we have had unscathed. That being said i am saying it here first. The panthers are a joke of a 14-0 team. They are a very nice team who deserve to go to the playoffs. And this is not their fault but their scedule has been a joke. They have only played two teams with a winning record. Seatle was 2-4 i think when they played and looked awful. They caught greenbay during a 1-4 skid. i could careless if they go undefeated cause it doesnt mean anything unless you win a superbowl. My guess is they wont even make it that far.

If Brady had all of his weapons, the Patriots would also be 14-0 and the media would be going nuts talking about the two undefeated teams!

I don't know if you've been watching the Panthers, but they are definitely not a joke. They are either the best or second best team in the NFL (I think they're 2nd, but I'm biased). They have one of the best CBs in the league, a sick LB corps, a really good pass rush, a good running game, and yes, a great QB, at least this year. They let the Giants come back but probably because they let up the gas, they were dominating up to that point. They also seem to have really good chemistry. They might not have a great schedule, but there are not many good teams in the NFL so you could argue that most of the best teams are facing weak opposition. And they take care of business against the bad teams.

I'm interested to see how they do against Seattle / Arizona but my guess is they beat both of those teams (but that's why they play the games as the cliche goes). A Superbowl between the Panthers and Patriots would be a great game. We match up really well against them when we're healthy though. I'd say we have a big advantage at coach too.

Cam is the MVP this year. He's been awesome, especially down the stretch. If Brady didn't lose a lot of his offense he'd be fighting it out with Cam, but it is what it is. All I care about is Brady hoisting the Lombardi trophy again.

If Brady had all of his weapons, the Patriots would also be 14-0 and the media would be going nuts talking about the two undefeated teams!

I don't know if you've been watching the Panthers, but they are definitely not a joke. They are either the best or second best team in the NFL (I think they're 2nd, but I'm biased). They have one of the best CBs in the league, a sick LB corps, a really good pass rush, a good running game, and yes, a great QB, at least this year. They let the Giants come back but probably because they let up the gas, they were dominating up to that point. They also seem to have really good chemistry. They might not have a great schedule, but there are not many good teams in the NFL so you could argue that most of the best teams are facing weak opposition. And they take care of business against the bad teams.

I'm interested to see how they do against Seattle / Arizona but my guess is they beat both of those teams (but that's why they play the games as the cliche goes). A Superbowl between the Panthers and Patriots would be a great game. We match up really well against them when we're healthy though. I'd say we have a big advantage at coach too.

I didnt say they were a joke.. I think the fact that they are an undefeated team is a joke. Their defense let both the giants and the packers back into games late.. They were all out to beat a seatle team that ws awful at the beginning of the year.. And they have beat up on really terrible teams. Their chemistry is one of an over confident team that has no idea what it takes to win a superbowl. Lets see them get punched in the mouth and see how much chemistry the have. Cam newton has played great.. But his 59 percent completion percentage wont fly in the playoffs. Its great that they beat up on bad team after bad team playing sandlot footbal. But sooner or later cam will be asked to beat arizona or us. And its not gonna be that close.

That would have to be one hell of a collapse.

I still think Cam will win, but I don't think he should be a runaway favorite like everyone thinks. What he has done this season is ridiculous, but so is what Brady has done. If the Patriots had any other QB, we'd be in serious trouble and I doubt we would make the playoffs. Watching both of them play this year, I feel like Newton has a much better O-line and a running game behind him that actually works. I'm not taking anything away from him (especially considering he contributes a ton to the run game). I think Brady has had much less to work with on offense, especially with all the receiver and Oline injuries. No one could have kept this offense competitive the way Brady has. With the 28th ranked rushing offense (4th worst Y/Att), the O-line would probably get any other QB killed, let alone be productive.

So yes, if Cam wins it, he deserves it, but there should still be a serious conversation about Brady. Look beyond the stats and flash and look at what they've done with what they have.

I just love the idea of the Patriots beating the Panthers in the Super Bowl.

Which would just mean the Patriots "cheated."

18-1 would be a badge of honor, not a taunt.

Panthers fans would consider it a pinnacle of accomplishment not a horrible memory.

Mercury Morris will take to the air to talk about how the Panthers are the only team he's ever seen that's as good as his 72 Dolphins, and the surviving Dolphins will decline to pop their champagne in mourning.

Cam Newton would talk about it until he's Mercury Morris' current age.

:) But you wouldn't have to deal with DBs walking up to you and saying "18-1!" thinking in their drunken stupor that it's the football trash-talk witticism equivalent of some quip George Bernard Shaw said to Oscar Wilde.

I can just see them in a fin-de-siècle drawing room now...
Shaw: Capital idea to move the Patriots back in time so that the Royals know what color blue is correct.
Wilde: 18-1.
(And they changed the jerseys you old sod.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST